Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did The Wraith defeat the Lantians??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and i love they idea of there being a higher more intelligent Wraith leadercounsil thing that is still asleep, that could have been responsable for their tech and knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Charmed One
      I mean... why fight if you don't intend to win,
      Just like to point out that people in our own history have fought a war, without the intention of winning, but merely as a means of forcing the oposition into a corner, where you can dictate terms.. For example the English Civil War

Comment

Originally posted by sean
        Just like to point out that people in our own history have fought a war, without the intention of winning, but merely as a means of forcing the oposition into a corner, where you can dictate terms.. For example the English Civil War
        True but if you are relating it to Wraith War then doesnt really apply since the Wraith fear starving a lot more then death. I think the Lanteans tried to force the Wraith in the corner to make peace terms but it didnt work out since it is mentioned that the Lanteans attempted to negotiate for peace with their most powerful warships present but the Wraith attacked.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

interesting but the question is how did the wraith come up with a fleet so fast did someone help them or did the lantians negoiate peace and didnt know the wraith were feeding on humans (doubt it)

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
            Wow...really interesting. Ouro...

Has anyone come up with the preconception that perhaps the Wraith were originally an entirely different species and that through the one hundred years of war and everything, the Wraith evolved because of the absorption of humans? Or that in order to compete with the bugs, they introduced wraith genes into them as a ploy, and when they evolved into the beings they were trying to destroy just took their ships instead?

We don't know what the Wraith looked like at the time, so is it possible that the Wraith could have had two evolutions?
            I've sometimes wondered when exactly the whole Irratus bug/Wraith evolution happened.

In other words is it possible that the ancients were already in pegasus at some point in the even more distant past before they went back there after the plague and found the Wraith.

This would mean that the Wraith weren't actually human/bug hybrids but actually millions of year old ancient/bug hybrids who'd grown to power in that forgotten little corner of the universe until the ancients decided to revisit it and got a nasty surprise.

While this is all totally made up on my part it would explain why their race is so psychic since humans and the bugs aren't but ancients are.

It also ties together them evolving from the bugs but also being discovered already "terrible and sleeping on a dark world" by the visiting ancients.

They are known to exist on at least two worlds, including the planet presently classified as the Wraith homeworld.
            Is this really true about the Irratus bugs?

If it is it could potentially mean they're not even native to Pegasus, (as in they didn't evolve there) and thus, neither are the Wraith. At the very least it means we hve no idea of knowing if we've seen the world they evolved on yet.

Bear with me as I run off here...

I always just assumed that the planet the visited later was the same one from Rising but I guess that's not possible with the space vs ground gate is it.

We might not have even seen the Wraith homeworld yet, or even a fraction of their civilization.

It's potentially even possible the Wraith brought the Irratus bugs with them from wherever they came from originally.

This could lead to some potentially very interesting things.

They could have lord knows how much more hiding out there somewhere in the void, or the andromeda galaxy Pegasus orbits. The Wraith we've seen so far might only be their civilization's equivalant of fronteersmen.

Oh lookit me and my crazy theories, I feal like Daniel Jackson

Comment

On the idea of Wraith evolving during the war and what their appearances were, we did see at least one member of the Wraith who was alive during the Siege of Atlantis. The Defiant One Wraith though arguably this was at the end of the war and the Wraith may have completed this 'evolution' by then.

IMO I don't think the Wraith were created by another race or enhanced or that they come from another galaxy but thats just me.

As for where the ships came from...well can't provide any theories on that currently. Hopefully next season will shed some light on this.

Also its quite possible that the Iratus Bug were spread out from their home world perhaps intentionally or perhaps unintentionally. I mean we could compare it to the Primordial Goa'uld but there is a huge difference between the Iratus bug and Goa'uld Symbiote in that the symbiote can only survive in water or in a host while the Iratus bug can go off without any trouble. Or the Wraith could have spread them so the iratus bugs would increase the Wraith population possibly but thats just speculation.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Wasn't there a SG-1 ep where there was a planet full of bugs? Maybe different bugs, have to see the ep again (looking for it at this moment)
                (edit)
                Found it!
                http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s2/210.shtml

look at the bug, looks similar?
                Last edited by wolverine_nl; 15 April 2006, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Bane. The civilisation there was similar to Earth in tech or a bit more advanced I think. They were all wiped out when the parasitic insects started stinging people whose bodies were used as hosts for the creatures young. Nasty things. That would be scary if those things evolved like the Iratus bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                    Bane. The civilisation there was similar to Earth in tech or a bit more advanced I think. They were all wiped out when the parasitic insects started stinging people whose bodies were used as hosts for the creatures young. Nasty things. That would be scary if those things evolved like the Iratus bug.
                    Yes, that would be, I just found their looks similair to that of the iratus bugs, maybe they are related, or TPTB got the idea for the Wraith from that bug and put a similar bug in Atlantis

Comment

Well we know from "Before I Sleep" that the Ancients and Wraith were fighting and where pretty evenly matched (the Ancients may have even had the upper hand) until the Wraith tricked the Ancients.

The Wraith claimed to want a peace conference and the Ancients being their peace loving selves sent a delegation accompanied by their most powerful ships. However it was really a trap the Wraith ambushed the Ancients and destroyed their fleet.

After that the Ancients were on the defensive - out matched by the Wraith, desperatly fighting but slowly losing ground, until all that was left was Atlantis and the Ancients gave up and abandoned Pegasus
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                        Well we know from "Before I Sleep" that the Ancients and Wraith were fighting and where pretty evenly matched (the Ancients may have even had the upper hand) until the Wraith tricked the Ancients.

The Wraith claimed to want a peace conference and the Ancients being their peace loving selves sent a delegation accompanied by their most powerful ships. However it was really a trap the Wraith ambushed the Ancients and destroyed their fleet.

After that the Ancients were on the defensive - out matched by the Wraith, desperatly fighting but slowly losing ground, until all that was left was Atlantis and the Ancients gave up and abandoned Pegasus
                        Well that sums it up nicely

Comment

Bane Bugs:

Iratus Bugs:
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                            Bane Bugs:

Iratus Bugs:
                            Ah thanks, yes they are different. Both pesky bugs though

Ontopic: I'm wondering why the lantians could be so naive to trust lifesucking aliens. Didn't the Ancients have an enemy before?? And I don't mean the Ori, i mean inbetween?

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl
                              Ontopic: I'm wondering why the lantians could be so naive to trust lifesucking aliens. Didn't the Ancients have an enemy before?? And I don't mean the Ori, i mean inbetween?
                              They were pacifistic scientists who believed that peace was the best option. I mean they knew they couldnt wipe out the Wraith and the Wraith would keep coming plus they didnt want to return to the MW galaxy so they decided to negotiate for peace.

Well as far as we know the list of enemies that the Ancients fought were the Ori then a very very long time later they fought the Wraith
                              Spoiler:
                              and created the Asurans who they attempted to exterminate.
                              beyond that no mention of any other enemies though presumably they would have faced something inbetween that time. Most likely in the MW galaxy but thats speculation.

The cancelled Stargate Alliance game did have a hostile race in the MW galaxy which the Ancients locked up in another dimension but don't think thats canon and since the game is cancelled not much can be said about them.

Comment

I know this post hasnt seen a reply in ages but i wanted to start it up again to see what else we have found out about stargate atlantis.

I still wonder how they defeated the Ancients if the ancients found them on a planet sleeping. I also want to find out that if the ancients kept destroying the wraiths ships more just kept coming so where do they build/grow them? and why have they stopped at 61 hive ships (if i am wrong i am sorry).

i still need questions answers.

Comment

Working...
                                X