Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best alpha site there could ever be is the tower...its identical in size, shape, technology and power to atlantis. and its already setup as a fortification against the wraith.
    If we need to evac we take the ZPM's we have, the 8th cheveron cryst el, as much of the medical,weapon,ammo, as we can and load them in to the PJ's, and fly through to a brand new atlantis.
    with enough work and money, we could potentially have both atlantis and the tower city as functional alteran captial ships. heck if we find enough ZPM's we can send atlnatis to earth, back to the outpost, power up the tower fully and restore it and use that as atlantisB permenantly in secret from the wraith.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
      The best alpha site there could ever be is the tower...its identical in size, shape, technology and power to atlantis. and its already setup as a fortification against the wraith.
      If we need to evac we take the ZPM's we have, the 8th cheveron cryst el, as much of the medical,weapon,ammo, as we can and load them in to the PJ's, and fly through to a brand new atlantis.
      with enough work and money, we could potentially have both atlantis and the tower city as functional alteran captial ships. heck if we find enough ZPM's we can send atlnatis to earth, back to the outpost, power up the tower fully and restore it and use that as atlantisB permenantly in secret from the wraith.
      I dont think anyone else on this forum could have thought of that immhotep. That is an awesome idea.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

There was actually a post somewhere in the forum about flying the city back to Earth and I think it would be a bad idea personally because the whole objective of the mission to Atlantis was to explore a new galaxy and find new tech, etc. and by taking Atlantis to Earth they would be able to explore the city yes but it wouldnt be the same plus there would be no Atlantis.

As for using the other city, yeah its a good idea but I dont think the people that live on that planet will like us taking over their protection from the Wraith. There must be more cities like that in the PG, there has to be

Comment

weve already taken their protection...we depleted the ZPM, the tower is actually useless, its literally just a building, if we decided to turn it in to the 2nd most fortified place in the galaxy i doubt they would mind.
          If the ancients did have more cities, we will have them on record somewhere, being that atlnatis was the centre of the alteran domain, it seems likely something like a map of the main cities would be in the database somewhere.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

I don't think the Tower is that great. After all, if the Wraith do come, we'll be defenseless without another ZPM. I think it should be like the SG1 alpha site. A site that's built in a mountain. The Wraith can't exactly detect people inside a mountain can they?
            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

what? you would prefer to see the AE hide inside a glorified cave when another atlantis that has been functioning for over 300years is sitting in a state that is perfectly habitable with a little hard craft/nifty beaming tech...
              Our ZPM fitted in to that city might bring it back to life, if the deadalus can beam away the hillside, or better yet beam the city to the surface or space. ( we know the prommie can beam massive structures so i think it might be possible).

If they can recover another ZPM for atlantis, and then get another ZPM i wouldnt put it in to atlantis i would try and resurrect the sister city of atlantis, we need a name! olypmus ( im christening the tower olympus in my eyes!)
              imagine having 2 atlantis's. i know the show would be able to cope, it wouldnt draw the focus away from atlantis, becuase atlantis is the only city that has the database. also the city might not even be complete, whihc is IMO better because it would allow us to study ancient building, so we repair, possibly even built new atlantis's.
              im think that all of this wouldnt happen to like S6 but its very plausable that mkcay would think about olympus as an alpha site when all of the military would just assume that they need 'another SGC in a mountain'
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

Building the Alpha Site in the Tower is a good idea, but from what i hear the Stargate isn't in the Tower like at Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Melton
                  Building the Alpha Site in the Tower is a good idea, but from what i hear the Stargate isn't in the Tower like at Atlantis.
                  Plus there's the fact that the place is falling apart, remeber all those earth quakes
                  sigpic

Comment

relocate the stargate, not a massive job... or just build a facility that links the two/ does it really matter...put an iris on the thing and it wouldnt matter if the jumper to fly the xtra half a mile to the gate.
                    Structural integrity. we can reinforce buildings here on earth, if we put a little TLC in to the tower we could dig away the entire hill, freeing up the pressure causing the earthquakes, reinforce where needed, and if we have to keep the interial dampners on low power permentantly to counteract and forces on the tower. Olypmus is quite possible and i dont think that there could ever be a better betasite in the PG other than another lantian citidel. which the tower is just in a little bit of a mess.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Thats a massive job, the tower is a city, or atleast sits on top a ruined one, the 'catacombs' are dangerously unstable turning a light on can trigger an earthquake, all that construstion could cause a massive earthquake undermining the foundations, bringing down the tower

Theres also the fact that many of the systems are terribly damaged, and the city doesn't have a ZPM anymore. The place is way beyond earths present ability to restore

Personally I'd be more inclined to sabotage whats left of the city to keep it out of the hands of the Wraith

Anyway if I was building an Alpha site I'd build one like the Genie, deep underground and shielded from Wraith scans. A safe refuge in times of trouble
                      sigpic

Comment

They would have to use the Deady to transport bulding matirals from Earth to the Alpha Site.

Comment

1. The tower, that the Prommie beamed, was on top Earth with no underground layers. That was an easy task.

2. Atlantis, and its sister cityn are the Size of Manhattan each. You expect the Daedalus to be able to beam a structure that big from below the surface to above it? You must be crazy. The Daedalus can only beam people and inanimate objects with locator beacons on them. I don't think you can attach a locator beacon on soil and beam away the soil

3. You could move the stargate sideways on top of the soil and open a wormhole and remove the soil but there is no knowing how deep the city is buried from the surface.
                          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

asgard beaming technolgy is very adaptable, it was used to do surgery for god sake! we could excavate the tower, its not impossible, it would involve bringing some large earth movers from earth on the deadalus though. ya know the things they used in like mining and stuff.
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Regardless its a massive project 1000s of tonnes of equipment, hundreds of personal, billons of dollars, god knows how many trips by the Daedalus carrying all this stuff

Thas not mentioning that all this activity makes the site vunerable and un like Atlantis the site won't have a cloak
                              sigpic

Comment

but the reward is worth anything, we would be i possesson of two atlantis's. not one atlnatis, which is by far the greatest endevour huamn kind has ventured in to since opening the gate but TWO.
                                imagine the look on the wraith's face, after alot of work and alot of ZPM searching, when the humans from the tauri, take two atlantis superships, the orion, deadalus, odessey, and whatever ships we have and attack with full force. they wouldnt stand a chance, imagine if we could say that they new capital of earths defence was an atlantis city in antartica.
                                The power and respect we owuld get from owning both surviving lantian citidels. We would become the true decentants and replacers of the alterans, and we would deserve it. The ori facing two atlantis's would be awesome to watch and if we lose with two atlantis's then we have no chance of ever defeating them. This could be a S4,or 5 storyline but its a storyline that would place us far ahead of any other race alive today.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X