Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
    Spoiler:
    Not surprising we don't see Dr. Hewston anymore since she exploded.
    It's the thought that counts - something that SGA in general failed gigantically with.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Poor Dr. Hewston. Sigh.
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiptronic View Post
        Incredibly heartbreaking episode, I'm pretty sure its the most heartbreaking episode of SGA...
        Agreed, the hardest part of the episode for me to watch was the final scene of McKay and "Beckett" saying goodbye. David Hewlett's performance really epitomized the loss more than any other character.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          They didn't ask Paul McGillion about killing off Beckett, they just did and they regretted that act, and brought in the clone.
          And didn't he only find out when he got the script for that episode?

At least in SG1, "Heroes", they had the decency to tell Teryl Rothery ahead of time they were going to kill Janet (at least that's what I read in an article about it). It's a shame they couldn't have done the same for Paul.

Comment

In that case, one wonders when the decision to kill off carson was made??

Comment

Just finished watching this episode. I've watched this episode like a gazillion times, and even to this day, it still makes me cry. Even...while watching with commentaries...I find myself weeping at the end. Such a sad episode. The scene with Rodney talking to Carson's spirit is just so touching...brings me to tears everytime.
              sigpic
              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

No, no, no! Just watched this episode.. Oh god even I with my stone cold heart started crying! He was my favourite character since ep. 1, why why why

Comment

Originally posted by Okaina View Post
                  No, no, no! Just watched this episode.. Oh god even I with my stone cold heart started crying! He was my favourite character since ep. 1, why why why
                  To answer this very simple question:

Jennifer Keller

To shake things up and what better way than to kill off a character with an exploding tumor in an episode that deals with a day off.

Comment

Jennifer Keller

To shake things up and what better way than to kill off a character with an exploding tumor in an episode that deals with a day off.
                    Because it just had to be done......or because they had run out of ideas for the character......or because they wanted to shake things up.........because they wanted to increase the risk factor for every character...or....well I could go through every reason TPTP gave at various junctions but I rather agree with Falcon's analysis........

Comment

Jennifer Keller

Do we really have proof that adding Keller was the reason for him dying? Its obvious that a doctor was going to be added when the writers choose to kill Carson off but I have never seen proof that they killed him just to add the Keller character and Jewel Staite to the cast
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Do we really have proof that adding Keller was the reason for him dying? Its obvious that a doctor was going to be added when the writers choose to kill Carson off but I have never seen proof that they killed him just to add the Keller character and Jewel Staite to the cast
                        We don't need proof - just watch the show.

Comment

We don't need proof - just watch the show.
                          If you are going to make the claim that Carson was killed off to add Keller then of course you are going to need proof.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

i was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad to see carson go
                            for me it was the same as when Dr Fraiser died in season 7
                            RIP
                            sigpic
                            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Both went with a bang...

Comment

Both went with a bang...
                                well janet's was a smaller bang notably
                                sigpic
                                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Working...
                                X