X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree!
    sigpic

Comment

It was mentioned in previous posts that Weir seemed to glance over what had happened with the parasite infected Caldwell a little too briefly considering what a big deal that was for the survival of Atlantis. I have to stick up for Weir here because what could she really say? Yes, you have had the parasite removed, but I still don't really trust you because you treat me like I'm inept and try to steal John's job whenever possible?

However, did anyone notice that when Caldwell told Sheppard that he would rather not have Sheppard armed while under the influence of an alien consciousness, Sheppard agrees and hands the gun to Rodney? Hmmmm... As Caldwell is military and made the request in the first place, wouldn't it be natural for Sheppard to hand the gun over to Caldwell and not itchy-trigger-finger Rodney?

Just an observation, but you know, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Basically, I do not get the feeling that all has been forgiven. IMHO

Comment

Well, I much preferred this episode to the one before it, but it does beggar belief that they would not disable Weir and Sheppard's command codes and that they wouldn't think of locking down parts of the city (and disabling the transporters - can't remember if that was mentioned in this one?) Also, you wouldn't have thought they would have had time to reinstate Caldwell's command code yet? They DID disable it when he was found to be a Ga'ould, didn't they?

Still, it was better than quite a few S2 episodes so I mustn't grumble too much.
        Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
          See, that would require the PTBs to actually have a plan in the first place. The more I watch the show (as good as I like it) the more I'm convinced that it's all made on a one-off basis, not to mention the Big Red Reset Button that's hit at the end of every episode.
          I think some of the writers have A Plan and others don't, which makes the whole thing come across as a bit Chris Carter-ish.

Comment

sorry for my foolishness
            Last edited by flegs; 06 August 2006, 04:19 AM.

Comment

I liked this episode. Right at the beginning, Caldwell went to talk to Weir about the whole host incident and she seemed so much more relaxed with him, no longer at odds. I actually liked that. And by the end of the episode, everyone could have more understanding for Caldwell and what he went through being a host.

LOVED Torri in this episode. I'm glad she got to do something so different from Weir. I don't suppose we'll have many more excuses to see KickAssWeir again, so gotta savor it now.

As soon as Phebus started talking to Thalen, I knew something was up. My guess was that they were some sort of Bonnie and Clyde pair. When they both made a break for the guards at the doors, I thought they were going to team up to try to get away somewhere or figure out how to stay in the bodies permanently. Having them be mortal enemies was much better than what I had been thinking.

I was cool with the fact that Ronan didn't realize that he really couldn't figure out if it was Sheppard or not since Thalen would have all of Sheppard's knowledge. I liked that Teyla was smart enough to know she couldn't trust Thalen and her reasoning for giving him the stunner - as Thalen or Sheppard, he was going to stun Phebus. (Hey - wasn't something very similar to this covered in the SG-1 episode Proving Ground? Something about stun first and sort it all out later.)

Did I mention that I really loved KickAssWeir?!?!?
              sigpic
              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

A lot of times I really love an episode, come and read the comments here and realize the glaring inconsistencies and silly actions and what should have been done, what would have made more sense...but I'm one of those people that just lets the ep wash over me, I find myself so caught up in it that I don't have the will or inclination to micro-analyze it. Sure I'll groan at the obvious cues, like Sheppard being dumb enough to go through with the procedure, but they acknowledge that by having him reluctant to do it, the humor of him shuffling forward awkwardly, and by Caldwell's objection. Weir, obviously, was possessed so her encouragement is understandable. McKay has the quintessential obsessive scientist mentality, he's willing to let others undertake unimaginable risks if it may yield potentially valuable information. In a way, he doesn't prioritize human life the way the others do, he'll support a course of action if it could be advantageous in some way, even if it's at a detriment of some sort- like being possessed by an alien entity.

I do enjoy the Weir friendship with Caldwell. I know some ship for those two, but I like the idea of a platonic relationship. She needs friends, since she's determined to close Teyla out. You'd think them two would be friends, as female leaders, having difficulty controlling their people at times, facing danger, each other being outside their respective 'chain of command' situation. I liked the Sam and Janet friendship and was so upset when the writers wrecked that. It would have been nice to see that replicated here. But they always focus on the guy's friendships and bonding moments.

I'm glad that Torri was able to stretch her wings a bit. Being a diplomat isn't much use in this kind of 'kill or be drained of life energy' situation, so she's tragically underused. I liked seeing Weir take on the soldiers. It's so cool to see her do those kind of stunts. Torri did the entire thing herself, which is even cooler.

Ronon was a bit slow. I mean, if I were an alien, I would admit to the possibility that I was an alien in order to throw the well-meaning friend off track and lead them to believe I wasn't the alien. If you know what I mean. But I agree with Meredith, it was sweet that Teyla knew not to trust Sheppard. And yeah, it was Proving Ground. With Jennifer Hailey who made that comment about stunning first, etc, etc. I thought that was hilarious.

I also adore the 'KickAssWeir'!
                'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

man that was a kickass episode not only did we see a wier/shep kiss (albiet it wasnt them) but we also got to see dr wier in action and not stuck behind her desk as per usual. the game of cat and mouse was fairly interesting as both seemed to hold their own., i loved it completely.
                  sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Who are those people? I excpect, that they are not ancients.
                    Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis- View Post
                      Who are those people? I excpect, that they are not ancients.
                      It was never really suggested that they were Ancients.. beyond Weir's initial excitement on discovering the age of the pods which Rodney soon damped down, saying that he doubted that they were Ancient, based on the pod design.

It was made pretty clear that they were the last survivors of two races who had been at war with each other for a very long time.
                      sigpic

Comment

looking past the inconsistencies, this ep was pretty good.

it was great to see 'weir' in action; tori is really good!

i'm a sucker for running-around-with-guns eps, and this ep really had the feel of playing laser tag.

i too wish teyla had shot shep. hell, i wish anybody had shot shep, but it was cool that out of all the ppl in atlantis, teyla was the one to catch shep. and not!weir (i can't remember if she was thanal or phebus) was the one to come up with the plan to catch not!shep. girl power!

other than that, great effects
                        "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                        "what?"
                        *throat punch*
                        My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                        LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

(Not!Weir was Phoebus)

I liked this ep a lot. Had to overlook the "letting aliens with a sob story take over mission leaders" and "not having more security/code lockdown" issues, but Weir really looked good kicking butt and overall I enjoyed it.

I don't mind the non-shippy shipping because that kinda thing doesn't bother me.

Caldwell rocked - liked how he made nice with Weir (I'm watching the DVDs now and trying to figure out exactly when he was taken by the Goa'uld) - and I liked how he lead the teams once Weir & Shep were taken over.

Teyla also kicked butt, but I can't believe Ronon believed Thalan/Shep. He should've been more cautious, IMHO. Thalan/Shep using Ronon as cannon fodder was uncool, but Thalan seemed to have a bit more humanity, in calling for help for Ronon.

When Thalan/Shep talked about how the real Shep was screaming inside his/their head, it brought the whole situation of being an unwilling host to another entity (the BIG premise of the Stargate 'verse) to the forefront again. Maybe it'll help Weir understand what Caldwell went through.

I wonder what Thalan would've done if he'd been the first to "wake up." Although he wanted to take Phoebus out, he didn't have the "I'll kill you and myself as long as he ends up dead" attitude to me.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode as sparky fan, this one is so awesome between weir and shep has been taken over by alien entity, I was in total squeeing at moment right after they kissed and took over the atlantis. Torri's flex with gun was cool to see her being kick ass throughout the episode, I loved the comments between teyla and ronon had me laughing. The camera angle in this episode are well done, as for the CGI of atlantis in and out which was nice to see again since last time I saw that CGI sequence back in The siege part 2-3. However I've seen this TLG episode about what 2 or 3 times, I still loving it no matter what which ship moments in it nuff said. Gosh I don't think we as sparky fans get enough of this episode for years to come.

Who knows we'll see that ep like that again in future.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Torri got a chance to be the center of things for once, along with Sheppard.
                              And we got a lot of Beckett too.

Some of the camera work was cool when Phoebus and what's his name were stalking each other.

Teyla trying to make a tough decision was interesting to watch too.

And Caldwell back without his Goa'uld in tow was great too.

Comment

I loved cadwells
                                "Now you know what it feels like" comment to wier..

Comment

Working...
                                X