• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    In Critical Mass
    Spoiler:
    Caldwell is a Goa'uld
    oooh! I did say the Atlantis expedition (the original one );
    how they crap did he get one?
    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
      I have absolutely no idea
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
        Spoiler:
        I've only read a brief spoiler, but is he actually a Goa'uld? I was wondering if he'd possibly been brainwashed like Martouf was... a za'tarc perhaps?
        sum ergo cogitum
        I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
          Spoiler:
          I've only read a brief spoiler, but is he actually a Goa'uld? I was wondering if he'd possibly been brainwashed like Martouf was... a za'tarc perhaps?
          Yes
          Spoiler:
          Caldwell is a Goa'uld
          , if you read the spoiler on New Atlantis you will see. There is alsp an episode where he comes back and is unsure of himself
          Last edited by The Signal; 03 December 2005, 07:09 AM.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Hmmm...I'm immediately reminded of BSG and the "who's a cylon" game...

Comment

Well...you will see a Goa'uld in Critical Mass...and it sort of one of the main characters...so you got your plot Shiva

Comment

Does anyone think that the Wraith in the Milky Way are not as big a threat. Since the Milky Way is full of various species all with a lot of technology and the Wraith lack any presence in the galaxy and were from a small galaxy with relatively few species I think that they would become a threat but not as big as they were in Pegasus if only because they lack the intelligence on the galaxy and its species. They would become one of the numerous threats that the Milky Way and Earth face but not the central one since there are so many other players many with high levels of technology.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                  Well...you will see a Goa'uld in Critical Mass...and it sort of one of the main characters...so you got your plot Shiva
                  Can't wait to watch it! I've been after a Goa'uld on some team for quite some time, but from what it sounds like the Goa'uld won't be in the host very long from its discovery...

Comment

Originally posted by rhade
                    Does anyone think that the Wraith in the Milky Way are not as big a threat. Since the Milky Way is full of various species all with a lot of technology and the Wraith lack any presence in the galaxy and were from a small galaxy with relatively few species I think that they would become a threat but not as big as they were in Pegasus if only because they lack the intelligence on the galaxy and its species. They would become one of the numerous threats that the Milky Way and Earth face but not the central one since there are so many other players many with high levels of technology.
                    The problem with the Wraith in the Milky Way is that they're only interested in the humans-for-food program, and many of the other races in the Milky Way either do not have the capability to help Earth or are not inclined to do so.

Comment

I could be wrong...but I don't think any of the episodes have given much evidence that the Wraith would have more numbers than the military forces of the Milky Way. They had more numbers than the Ancients in the Pegasus Galaxy...but we haven’t seen just how many or few the Ancient army had.

Though based on episodes from both shows, the Wraith had to have a hugely massive force, as Anubis’ ship took out all those Goa’uld mother ships with just a little Ancient enhancement...but it would be nice if there was a least some hint as to the actual size of either fleet, as it would go a long way to showing the true power and potential of both races.

Comment

Numbers wouldn't matter if no one was interested in helping out Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by rhade
                          They defeated the Ancients even if they had greater numbers

Ancient knowledge defeated the replicators like that (snaps fingers). The replicators were the biggest threat the Milky Way had seen in millenia. They rampaged and no one could stop

Obviously if the Ancients could have just wiped out the replicators so easily but the Wraith beat them the Wraith are a big threat.

Anyway the MW is full of Humans for the Wraith to feed on, there are untold BILLONS throughout the galaxy, and Jaffa are basically mutated humans
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                            Obviously if the Ancients could have just wiped out the replicators so easily but the Wraith beat them the Wraith are a big threat.

Anyway the MW is full of Humans for the Wraith to feed on, there are untold BILLONS throughout the galaxy, and Jaffa are basically mutated humans
                            Not really... if it took the Wraith 3 episodes to try to take a Tau'ri-controlled Atlantis... and LOSE, they aren't that badass.

Comment

But Earth does not have a shield and neither do most of the MW planets. It would be highly amusing if the Earthers had to go to Ba'al and ask for help. He's good with shield-y toys.

Comment

Atlantis didn't overpower the Wraith though, they tricked them

1st hive was destroyed by repairing a defence satellite while making it still appear like a wreck. Then Grodin waited until the Wraith got close and then blasted a Hive

2nd Hive was destroyed by using a cloaked jumper

3rd Hive was destroyed by using the beaming tech, which the wraith quickly adapted to

You can't keep using the same tricks over and over again, the beaming tech for example...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X