This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep
    Its either ancient or wraith...thwey are the only two races it could be.
    Or the Ancients deciphered whale singing and made some translator device or gene. Thus this theoretical translation tech might be in all the jumpers (since they could apparently always be used as subs). Funny then the whale in "Grace Under Pressure" might have actually been answering the sonar ping from Rodney's crashed jumper and actually was trying to help him. Although this all seems very much straight of Seaquest.

Looking at the title, was I the only one that thought of the Pink Floyd song of the same name?

Overhead the albatross
    Hangs motionless upon the air
    And deep beneath the rolling waves
    In labyrinths of coral caves
    An echo of a distant time
    Comes willowing across the sand
    And everything is green and submarine.

Comment

I'm with those who think it might be some variant of Ancient. Maybe the Ancient language is modelled on that of the whales; that would be pretty cool. But since the Ancients are the ones who seeded life in this new galaxy, it's more likely the Pegasus whales may have evolved a language similar to that of the tech that seeded their galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rheya
        Or the Ancients deciphered whale singing and made some translator device or gene. Thus this theoretical translation tech might be in all the jumpers (since they could apparently always be used as subs). Funny then the whale in "Grace Under Pressure" might have actually been answering the sonar ping from Rodney's crashed jumper and actually was trying to help him. Although this all seems very much straight of Seaquest.

I like your idea!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Anyone think the Lady of the Lake in Athurian legend might be a whale now.
          Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Comment

Originally posted by jash
            Anyone think the Lady of the Lake in Athurian legend might be a whale now.
            That`s not a bad thought but I get strange visions of more SG-1/Atlantis crossovers and I`m not sure I like the idea of that.
            Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
            Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X