This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep
    The best alpha site there could ever be is the tower...its identical in size, shape, technology and power to atlantis. and its already setup as a fortification against the wraith.
    If we need to evac we take the ZPM's we have, the 8th cheveron cryst el, as much of the medical,weapon,ammo, as we can and load them in to the PJ's, and fly through to a brand new atlantis.
    with enough work and money, we could potentially have both atlantis and the tower city as functional alteran captial ships. heck if we find enough ZPM's we can send atlnatis to earth, back to the outpost, power up the tower fully and restore it and use that as atlantisB permenantly in secret from the wraith.
    Just Firstly the Daedalus is loaded with Armourys full of weapons like the Prometheus was and if they had the fill things up with weapons medical supplys etc: why not use the PJs, Orion, Daedalus, the squad of 14 f302's to transport stuff or just send the stuff through the STARGATE... P.S the outpost city that was as big as Atlantis had earthquakes and the city was prone to structure coullaspe if you forgot that and the other outpost where they got the orion was destoryed by LAVA for an ACTIVE VOLCANO...

P.S the your location immhotep "flying over the lost city in my F-303" is false the F303 was the Prometheus ship design unless you are flying a destoryed ship. you would be flying in an F302
    Scifi Channel President Should Jump off a cliff

Comment

I'ts to bad McKay can't Take the Culling beam from a Dart, and modifiy it to take larger objects, them all they would need to do i choose where they want the Tower.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Melton
        I'ts to bad McKay can't Take the Culling beam from a Dart, and modifiy it to take larger objects, them all they would need to do i choose where they want the Tower.
        thats true but i think it would be like a bit more safe my way because Mckay doesn't know all there is about Ancient tech Let Alone Wraith tech remember the Secret Virues deleted all the info that the wraith sent them so as a conclusion
        it was hard enough to get rodney out the first time let alone losing an entire team by using unstable at best tech
        Scifi Channel President Should Jump off a cliff

Comment

I suppose you'r right, it was only a idea.

Comment

Originally posted by stargaters
            Just Firstly the Daedalus is loaded with Armourys full of weapons like the Prometheus was and if they had the fill things up with weapons medical supplys etc: why not use the PJs, Orion, Daedalus, the squad of 14 f302's to transport stuff or just send the stuff through the STARGATE... P.S the outpost city that was as big as Atlantis had earthquakes and the city was prone to structure coullaspe if you forgot that and the other outpost where they got the orion was destoryed by LAVA for an ACTIVE VOLCANO...

P.S the your location immhotep "flying over the lost city in my F-303" is false the F303 was the Prometheus ship design unless you are flying a destoryed ship. you would be flying in an F302
            lol its a gw joke. a while ago i deisnged the next generation of fighters named the F-303, its been a thing of mine for about 6months...so no i wouldnt be flying over with an F-302.
            also the outpost city was destroys thats clear.
            but earth has structural engineers that may be able to stablise the city, and if all else fails then we can dig the city out and it would be better off...im the earthquakes are not quakes just tremmors cause by thre weight of the soil on the city.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

It would be one hell of a project, but with a bit of luck, the asgurd transporters would make excuvating the city quite easy. Then stabelising the city would probably be the hardest part, I doubt whether we would ever be able to fly atlantis b home again it just seem to be to damage to me.

I think with the resources we have currently have It would be good to perhaps to have the alpha site base of on a different site to the tower and have the tower as the beta site and long term have it as the base for the team, while the first atlantis is flown home to be research by the rest of the human race,

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                It would be one hell of a project, but with a bit of luck, the asgurd transporters would make excuvating the city quite easy. Then stabelising the city would probably be the hardest part, I doubt whether we would ever be able to fly atlantis b home again it just seem to be to damage to me.

I think with the resources we have currently have It would be good to perhaps to have the alpha site base of on a different site to the tower and have the tower as the beta site and long term have it as the base for the team, while the first atlantis is flown home to be research by the rest of the human race,
                We all agree the Tower would be cool to get up and running again

I just think its a long term goal - in the short term (next couple of years) a smaller alpha site would be easier to make
                sigpic

Comment

There's also the fact that we destroyed the civilization of the people in The Tower. They are no longer "Nobles" because of their blood. As such, there may be a rebellion on the planet to destroy the nobles. (Think French Revolution). If that happens, and most everyone is destroyed... leaving only the villagers, then maybe excavating the sister city might work by forming an alliance with the villagers. However, we would need the Daedalus to go back to Earth and come back with archeologists and bulldozers. I think I read somewhere that Daniel gets his chance to visit Atlantis in Season 10 so we can look forward to that.

However, the sister city is mostly destroyed. We saw McKay and that guy get trapped beneath the city. Most of the spires of the sister city are probably destroyed. What we excavate will not look like Atlantis anymore. Therefore, the Wraith fighting 2 Atlantis's is unlikely. maybe 1.5 Atlantis's.
                  Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I didnt say this would be easy or short term but 2 atlantis's, 1.5 atlantis is still better than anythin we have on earth...if the city has a sheild, and engine and drones, then theveything else is secondary...
                    The city is the closest thing to a ready made capital ship we will get for along time...area 51 are like experts at repairing and refitting ships by now. if we set up area 53 on the tower planet, they could have access to asgard beaming technology by simply having it as a stationary platform rather than on a ship.
                    power at the begining can be given by naquadah generators like atlantis had been. we may not ever get it back to earth but we can setup the planet to be a conventional alpha site around the gate while working on the city. then if we find enough ZPM's or have to evacuate atlantis and bring her ones we can scale up the restoration to full.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    11000! green me

Comment

I didnt say this would be easy or short term but 2 atlantis's, 1.5 atlantis is still better than anythin we have on earth...if the city has a sheild, and engine and drones, then theveything else is secondary...
                      The city is the closest thing to a ready made capital ship we will get for along time...area 51 are like experts at repairing and refitting ships by now. if we set up area 53 on the tower planet, they could have access to asgard beaming technology by simply having it as a stationary platform rather than on a ship.
                      power at the begining can be given by naquadah generators like atlantis had been. we may not ever get it back to earth but we can setup the planet to be a conventional alpha site around the gate while working on the city. then if we find enough ZPM's or have to evacuate atlantis and bring her ones we can scale up the restoration to full.
                      You do realize that there's more and more people getting involved in the Stargate project that eventually someone will get drunk and slip up and the world will know, right?

Second, we will have to make sure the locals actually let us excavate the city too. The "nobles" still live there, ya know. unless there is a revolution or the planet is culled. I hope the planet is culled. Then we can use it.
                      Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

you actually think anyone of that planet will mind, they gave us all the drones they have in exchange for food... if we set up a canteen thier in exchange for the catacombs i dont think they will care, as to the nobles, black mails them, bribe them, its another atlantis give them c4 who cares!
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

you actually think anyone of that planet will mind, they gave us all the drones they have in exchange for food... if we set up a canteen thier in exchange for the catacombs i dont think they will care, as to the nobles, black mails them, bribe them, its another atlantis give them c4 who cares!
                          the villagers will probably not mind but the nobles might. And why give them C4? They're not the Genii -.-'

Comment

i know but who knows they might be genii spies! no but they will wnat something better, maybe quarters in atlantis or something might do..
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

i know but who knows they might be genii spies! no but they will wnat something better, maybe quarters in atlantis or something might do..
                              -.-' The Genii are under new leadership. We won't be having trouble with them any time soon.

Comment

If the ancients did have more cities, we will have them on record somewhere, being that atlnatis was the centre of the alteran domain, it seems likely something like a map of the main cities would be in the database somewhere.
                                The ancient database isnt what we once thought it was.

Best Stargate quote:
                                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                                Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X