Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you think it'll take to make a space station.(Return Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do you think it'll take to make a space station.(Return Spoilers)

Alright well we know the Intergalactice bridge is finished... and pretty sweet lol i was impresed i thought it would be two floatign gates but i like the hook up... but... Lets face it Do we really want to take a puddle jumper every time we goto Earth or atlantis? what about mass evacuations? theres not going to be enough jumpers to get everyone out of there in one trip, and if their evacuating then... a second trip cant be made..

So, how long do you think itll be before they build a Space Station around the bridge? It would be a better idea then just leaving it there. Also im sure theyd give it weapons and shields, so defending it wouldnt be a bad idea incase the wraith or asurans decide to knock it down.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Well i would say they would have it finished ( if it doesnt get destroyed ) by the end of this Season or beggening of next Season ...

As for the base itself , i think there looking for a base that you could travel throw with out a PJ so i think it would be safe to say they would have a full command center setup there ...

They would need a small crew of like 50 or so , with Weapons to protect them selfs and sheilds for defence ... They would also need to setup an Iris on both STARGATES ... This way the Wraith and the Asurans cantuse it with out the CODES to send threw before entering the STARGATE ...

I think its going to be mroe of a Galatice Space Station , then just a drop off point ...

What would be intresting is finding out where the ASGARDS Galaxy is at and setup a 3rd Bridge to there home planet so it could be like a Galatice SubWay of Stargates .....

Now that would be Sweet ...

I would also be sweet if they set it up as a Meeting place for the Asgards , Pegasus Reps for there galaxy and MW Galaxy Reps ... More like a Galatice Alliance with all 3 Galaxies ...

Comment

lol wE get the Asgards to make a gate system and bridge it up to ours, then when we meet the furlings have htem do it... hahaha... 4 way travel, Human run and half of it is human galaxy.. i love it.. Galactic alliance! yay.

But yeah thats exactly what i mean, a space station or command center. and remember thier going for a 3rd Spin off... which.. i wouldnt mind the SG-1 cast getting shoved into the void of space because Earth has been conquered by the Orii.

Also, rather than everyone inputing the macro, this would allow for one person in a control tower to hit a button.

Thin kabout it thisway it takes what 2 weeks on the deady to get from earth to Atlantis? so it would take about 7 days to get to the Bridge Station right? bam, once you have a fleet of ships built keep one on standby at the Bridge station. incase Atlantis or earth needs it.

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Well thinking about it they would need somekind of SHIP there just in case of something happening and they have to blow up the Station them selfs ...

Comment

Well, Mckay specifically said that they WERE planning to build a space station around the Stargates. It is going to be called the Midway Spacestation. It'll probably be completed by the end of this season, or the beginning of next season. (As already suggested. ) I doubt they'll be making a bridge to the Asgard home galaxy anytime soon. Not a bad idea though, it's just we have no specific interest there per se. Not like Atlantis.
          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

*grins giddy at the thought of human built Space Station*

I feel so silly now Its a great idea, and honestly: I hadnt thought of it.

Imagine the view
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

There wouldn't be any need for weapons and shields since it's quite litteraly in the middle of nowhere in the huge void between our galaxys... The wraith can't get there and it's doubtfull the Asurans would...

Comment

They probably want to design things so humans themselves can go through the walk way & not rely on ships

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate
                  They probably want to design things so humans themselves can go through the walk way & not rely on ships
                  EXACTLY! I think this'll be the biggy for a mass evac.. of either galaxy.

Comment

"Stargete: Deep Space" or "Stargate: Babylon"?
                    hmmmm.... what you think, which one is better for spin-off?

On serious note:
                    If MW falls to Ori and we have to retreat, this station could be used to start new Stargate spin-off, which would be very close to what was going originally in first seasons, only difference it would be that instead of Chayenne Mountain, teams would start their journies from new station.

As far as i remember Asgard created their new colony in MW, so if MW falls to Ori, maybe this could be joint Human/Asgard station, which would be really really great. Asgard techs and scientists working with our guys on station and ways to defeat Ori, while human teams (since Asgard are not physically much of use) go to planet missions.

Ohhhh..... forget "SG-1", make this show!!!!!!
                    VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Stargate: Midway 1

Sounds hotter than the two you suggested I never liked the name Babylon actually...dunno why.

The Asgard didnt set up their new colony in the MW. Otherwise we'd see, and hear of their impact more, and there would be more than one ship in Camelot.

As for weapons - erm - were traveling between galaxies...whos not to say anyone else does? Just because we don't know about it...doesnt mean it isnt happening.
                      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

You know what would be a cool spin off. After the Ori are defeated have Daniel find a thingy that has GALAXY ADDRESSES that way the show can be pretty much based on an SG team going to other galaxies with easy

Stargate - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Heh...was that an intentional reference?

I don't know about this Midway thing...you're in the middle of nowhere, afterall.

Episode 1/2 - MW falls.
                          Episode 3 - Stuck on station in the middle of nowhere.
                          Episode 4 - same as 3.
                          Episode 5 - same as 4.

And so on.

Comment

actually it would be milkyway falls and its up to the midway station to keep launching missions thru the gate inorder to regain it, specifically... Earth. It would be great considering... We cant beat the orii. Lets face it, if we get the sangraal and kill off the Orii, then we still have the Orii army, who STILL follow the orii and need proof of their nonexistance. Which if the priors are still around and my guess is they will be theyll still preach the word of the orii under command of either the orici or the doci, which either of them will claim power of the orii, however one will be in one galaxy and the other in another galaxy, and two leaders in charge of vast armies and territory will surely fight. walla Civil War....

Um anyway, Orii take our galaxy with or without ascended beings and... We get pushed into the viod of space where nobody really travels and walla, We live happily ever after... All we have to do is build a planet around it.. and put all of earth to sleep drag them in and bam theyll never know they left earth... lmao..

Comment

I think the Midway station is the best way to begin a new spin-off:

1. They can use 2 gate system, so every planet is reachable.
                              2. It is in the middle of nothing, so it can be easily protected, because there is less "space traffic"between the galaxies.
                              3. They can make big ship bays, so if they really want an SG show on a ship, than the station can be their dock.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X