Inferno (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ichigo View Post
    I love the bit when Mckay, and Shepperd were fighting over the ships name. And Shepperd says 'No, we're not calling it the Enterprise". And i just watched the ep. where Jack and Sam were arguing about the name of Prometheus.

The original name Sucked. I would hate to have that name,(i forget it) even if you got your name on a ship.
    I just saw this episode for the 1st time yesterday!

I still don't understand why couldn't they call it the Enterprise in the story.
    (I don't mean the obvious copyright reasons, but that's an out-of-story reason). In real life, the first space Shuttle was named Enterprise, after all..

Sorry if the answer is burried on the dozens of pages of posts.. It's hard when we have so much to catch up on episode viewing, and limited time to read every forum pages.

There is something I was wondering too.
    Why didn't the Daedalus drop people on the closest suitable planet, and come back to take the rest of the people, instead of taking the long trip to Atlantis? Then they'll have all the time they want to transfer people.. or maybe even let them stay on this new planet..

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      I don't understand why we can't ever see an upper middle-aged woman (50+) in an important guest role, that is otherwise ALWAYS occupied by the hot young blonde. Or do scientists stop being scientists when they reach 35? Honestly, I'd rather see how Mckay and Shep, etc. interact with a female guest, no "sexual tension" or attraction involved.
      I was going to write something like that, but then i saw your post!
      It's indeed becoming boring to have unrealistic top-model-type-american-actresses on almost every episode.. especially to play a scientist. I could accept a beautiful woman to play a goauld, since they are chosen greatly for their appearence.
      I don't know if any of you work or study in a scientific field, but this is so far from reality! (except maybe in bilological sciences)...
      sighs...
      Anyway, it slowly makes me believe my theory that all what is happening on Atlantis is just a long dream by Sheppard (or McKay)..

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
        There is something I was wondering too.
        Why didn't the Daedalus drop people on the closest suitable planet, and come back to take the rest of the people, instead of taking the long trip to Atlantis? Then they'll have all the time they want to transfer people.. or maybe even let them stay on this new planet..
        Maybe they did not know of any..

actuall one thing i would love to see... Oddessy like ships actually having a stargate inside. So they can use it to travel if they need to get assistance (eg drive down)..

Comment

I just watched the episode yesterday! I know, sounds a little lame, but my friend just let me borrow the dvd. Did anyone notice that it looks similar to the Discovery Channel movie "Super Volcano"? The same situations were there and the Chancellor acted in the original movie as the governor. I think they thought the idea was so cool that they decided to "Atlantify" it. What do you think?
          I am NOT slashing these two!!
          sigpic
          beautiful pic made by Luciana

Comment

Someone should go back and check. It just aired on Ch 7 in Australia

On the Daedalus Bridge, the crew cheer and shake each other's hands. In the background I heard one of the crewman say "Good Job! Leeroy"

Which is a direct reference to WoW/World of Warcraft and the gaming famous leeroy jenkins.
            Here a link to the video reference (not stargate). You hear it at the end
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU
            Last edited by thetron; 07 June 2007, 06:53 AM.

Comment

I had a small problem with the molten pit the stargate fell into - why did the pit not erupt, or at least start to flow? It seemed to appear just to swallow the stargate *cough*.

Comment

The way i understand it, when a supervolcano starts to go up, it releases steam and lava from all around, not just in one spot. Remmeber by this time we had seen many vents open up and there were spigots of lava coming up..

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  I don't understand why we can't ever see an upper middle-aged woman (50+) in an important guest role, that is otherwise ALWAYS occupied by the hot young blonde. Or do scientists stop being scientists when they reach 35? Honestly, I'd rather see how Mckay and Shep, etc. interact with a female guest, no "sexual tension" or attraction involved.
                  They sorta did, in the SG-1 episode "Prisoners". Bonnie Bartlett was an important guest role for that episode, and she was certainly over 50 (actually she's 78 now). For Knight Rider fans, she's the wife of William Daniels (who voiced KITT). Of course, she sort of became an antagonist by the end of an episode, but she was an interesting character.
                  Last edited by Akai; 19 July 2007, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by placid View Post
                    I had a small problem with the molten pit the stargate fell into - why did the pit not erupt, or at least start to flow? It seemed to appear just to swallow the stargate *cough*.
                    Of course I don't have any more intel than you do but I would imagine that underneath the Stargate there was no eruption pit but "simply" an underground flow of lava that practically melted the ground on which the stargate stood; therefore, it merely swollowed the Stargate and did nothing else. Just a thought.
                    Last edited by twinchaosblade; 22 July 2007, 10:13 PM. Reason: I thought my sig was a bit spoilery for season two
                    twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                    sigpic

Comment

That's a good reason. It could've simply been a slight "bump in the road" for a lava tube feeding/leaving the magma chamber beneath the supervolcano.

Comment

Originally posted by Akai View Post
                        They sorta did, in the SG-1 episode "Prisoners". Bonnie Bartlett was an important guest role for that episode, and she was certainly over 50 (actually she's 78 now). For Knight Rider fans, she's the wife of William Daniels (who voiced KITT). Of course, she sort of became an antagonist by the end of an episode, but she was an interesting character.
                        Yes.....that makes two (including Catherine Langford) out of what? 270+ episodes?

Hot Young Lady Scientist Syndrome needs to end.

Comment

And didn't the actress who played the scientist from inferno also play a tok'ra on SG-1? Because when i first saw it I thought that she was still a tok'ra but then I discovered that it was a different character. I would say more but I don't know anything about that actress - does anyone know more?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaapaai993 View Post
                            And didn't the actress who played the scientist from inferno also play a tok'ra on SG-1? Because when i first saw it I thought that she was still a tok'ra but then I discovered that it was a different character. I would say more but I don't know anything about that actress - does anyone know more?

Indeed. Brandy Ledford (that's her name) was the Tok'Ra Zaren in SG1 season 8 "End Game". She was the one pretending to be a Goa'uld lord.

And according to http://www.tv.com/brandy-ledford/per...21/trivia.html she is a science fiction fan, and was looking forward to playing in Stargate, but was disappointed she didn't get to play with Richard Dean Anderson...

Very good catch Chaapaai993!!

PS. interesting to note Patrick Gallagher (Vonos, the guy who wanted to try his luck outside despite of the volcano smoke) previously played a Jaffa Commander in the Stargate SG-1 episode Abyss (6x06)

In this episode, I was also surprised by the character of the Chancellor Lycus. I thought he would be much more a pain in the mikta , especially when he arrived on Atlantis and the gate shup behind him. But in the end, he was reasonable..
                            Last edited by Arga; 24 July 2007, 11:58 AM. Reason: Vonos

Comment

Good catches on both of those..

Comment

I have a problem with this episode. It's too unconsistent, IMO.

The boys, Shep and McKay, run around the alien female as if they were 16 year old, and there is no plot actually. As if the whole story was the mean to introduce a new ancient warship. We don't know anything about the Teranians (I'm not sure that's the spelling) except that they were stupid enough to turn off the alarms when they appeared on the ancient consoles (???).
                                The only ones that I liked in this ep were Ronon, Teyla and Elizabeth; they kept a clear mind.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X