No announcement yet.

Michael (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the only one taking those pills is Weir. When they discussed about integrating Michael into Atlantis, Sheppard is against it and she turns and asks the psychiatrist who in turn says it would be a great idea. Did the same thing later with Beckett and Sheppard. Why even bother to ask anyone in the military. OH... it must not be military situation yet.

Comment

Originally posted by donniepw
      Seems to me the only one who was thinking straight was Ronan. Who in the world actually thought bringing a wraith to Atlantis was a good idea? What's next? How about we bring a wraith through the gate to the SGC and inplant him with a Goa'uld and see if we can't all be friends. To me the biggest problem with this episode is that all the main characters with the exception of Ronan and maybe Teyla seemed to take leave of their senses. Wier and Beckett really seemed out of character in this episode. Now we are practically right back where we were this point in season one, the wraith are comming, again. Just seems a bit soon to revisit this particular plot line.
      I was thinking that too. And if you were really going to do this why have him walk around the place or think he is part of the team. I say keep him locked up and see if it really work 100%.
      "Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

For someone who couldn't even remember who he is supposed to be, Michael certainly had a strong moral compass. He could easily recognize that the testing was ethically questionable at best, and he knew that as a human he wasn't supposed to be feeling the unexplained aggression. I was torn between being impressed with Michael's rapid emotional maturation or feeling that the writers had given him too many "human" beliefs.
        SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
          For someone who couldn't even remember who he is supposed to be, Michael certainly had a strong moral compass. He could easily recognize that the testing was ethically questionable at best, and he knew that as a human he wasn't supposed to be feeling the unexplained aggression. I was torn between being impressed with Michael's rapid emotional maturation or feeling that the writers had given him too many "human" beliefs.
          Oh, great point!

I can't read everything here, so if I am repeating what others wrote..forgive me!

Overall, the episode was a good story with good action and great characterizations for some of the characters that are sometimes ignored...
          I for one, liked the idea of Rodney not shining in this one..and even Sheppard kind of stood on the sideline...
          For me, this episode was about Michael and a lot about Teyla...Now, I did mention this in another thread...Yes, I know the episode is titled, Michael...but I thought it was too much about Michael.....Now, I know that he is supposed to be significant in Allies, so that might have to do with it..but for now, it raised more questions than answers....

For example, how did Michael sense Teyla so quickly...do they have the same scent..? or was it because Teyla was trying to tap into his mind...?or what?

Another thing, how come everytime we see that Teyla is going to be fed, she is rescued before they can do anything to her...I wonder if perhaps Teyla is like Ronon, impenetrable to the Wraith...

I love Ronon in this one...he was the only one that knew and was able to call it as it is..Once a Wraith always a Wraith....and what does this mean for Teyla...could Teyla have a higher form of Wraith gene similar to how Sheppard has a higher form of Ancient gene than others...? what does this mean for her? is she using her capabilities to her fullest.? can the Wraith manipulate her so easily like Michael did?

What is happening to Weir? I mean I know she is supposed to be turning dark, but my goodness..she has changed dramatically...why?

Overall, I felt for Beckett and Teyla...both caught in the middle of trying to do something good for others, but sacrificing their own personal beliefs in the process....

Heitmeigher...I was not pleased with her performance in this one...I don't know she just didn't come off as convincing as she did in the Gift...

And, Well..Michael and the actor portraying his character was really phenominal..in my view, he stole the show!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raiyen
            ... she turns and asks the psychiatrist who in turn says it would be a great idea...
            *runs in* Heightmeyer's a psychologist, not a psychiatrist. *runs back out*
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

do you think any wraith could control tayla like michael did?

Comment

I dont know. Probably not
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Tealcfan
                  do you think any wraith could control tayla like michael did?
                  Well you have to rewind to 'The Gift' it was established that Teyla can only be controlled if she makes contact with them. It's not the other way around. Now as to Teyla's presence as to why she may have had her link open, I speculated. Based on what I saw in Allies
                  Spoiler:
                  she was against this whole idea, but went along with it.
                  I suspect that she was just invovled to gauge how much of the wraith abilities were present when she was around Michael and report back. She's the only one who can tap into their mind out of everyone. And on a normal basis and as I stated above she wouldn't want to waste her time with Michael human or Wraith at any moment.

So no..no other Wraith can just take over her head, she has to open the link which was stated, she's not a liability, although she can be. But this of course says that if she does open the link and learns to control her ability she could take over the Wraith mind-----now that would be wicked. The wraith can't protect themselves from her, without attacking her. But if she can attack them and her mental abilities are strengthened they can't protect themselves but she can protect herself from them. Remember in 'The Gift' it was also stated that the people who had the gene like she did...they won the battle against the Wraith.

This is the coolest thing. I was actually really interested in this fact. Further more I think you have to be a certain type of Wraith. I think she may share some DNA link with Michael, and secondly depending on how old the Wraith is, it could also denote the level of their mental abilities. Which would then mean that Michael's mental strength is pretty powerful..he was highly ranked in the Wraith.

VB
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

when michael controlled tayla it creeped me out

Comment

haha..I thought it was cool! Opens to the door for a lot of drama.
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

i still think it was creepy

Comment

great epsiode !!!!

hope to see Conner Trinner he was my favorite from enterprise
                          e did a amazing job and overall this wasa good episode and a great season overall even thought it ain't over yet
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought the Wraith evolved from Bugs and Ancients, not Bugs and Humans. Why didn't the retrovirus turn Michael into an Ancient instead of a Human? Or are pre-ascended Ancients the same thing as Humans?

Comment

Did anyone else think the guard at the sparring room door looked like a painting? (Before Michael takes Teyla down we get a good view of the door and it is very, very dark and a poster-like SO is standing at parade rest) I thought the guy looked decidedly like he was not a real man and they just had the picture there to look like a SO standing guard.

If anyone else has a different opinion I'd be glad to know why he seemed so flat.
                              Obsidiana Girl a perfect mix of good and evil.

Comment

Originally posted by obsidianagirl
                                Did anyone else think the guard at the sparring room door looked like a painting? (Before Michael takes Teyla down we get a good view of the door and it is very, very dark and a poster-like SO is standing at parade rest) I thought the guy looked decidedly like he was not a real man and they just had the picture there to look like a SO standing guard.
                                If anyone else has a different opinion I'd be glad to know why he seemed so flat.
                                I'm afraid I'll have to watch Michael again for that little detail...and I'll do so when I get home. You made me curious...
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X