Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CalmStorm
    Lord of The Rings style

I'll never forget the first time I saw the ending on Part 1 of LOTR. I knew it was to be continued, but I was stunned at the none-ending and was left with a WTH feeling. Two little hobbits standing on top of a mountain and glad each other was there together...honestly, what the h*** was that.
    Rather like my sister, who not knowing it was a trilogy said very loudly, 'Is that it?'

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Or I'm only allowed to have an opinion if it agrees with the masses?

Well, excuse me, I'm sure, but last time I checked I was allowed to disagree. YOU think something's funny and harmless? Fine. Peachy. Congratulations. But sorry to say I (and others) are under no obligation to agree with you... and as it happens, I don't. I didn't find the ogling of the girl in the cafeteria funny.

Oh, I don't know if you are going against the 'masses' I didn't find it funny either. But what do we know!
      ----
      There is something extraordinarily delightful in getting intensely
      serious about something intrinsically silly.

Comment

There are too many people to quote and it goes really far back but the reason the darts were destroyed so quickly was because they were really close together. Think about it, if an artillery shell lands near five people, it will kill more than it would if it lands near one person.
        Last edited by freyr's mother; 18 July 2006, 05:31 PM.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          Then we see Caldwell lead his crew and he feels so much more . . . .in command. Its such a jarring difference it almost makes me want Caldwell in command of Atlantis instead of goofball Sheppard.
          SCENE:

Command deck of the Daedalus. Caldwell is in the command seat. Lt. Kleinman, to his right, is studying the readouts. To his left is Lt. Bambi. It's her first day and she's nervously chewing her pen.

Caldwell watches her, smiling faintly as she nibbles the round, blunted end of the pen.

Kleinman tenses.

Kleinman: Sir! Two Wraith hiveships just dropped out of hyperspace!

Bambi drops her pen. Caldwell watches as she scrambles under her station to retrieve it, her short-short skirt riding up as she does. He grins at her rear end.

Kleinman: Uh, sir? The hiveships?

Caldwell: Take 'em out of my sky, Weps. Make it so or whatever. *waves hand dismissively*

Kleinman turns to stare at him, then glances at Bambi, who is holding her pen triumphantly, her proud chest straining the buttons of her too-small uniform. Rolling his eyes, he proceeds to attack the hiveships.

Bambi turns to face Caldwell, her eyes huge, her lower lip trembling.

Bambi: Are we going to be okay, sir? This is my first time... in battle.

Caldwell leers at her.

Caldwell: Don't worry, lieutenant. I won't let anything bad happen to you. *leans forward, licking his lips* I always protect the people uner me. Under my command.

Smiling happily, Bambi faces her station again, unaware (probably) that her skirt is still hiked up. Caldwell continues to watch with interest for a few minutes before turning his attention to the battle.

Caldwell: What's the situation, Weps?

Kleinman: Fortunately, sir, the hiveships didn't seem to be expecting us. I managed to take 'em both out before they knew what was happening.

Caldwell: *eyes Bambi* Good work, lieutenant.

Kleinman shakes his head and makes a note to change commands as soon as possible. Maybe ground duty on Atlantis will be better...

Comment

Great episode! It really was. I can't find anything to fault with it at all...except it ended....sort of!

I've really missed all these fab characters over the hiatus. Even the secondary characters are wonderful....Zelenka, Caldwell, Lorne, Hermiod etc.etc. and they were used to good effect here.

Connor Trinneer is so good as Michael. I think he plays the part ever so well and, at the moment, we really can't tell whether he's going to end up a good guy or a bad guy. Nice to see Robert Picardo to, although I still keep expecting him to leap up at any minute and say 'Please state the nature of the medical emergency'!!!! Landry is growing on me. Awww...he seems like a nice guy!

As for the main characters....excellent. Loved Weir...really honest and assertive. Loved McKay's ramblings in the cocoon and how Ronon handled him...but, best of all, loved Shep's wonderful one-liners! Had me snickering out loud. Perhaps the best ones since 'Lt. Col. Errand Boy'!!! JF is certainly a master of the one-liners! Great delivery!

Loved the little cafeteria scene myself...was cute and funny!

The writing was brilliant as were the SFX...so, top marks all round I say!

Can't wait for the next instalment!

Comment

Agree with you, Elinor....

Well, about the wraith-now-human that appears at the end of the ep... he reminds me LOTR too, specially the Lorien elves, but, he's the ugly version....hahahaha!...

Love Michael!.... he's so cute and kind in the bottom, just like the first time we saw him (in human form)... I want more of him in the next chapters!

Ronon... he will kill me of a heart attack one day with his hot-headed behavior! but still like him and his "conversations" with Rodney!....

Sheppard-Kirking: well.... I'm not a kirking-lover, but.... he's the handsome guy... what did you expect?.... he's just like a boy some times... love that flashback entirely!

Oh!... the best quote:

Michael: Colonel Sheppard?
              Sheppard: Oh, sorry, wrong number.

Weir: Wow... the woman really have nuts!.... she rocks the SGC!... love the converseation between she and Landry...and the exchange with Teyla too, the way they support each other....

The best scene: at the end... when Sheppard fires at the queen to save Lorne... nice shot!....

One Question:
              Why the queen didin't transform into human? .... was she inmune?
              sigpic
              ----------------------------
              Stars are not the limit.....
              The galaxies are not the limit....
              Your imagination have the last word...

Raziel...

Comment

Originally posted by Raziel
                Sheppard-Kirking: well.... I'm not a kirking-lover, but.... he's the handsome guy... what did you expect?.... he's just like a boy some times... love that flashback entirely!
                That's kinda the problem, he isn't a boy, he's a 40 year old man.

Sheppard is just a joke to me anyway. I enjoy all the other characters and just don't pay attention to him anymore.

It was interesting how the Wraith Queen wasn't affected by the gas. I hope we find out more on that in the next episode.

Comment

For some people, watching a grown man act liked an oversexed teenage horndog chasing after everything in a skirt and leering at all the pretty girls is simply to be expected. But not everyone thinks like that, not everyone likes it and not everyone finds it acceptable/amusing. I happen to be in the category of people who find that behavior distasteful and immature. And not in a good way.

But this is an ep discussion, not a "let's dissect Shep's behavior" thread.

I still like the ep, even if I had problems with certain aspects of it.

Comment

Is it me or was that chick he was looking at Andee Frizzell without the make-up? (the flashback scene with McKay and Zelenka discussing in front of Sheppard)

Her facial structure seemed very familiar to me (seen it on the show more than once).

Mattathias

Comment

It wasn't just a great space battle, it was a great storyline too.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

Well I have another question, a technical one....

Since when is so easy to travel to Earth via Stargate?

It's not suppossed that there are no enough energy to open a wormhole that easy?..... What did I missed?

sigpic
                        Stars are not the limit.....
                        The galaxies are not the limit....
                        Your imagination have the last word...

Raziel...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

But this is an ep discussion, not a "let's dissect Shep's behavior" thread.
                          That's one thing I can agree with.

Back to NML.
                          I do agree with the poster who felt the episode ended very suddenly, but I'm glad the story wasn't too rushed. In season 2 I often felt that was the case, an episode would end, and I'd feel cheated. I think, and I know they don't like doing this because of syndication, that it's better to have some 2 part episodes, where the story is fleshed out more, rather than squeeze everything into 40 odd minutes. I still felt the ending was a bit sudden though!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladysarah
                            Oh, I don't know if you are going against the 'masses' I didn't find it funny either. But what do we know!
                            As far as I know, no one's asking you to change your opinions. We're just stating ours, which, hopefully, we can.

Well I have another question, a technical one....

Since when is so easy to travel to Earth via Stargate?

It's not suppossed that there are no enough energy to open a wormhole that easy?..... What did I missed?

You missed The Siege Part 3.

Comment

One Question:
                              Why the queen didin't transform into human? .... was she inmune?
                              They said at the end that they suspected that the virus wouldnt effect the female wraith.
                              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Adrius
                                Exactly, what's the big deal here? People act like he shouldn't be allowed to like women or something lol.
                                The big deal is this guy has the lives of hundreds if not thousands of people in his hands, and all he can do when the two brightest people on Atlantis are trying to impart their knowledge and theories is to ogle some women.

Well sorry but I would actually like to feel he is smarter then that but apparently not. It just gets old really fast and I for one am pretty sick of seeing him act like he is a horny teenager. Oh and since we are ment to discuss the ep this did all start with the ep, I mean they are still doing this in NML. Not like it is anything off-topic if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                                X