Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be interesting to see Loki lead an armed Asgard strike force to attempt to take Atlantis.

THAT would be a cool story line. Exiled Asgard become a new enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by indaeo
      I'd really like to see the Atlantis crew find *new* allies, actually. If they want to separate it from SG1 a bit more and give it its own identity like they say they want to, I think it's important that they do that.
      I totally agree. We have Hermiod as an Asgard presence. Also some occasional crossover, such as the appearance of the G'ould periodically to spice things up. Otherwise, Atlantis is a whole new ball game. I'd be happy to see it head in new directions, not rehash SG1. That's what DVDs are for.

Also, IMO, I would really hate for it to get too easy for the guys at Atlantis. If they have powerful ships and allies etc, it gets harder to maintain the challenge and the excitement. Basically, they need to get whumped from time to time.
      sigpic
      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
        I'm wondering why the Asgard haven't tried to 'horn in' on the technology of Atlantis. Why haven't they sent a team in so that they could perhaps do more than scratch the surface when it comes to understanding Ancient technologies? I'm sure the SGC wouldn't care.

I would suspect it might have something to do with their kind. I mean, humans are the closes to the Ancients based on our biological makeup, we are the second evolotion of their kind. So perhaps, when the time is right and when humans have finally evolved enough, it is we who will be able to truly
        understand Ancient technology.

As far as we know, the Asgard were presumed to be second to the Ancients in the Alliance of the Four Great Races. But we have yet to see the Asgard display any of the mental powers the Ancients possesed. We don't even know if the Asgard are evolved and advanced enough to have achieved ascension- perphaps it's just not in their race to do so?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Charmed One
          As far as we know, the Asgard were presumed to be second to the Ancients in the Alliance of the Four Great Races. But we have yet to see the Asgard display any of the mental powers the Ancients possesed. We don't even know if the Asgard are evolved and advanced enough to have achieved ascension- perphaps it's just not in their race to do so?
          I personally don't believe this. I think Tha Ancients and the Nox were the two oldest and most powerful races. I also believe that the Giant Aliens for Crystal Skull are the furlings and they were next in line age-wise, but were less technologically advanced than the Asgard. The Asgard, however, were the youngest and probably the initiators of the Alliance.

I also believe that the Nox are the only one of the 4 great races that were native to our galaxy.

Comment

Working...
          X