No announcement yet.

Allies (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah...there were definitely some bad decisions made by Weir and company but overall I enjoyed the episode a lot.

McKay, who actually annoyed me last week, was perfect this week.

The Wraith have come a long way from the screeching OTT wraith in Rising. I'm enjoying them more and more.

Too bad Mr. Trineer wasn't available but I thought Brent Stait did a nice job.

I liked McKay and Ronon getting trapped on the wraith hive ship - that's a duo that doesn't get a lot of play. The cliffhanger factor of "oh my gosh, they're heading to Earth" wasn't that exciting but all in all it was a pretty good episode. The supporting characters continue to shine on this show as Zelenka and Beckett had some nice moments.
    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Um why would the wraith even bother coming to earth? Their ships dont even have shields? We all know asgard ships are far superior and without shields I bet the gould mother ships could clean 2 hive ships up with relative ease,and since they know where earth is now and are going there, shouldnt they also know that they wont last very long in our galaxy consitering the fact that there would be vast numbers of ships that could destroy them unlike in pegasus galaxy where they pretty much kill everything uncontested?
      SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Yeah, the Zelenka/Beckett interaction was a nice surprise. Although those two characters seem to play well off of anyone, so putting them together was just perfect. Not as good as the Zelenka/McKay stuff, maybe, but still pretty cool to watch.

Comment

Buh..

I was thinking the 'Wraithe civil war' thing was interesting, and the alliance was making the wraithe interesting for the first time. But inside I knew. 'The wraithe are the bad guys, and thus, no wraithe will ever keep their word for anything'.

The wraithe were pretending to be three dimensional, interesting villains, in a scheme to do the one dimensional, predictable, boring thing.

Have the Stargate producers just resigned to never doing anything original, and never turning the episode away from the obvious, predictable course?

These season finales brought me 80% closer to considering Moebius the last episode of Stargate.

Comment

I rarely post but I just had to comment on this episode. I thought it was low action for a finale, but definitely interesting.

To have McKay make so many mistakes this season and then end it with this ultimate one is great. I just hope they keep playing off of it and don't just let his feelings over the situation drop.

I was also happy to see Ronon protecting Rodney. It will definitely be entertaining to see their escape.

What I loved was that they had no choice from the beginning. The Wraith had them trapped between a rock and a hard place and there was no good decision they could make. Everyone keeps saying that the Atlanteans were being stupid, but I think they realized that things could blow up at any time. They just had no other choice. They didn't realize the ultimate goal, but they did know if they didn't go along with the Wraith than they would all be destroyed.
            Last edited by Tazmy; 10 March 2006, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Yah I agree with the people who talked about the Atlanteans stupidity. Being stupid to advance a story.

So far I think Season 1 is still a lot better then season 2. Season 1 was really good but for season 2 its turning a bit stale already. Which really sucks because that didnt happen to SG1 until at least halfway through season 6.

Anyways on to the ep.

Didnt they say all the Wraith stuff would be on non-networked firewalled computers? You would think they would have enough common sense to do that.

You would think they would realize something is up by how stupid the Wraith are. Really, did they really need the humans help to find something to distrubute the gas?
              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Um why would the wraith even bother coming to earth? Their ships dont even have shields? We all know asgard ships are far superior and without shields I bet the gould mother ships could clean 2 hive ships up with relative ease,and since they know where earth is now and are going there, shouldnt they also know that they wont last very long in our galaxy consitering the fact that there would be vast numbers of ships that could destroy them unlike in pegasus galaxy where they pretty much kill everything uncontested?
                SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

There are a few ways this could go:

1. If the Wraith show up in the Milky Way, they would not give a cr4p about the Ori because a human "converting" to the Ori faith does not affect the Wraith food supply. In other words, the Wraith can still eat Ori followers.

2. OTOH, since the Ori have far superior mastery of the 'secrets of the Universe', they should be able to defend themselves (and their followers) from the Wraith. They could probably cook up some germ to infect the wraith (they seem to be good at that sort of thing). If this is the kind of scenario that develops, then it might turn into a race between the Ori and the Wraith to either convert or eat humans. In this case, the Wraith would probably also seek to destroy the Ori and secure their food supply.

3. We don't know if the Ori only care about converting humans or not, but it makes sense that they are really only concerned with converting humans because as far as we know, only humans and Goa'ould can ascend, which is their ultimate goal. If this is the case, then the Ori won't care about the Wraith as a direct threat, but would care that they would eat humans that could otherwise be converted, in which case they could defend the humans.

4. We also know that there are still some weakened Goa'ould around. What a dang nasty bugger would a Goa'ould inside a Wraith be???? YUCK! That would be one heck of an enemy.

5. We also still have to worry about McKay and Ronin. Its not the style of the SG writers to just let the main characters die, so 301 or 302 will probably feature some sort of miraculous rescue or some sort of snafu in the Wraith plan that allow them to escape the Hive ship. I predict that the Asgard dude get sthe beaming technology to work, which would allow them to extract McKay and Ronin and still allow some crazy fun storyline to develop.

Chances are, they will probably come up with something totally different. :-)

Comment

Why is everyone so convinced that the Wraith ships are all ready to get to Earth? They've just now got the information from the Aurora, there really hasn't been time for any upgrades to have occured. And while, yes, I'll buy into a virus/worm being overlooked, I won't buy Rodney not noticing that the Wraith engines magically now have extended hyper-drive capabilities.

IMHO, the Wraith are keeping Rodney alive in case they need him to help make the upgrades to their engines. I mean, really, if he's of no further use, they would not keep him around. As for Ronan, he's a bargining chip. A -"If you don't fix our engines, we'll kill Chewie." - sort of thing.

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

Talk about inconsistencies...the Daedulus' shield could barely handle an assault from 1 wraith hive ship???????

It stood up to 1 hive, 2-3 cruisers, and a waive of darts when it first reached Atlantis the first time without any issues....and it was NOT using a ZPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
                        Why is everyone so convinced that the Wraith ships are all ready to get to Earth? They've just now got the information from the Aurora, there really hasn't been time for any upgrades to have occured. And while, yes, I'll buy into a virus/worm being overlooked, I won't buy Rodney not noticing that the Wraith engines magically now have extended hyper-drive capabilities.

IMHO, the Wraith are keeping Rodney alive in case they need him to help make the upgrades to their engines. I mean, really, if he's of no further use, they would not keep him around. As for Ronan, he's a bargining chip. A -"If you don't fix our engines, we'll kill Chewie." - sort of thing.

And you've just answered your question...if there is no Hail Mary situation that occurs the Wraith use Rodney, with Chewie's life on the line as a bargaining chip, to fix any problems along the way.

And the Wraith along with Chewie/McKay and possibly John, they can make it to the Milky Way Galaxy and Earth. Of course Weir or Caldwell should alert the earth SG-1 people about what might happen and to be prepared for a battle on their hands...

Otherwise we're blooody doomed...I wonder what continent they'll go to first... I'm thinking they'd tie between China and India for the most in life force...but they might do US first since they pose the most technological military threat...underestimating the French and Germans...

This could get interesting. But we might win since they'd be unprepared for tv and the picture box when they go on ground. Not to mention that I think their stun guns will not work on crack addicts, or any druggies for that reason. Oh man, tey might not be edible though, and then our lives will be in their hands.

VB
                        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I don't think they have any idea about the asgard. As of now it seems like all they can focus on is getting to earth one way or another.

The virus they have only probed the worlds in the Atl database and the Aurora reports. Other than that they haven't learned about the other races in our galaxy, they never really questioned us about it, they just wanted to know how many humans were here. Hell, I don't think they've even been outside the Pegasus galaxy so they probably have no idea what they are in for.

Comment

They're not the most intelligent of bad guys, and appear quite arrogant. This doesn't really seem like an out of character decision. Plus, how are they to know about the asguard and their strength?

I'm pretty sure a hive ship has a shield on it, although I can't remember an exact scene with it.

If the asguard weren't there, I'd say they'd have a pretty damn good chance against just the oddsey.

Comment

LOL!

More target practice for the Ori ships if those Hives manage to get here. The Wraith thinks their Hives are all big and bad.... well, the Ha'Taks can swarm them and destroy them. While the Ori ships which are as big, if not bigger... can obliterate a Hive in 1 shot.
                              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Nah, the Ori ships will just annihilate the Hives, that is IF the Hives reach the Milky Way.
                                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Working...
                                X