Wraith VS Ori

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
    If the Ori came to the Pegasus, Im sure PLENTY of human worlds would follow them.
    Yup. worship the ori and we shall save you from the wraith.. I actually cannot see many planets who WOULD not agree... though i would love to see a prior step through a gate, before realising it is in space!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Yup. worship the ori and we shall save you from the wraith.. I actually cannot see many planets who WOULD not agree... though i would love to see a prior step through a gate, before realising it is in space!!!
      i could see it now a space gate operates and then a prior steps out and then floats saying 'what the f***!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Ori Hands down

this is how they would encounter each other

Ori convert Planet
        Wraith Attack planet
        Planet calls Ori
        Ori kick the Wraith's butt
        then begins a big war
        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
        new enemy of the Ori
        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

The Ori weapons seem to get most of their oomph from the fact that they make an utter joke out of shields. Since Wraith ships don't rely on shields for defence, but use heavy armour instead, they'll probably do a lot better than a comperable shield protected ship like an O'neill/Ha'tak/304 would against an Ori crusader.

The Ori's main problem though is that they don't seem to be all that great at building ships. In the 2 or so years that they were at war with the MW so far they've managed to only get around a dozen, maybe even less, into the actual war. With only those kinds of numbers they're never going to stand up to the Wraith fleet of 50 hives + who knows how many cruisers. There's also the fact that the main Wraith strength in beating the ancients seemed to be how fast they could multiply and build ships to, that makes it even harder for the Ori. Ori ships are good but they're going to have a lot more trouble with heavily armoured hives backed by dart swarms and cruisers than they ever did with things like Ha'taks and 304s. They'll cause some casualties on the wraith for sure but with their current rather unimpressive building rate for ships it looks like they'll probably just get ground down even faster than the ancients did. If their ships don't enjoy the near invulnerability they did against the infearior ships of the Jaffa nation and Earth they're not going to be able to replace their losses fast enough to stay in the war. With the ships they built in the last two years to send against us the Wraith already outnumber them around 5 to one just in hives. So basically it looks like in an all out war the Ori would be largely boned.

Protip: Stop using medieval villiages to build your spacefleet.

Comment

i agree, if Asgard weapons could not do anything you can bet Wraith weapons won't

Comment

The Ori would whip the Wraith no problem and it'd take the same amount of effort as Ronon beating Kolya. One of the reasons the Lanteans didn't beat the Wraith is because they were a peaceful people, going for negotiation instead of "worship us or die". So yea, the Ori would wipe out the Wraith no prob.
              Last edited by WhiteWereTiger; 29 April 2007, 11:05 AM. Reason: color messed up

Comment

As I see things the way they are now. I do believe that the Ori will be able to defeat the Wraith. In Atlantis season 1 episode 1 Rising, the hologram lady stated that Their kind was over-confident in their abilities to defeat the Wraith and were almost immediatly outnumbered. This goes to show that The Lantians were a peaceful race, and did not believe in destroying other beings without negociations. This is what caused the Lantians to evacuate Atlantis and head to earth.

Now that the Lantians are now ascended, they possess the knowledge and wisdom of the universe. As do the Ori upon their ascension.

On Stargate Atlantis, Season 2, Episode 6: Trinity, Dr. Rodney McKay discovered a final project left by The Ancients, a new power source to make ZPMs look like Alkaline Batteries. This project was called Project Arcturus. It however failed, and both The Ancients and the Wraith in that region of space were destroyed.

I believe that the Ancients were unable to finish Project Arcturus because they just weren't smart enough. But upon their ascension, they could easily complete Arcturus, but didn't because of their beliefs on Not Interfering in our little plain of existance. But The Ori are different. Because they are ascended themselves, and are made aware of our existance because of Daniel and Vala.

The Doci, speaks the word of the Ori, and he is 'the Bridge' that allows the Ori to communicate their will to our plain of existance. The Ori, communicate their knowledge of technology to the Doci who then tells the Priors what it is the Ori want. The Ori tell the Doci how to create a powersource for their ships (in this case, it would be something that looks very similar to Project Arcturus: SGA s2 ep.6 Trinity). On the Ori Ships, Arcturus appears to be a glowing white ball of pure energy, perfected by the Ori via Doci via Priors. The ships now have a power source as powerful as the Universe itself.

Now, should the Ori become aware of the Pegasus Galaxy, god DON'T forbid. Priors will begin converting Pegasus' inhabitants, and will gain followers very easily because of the Wraith threat.

Upon the priors arrival, a Wraith dart comes through the 'Ancestral Ring' and begins culling. The Prior is made aware by the villagers of what is going on, and the prior uses his staff to control the dart and allow the dart to 'eject' it's human cargo, and return the takes back to the village. The Prior then uses his powers to destroy the Wraith dart because the dart makes itself a threat to the prior, and the Prior destroys the dart. The darts that survive the prior, escape through the Ancestral Ring and tell other wraith.

Upon hear what happened, The Wraith will not want to lose their food source and make an attack on any planet that has been converted by the Ori, and I'm pretty sure that the team in Atlantis would not be happy to hear that their galaxy has become infected with Ori followers, but I'm not talking about how Atlantis would feel, forget about them for now.

The Ori, quickly become aware of the Wraith, and dispatch a single prior to an uninhabited world in Pegusus where he will begin the contruction of an Ori Supergate. The Wraith discovering what is happening, will undoubtingly attack, not knowing what is going on, and not realizing that their weapons fire is only powering the priors shield to consume the planet, the wraith feed the prior what he needs to collapse the planet into a blackhole, and when Sheppard's team find out what is happening, it is too late to stop the damage, and the Ori then have a foothold in Pegasus like they do in the Milkyway.

The Wraith, seeing what has happened, continue to attack the small objects coming from the stargate on the planet, but with no success in destroying them, A supergate is formed, and it activates. And Upon it's activation, Ori Battle Cruisers come through and possition themselves as they did in SG1, S9, Ep.20 Camelot. But except the Wraith are infact so many, More than 4 ships will be sent through, all of them powered by what appears to be the perfected version of Project Arcturus.

The Ori ships have more then enough power to defend themselves against the Wraith Hives, Cruisers, and Darts with their advenced weapons and shields. The Ori fire upon the wraith, and maybe the Daedalus if the Atlantis team try to stop the Ori, which they will. The Wraith ships get destroyed, Many darts are flying around, But a couple thousand Darts themselves will probably only stand a snowball's chance in hell against 6+ ori ships, and the Daedalus possibly assisting. Although, The Daedalus will also face some damage from the Ori.

Upon this incident, should the followers of the Ori become aware of those in need in the Pegasus galaxy (God please, DO NOT forbid) I believe that the Wraith vs Ori battle would be very interesting to watch. But I do believe that the Ori will win, not only because the Ori will be sending more than 4 ships on their initial 'invasion', but because the ships are theoretically powered by an Ori version of Arcturus.

If anyone sees any flaw in my theory, I want to hear it!
                Peace Y'all
                Last edited by merrik86; 04 May 2007, 12:51 PM.
                Then To Tyolous
                Say to the people of the low plains
                Seek not the wickedness amongst your neighbors
                Lest it finds purchase in your own house.

Comment

Ok flaw one;

Project Arcturus is impossible! The Ancients couldn't finish it because it can not be finished. The exotic particles Arcturus creates cannot be predicted because they do not obey our laws of physics therefore no matter what the Ori build the exotic particles will form and will go out of control. The Ori do not have all the knowledge of the universe and even if they did some things are just impossible. I believe the actual Ori themselves could contain the exotic particles but they are not allowed to intervene. In short Project Arcturus is impossible for anyone on our plain to build without continual direct interference Project Arcturus would not work.

Flaw two;

The two machines look nothing alike especially when they power up.

Flaw 3;

Spoilers for season 10 episode 20 'Unending'!!!

Spoiler:
                  Asgard weapons owned the Ori ships and beat down their shields if the ships were powered by project Arcturus then the Asgard weapons would be as ineffective as Goa'uld weapons.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                    Ok flaw one;

Project Arcturus is impossible! The Ancients couldn't finish it because it can not be finished. The exotic particles Arcturus creates cannot be predicted because they do not obey our laws of physics therefore no matter what the Ori build the exotic particles will form and will go out of control. The Ori do not have all the knowledge of the universe and even if they did some things are just impossible. I believe the actual Ori themselves could contain the exotic particles but they are not allowed to intervene. In short Project Arcturus is impossible for anyone on our plain to build without continual direct interference Project Arcturus would not work.
                    Okay, So the exotic particles cannot be predicted, The ori do not need to contain the exotic particles because that's what Priors are for. The Ori are not allowed to interfere in our galaxy because of the ancients, but that doesn't mean that the Ori can't give the Priors the know-how on how to contain unpredictable exotic particles in their home galaxy.

Flaw two;

The two machines look nothing alike especially when they power up.
                    Well they don't have to. I've seen enough to know that Ancient/Lantian/Al'Terran (hope I got that spelled right) technology differ in appearance compared to Ori technology.
                    BAD EXAMPLE The Milkyway Stargates and Pegasus Stargates appear different, but they work just the same. (Dialing wise that is) (DON'T ANYBODY CALL ME ON THAT FACT THAT BOTH STARGATES ARE FROM 2 DIFFERENT GALAXIES EITHER CUZ I AM AWARE OF THAT FACT)

Flaw 3;

Spoilers for season 10 episode 20 'Unending'!!!

Spoiler:
                    Asgard weapons owned the Ori ships and beat down their shields if the ships were powered by project Arcturus then the Asgard weapons would be as ineffective as Goa'uld weapons.
                    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I hate reading spoilers nobody who hasn't seen unending yet read the spoiler.

Spoiler:
                    I know, I've read spoilers before this one, and I know that The Oddessy used asgard weapons to destroy an Ori ship but that's because the Oddessy is powered by a ZPM which gives the weapon more power and possibly the power to destroy Ori shields.
                    Then To Tyolous

Comment

Originally posted by merrik86 View Post
                      Okay, So the exotic particles cannot be predicted, The ori do not need to contain the exotic particles because that's what Priors are for. The Ori are not allowed to interfere in our galaxy because of the ancients, but that doesn't mean that the Ori can't give the Priors the know-how on how to contain unpredictable exotic particles in their home galaxy.
                      The priors must obey the laws of physics therefore they cannot contain the exotic particles.

Well they don't have to. I've seen enough to know that Ancient/Lantian/Al'Terran (hope I got that spelled right) technology differ in appearance compared to Ori technology.
                      BAD EXAMPLE The Milkyway Stargates and Pegasus Stargates appear different, but they work just the same. (Dialing wise that is) (DON'T ANYBODY CALL ME ON THAT FACT THAT BOTH STARGATES ARE FROM 2 DIFFERENT GALAXIES EITHER CUZ I AM AWARE OF THAT FACT)
                      Without a physical similarity there's no reason to assume that it is infact related in anyway to Project Arcturus. They look completely different therefore it is illogical to believe they are related.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I hate reading spoilers nobody who hasn't seen unending yet read the spoiler.

Spoiler:
                      I know, I've read spoilers before this one, and I know that The Oddessy used asgard weapons to destroy an Ori ship but that's because the Oddessy is powered by a ZPM which gives the weapon more power and possibly the power to destroy Ori shields.
                      Spoiler:
                      Project Arcturus is vastly more powerful than a Z.P.M therefore if the Ori ships were powered by Arcturus it would have made no difference and the shields would have held with ease.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Now that Adria is the only supposed Ori the Wraith could easily over power the Ori. The Wraith are more aggressive, intelligent (Ori followers do not have all Ori knowledge), numbers and the tech should still be fairly similar. Definitely the Wraith.
                        sigpic

Comment

Considering that Adria would basically inherite all of the Ori's powers, it would be like nothing's changed.

Comment

Without a physical similarity there's no reason to assume that it is infact related in anyway to Project Arcturus. They look completely different therefore it is illogical to believe they are related.
                            That maybe so, but explain as to why the Chair platform on the Ori ships are designed differently, but work very much the same way the chair in Antarctica. Yes, the Ori chair is programmed to become active when a Prior sits in it and he is granted the ability to control the ship. Just as the chair in Antarctica is programmed to be controlled when someone with the Ancient Gene sits in it. Both chairs appear to look different, but can't they both be reprogrammed so that lets say to someone who has the ATA gene to be able to control the Ori chair, and a Prior to control the Ancient chair (but in this case, a Prior can problably already activate the chair in Antarctica). It may be difficult, but I do not see why it would be immpossible. My point is that they don't have to be remotly the same in appearance to perform the same function.
                            Then To Tyolous

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
                              Now that Adria is the only supposed Ori the Wraith could easily over power the Ori. The Wraith are more aggressive, intelligent (Ori followers do not have all Ori knowledge), numbers and the tech should still be fairly similar. Definitely the Wraith.
                              Indeed, there's also the fact that it seems to take them about years to build a dozen ships or so, something I already mentioned which no one seems to have read I guess.

This is a style over substance thing here. The Ori look more impressive on screen because most of the time they're just beating up on weaklings like Ha'taks, or doomed to die ships like the Russian one. About the only thing they did that was really impressive shipwise was take out that O,neill but we didn't even see that on screen so we can't even really say how much effort it took for the 4 Ori toilets to pull it down, if they even really did.

They also can't be that super wanky if the Asguard can build weapons that are as effective on them as the ones in unending were. It seems like the grey guys just needed a little time to study their shields before they could counter them with that new beam weapon they gave to Odyssey.

Of course the minute the shields couldn't protect them the whole thing went up like a torch in a few hits as usual.

Comment

I actually think that the Wraith would win.

Think about it for a minute. Many of you are saying the Ori, but why? Wrait Queens have Mind Control for starters, and could no doubt do wonders if they put their mind too it.

The Wraith are very advanced, and have a lot of technology. Yes, the Ori ships are powerful, but if Earth ships can damage / destroy an Ori Ship, and Wraith Ships can destroy (or seriously damage) Earth Ships, then Wraith Ships will no doubt be able to take the fight to the Ori.

Excluding Ship Combat for the time being, on the group, I've no doubt that the Wraith would totally own. They'd suck the life out of all the Ori Troops, problem (for them) solved. It would be a good set of scenes / episodes to watch mind. Shame it isn't going to happen though.
                                sigpic
                                It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Working...
                                X