• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

can you leave out the pictures of him actually dying please
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

They're in spolier tags now. People can view them at their discretion.

Comment

Quick question:

Am I the only one who didn't really see the whole Rodney and Carson being best friends thing? Yes, I always gathered that they were friends, but it always seemed to me like Rodney was closer to John than to Carson.

*shrug*
            McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ata_beckett View Post
              I think it all comes down to this:

If Heighmeyer hadn't called for the whole "mandatory day off" thing, this wouldn't have happened.

So if we're going to blame anyone for what happened, blame Heightmeyer, not Rodney.
              She is not to blame either. That would have happened even without the day off. They had worked on this Ancient device the night before so day off or not wouldn't have had changed that.

Comment

Jooooking.

I'm joking.

Comment

Quick question:

Am I the only one who didn't really see the whole Rodney and Carson being best friends thing? Yes, I always gathered that they were friends, but it always seemed to me like Rodney was closer to John than to Carson.

*shrug*
                  I think that's what they were going for, and I get the impression those two are quite close too. But Rodney and Carson's relationship seemed to develop almost in the background over the series. To be honest, I didn't even really notice it in S1 till I rewatched it. Now it's my favourite realtionship on the show! Or at least, it was.

Comment

I've just watched this episode, I like it very much until Carson dies I don't know if the producers have a problem with how to kill their characters or if it's me who has a problem with how they kill their characters (still following?) but the whole death scene really sucks. I didn't like Kolya's death but this is worse...they could have imagined for him a better way to go (or better not make him go at all...)

Comment

I'm normally a very kind and composed little fangirl. I haven't posted in months.

But I've just seen Sunday, and I'm pissed of as hell at a show that I loved so much against many odds.

HOW COULD THEY F***ING DO THIS???!!

Of all the stupid, business-oriented, money-grabbing, ratings-crazy stunts to pull. They have to f***ing kill Beckett! Even though I'd heard the rumours, it is now that I regret the day I first invested my time and energy in a fandom, and this one in particular.

Curse the writers for creating adorable characters and then killing them off without mercy. It's a disgrace and I know it isn't worth much but they just lost a dedicated fan.

I will probably keep watching, out of habit if nothing else.

But I have to get a life and quit being a fangirl.

Shame, TPTB. Shame.

Banner by *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc View Post
                        I think that's what they were going for, and I get the impression those two are quite close too. But Rodney and Carson's relationship seemed to develop almost in the background over the series. To be honest, I didn't even really notice it in S1 till I rewatched it. Now it's my favourite realtionship on the show! Or at least, it was.
                        They've been so busy shoving McKay and Sheppard down our throats that Carson and Rodney's relationship was lost entirely after season 1. I found it laughable, at the least, to have that line in there. Exposition is a no-no. They should have been *showing* us all this time that Rodney & Carson were best friends, but they were too busy rewriting their own glory days so that this time the geek did get to hang out with the cool and popular crowd.
                        sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                        ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
                          They should have been *showing* us all this time that Rodney & Carson were best friends, but they were too busy rewriting their own glory days so that this time the geek did get to hang out with the cool and popular crowd.

My thoughts EXACTLY. Maybe we got a little of it in Duet, maybe a little in Sateda, but nothing that I thought warranted the "you were the closest thing to a best friend that I've ever had" line. Yes, it's sweet and gushy and it made me tear up, but I don't see where the heck it came from.

Comment

Great photos, thanks for posting them. Lol, who won the Golf match then And Glad to see more of the City being shown especially the outside.
                            Last edited by Wormhole; 16 January 2007, 11:07 AM.
                            BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

I think it all comes down to this:

If Heighmeyer hadn't called for the whole "mandatory day off" thing, this wouldn't have happened.

So if we're going to blame anyone for what happened, blame Heightmeyer, not Rodney.
                              Originally posted by Vicky View Post
                              She is not to blame either. That would have happened even without the day off. They had worked on this Ancient device the night before so day off or not wouldn't have had changed that.
                              Indeed. In fact they probably would have lost half the science dept cos the tumours would have blown while those people were working with their science team colleagues...

My thoughts EXACTLY. Maybe we got a little of it in Duet, maybe a little in Sateda, but nothing that I thought warranted the "you were the closest thing to a best friend that I've ever had" line. Yes, it's sweet and gushy and it made me tear up, but I don't see where the heck it came from.
                              Yeah, that did kinda throw me a little. We definitely had signs of Carson and Rondey being friends in Season 1 but not so much since and the whole "closest thing to a best friend I've ever had" seemed a bit out of the blue - based on what we've SEEN in the show, i would have assumed that role to be John's.
                              sigpic

Comment

Episode wouldn't have been too bad until the second half. I do prefer Teyla/Ronon to the Teyla/Shep thing. The guy is old enough to be her father, but then, Shep likes them young. He would just toss Teyla away for the next bombshell blonde that stepped through the gate anyway. No, I'm not a big Sheppard fan.

Killing Carson was just dumb. Makes me wonder just what they are smoking up in Vancouver these days. Maybe Sheppard should have poofed in the great exploding tumor of doom.

Comment

Working...
                                X