This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
    He'll probably fail - there's no point in neutering the new enemy on the first encounter

From a story point of view if the Asurans want to Ascend they'll first have to learn to deal with their anger - not simply have it removed but learn to control it
    Exactly. How often in the scifi have they addressed that to take away the aggressive part causes more harm then good
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
      Exactly. How often in the scifi have they addressed that to take away the aggressive part causes more harm then good
      Right, just look what happened when they tried to "fix" the Wraith. Hopefully they've learned the lesson by now
      sigpic

Comment

Disrupter Satilites just like in SG1 since we don't have to worry about the Replicators in Sg1 they can take them from the alpha.. or beta.. or that other site.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I seriously doubt the Asurans would have much trouble defending themselves from the Atlantis expedition.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

The Asurans attack Atlantis!

photoshopped

Comment

Trying to pull a ****ing joke but no-one is posting anymore, sigh

Comment

Originally posted by Mirel
                Trying to pull a ****ing joke but no-one is posting anymore, sigh

lol nnnnnnnnnnnnno atlantis

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                  1.) Install multiple asgard sensor arrays on the daedalus so more than one object can be beamed at one time.

2.) Adapt a cloak to the daedalus from one of the pj's.

3.) Travel through hyperspace to asuran homeworld.

4.) Cloak

5.) Beam every last asuran out of the city and into space, starting with the ones in the control room. (this would work b/c we can beam through atlantis' shields)

6.) Beam a clean up team down to deactivate any lockdown

7.) Take the city back to lantia.

cool

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by XxDark-LordxX
                    guys guys... didnt u listen? drone through gate shield... take out shield generator... send emp thingy through... and go in with the distrupters and take out the rest... then we'd have hundreds of zpms and drones.... and we could help the MW

koll

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

the only reason they where able to beam through atlantis' shields is cuz they know the frequency. they don't know the asuran city frequency

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                        the only reason they where able to beam through atlantis' shields is cuz they know the frequency. they don't know the asuran city frequency
                        But would it really be that different from the shields of atlantis?

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

I don't think Atlantis should do anything until they learn more about this new race.

Comment

Um, all strategic considerations aside, how would this make us any different than the Genii? We'd be even worse, really, because the Asurans (as far as I understand from spoilers) built their own city and ZPMs--all that actually belongs to them. Maybe if they're just occupying an Ancient city, since they were clearly hostile with the Ancients...then it would be more like taking the city back from the Ancients' enemies.

And I guess if they tried to destory Atlantis we'd be justified in striking back. Even then, though, unless the city is Ancient and not built by the Asurans, and even if it were strategically feasible, I think trying to steal what isn't ours is morally dubious. Something like a ZPM is fine--it's not a weapon, it's just a glorified battery, and from the sound of it, they have plenty of them anyways. Plus, it's technology we're already familiar with, and in desperate need of.

I'm not sure why the idea of stealing bothers me more than blowing up hostile aliens. I guess it just seems too NID. It blurs the line, you know?

Comment

I'm going to go with getting the Asgard to upload a beam to shut off the Huminaids so we can fire it through the gate to their cityand then then go in and lout the place.
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                              X