The Long Goodbye (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    I find it disappointing that the only way Weir can be kickass is to get possessed by an alien entity. I'd rather see WEIR going into attack mode and besting trained soldiers (hee! Poor Lorne) rather than NotWeir. Because let's face it, that wasn't really Weir fighting and shooting and running around, it was Phoebus.
    Have we seen Weir ever carrying a gun? Nope, only in this episode she did. I don't think she's one for shoot first, ask questions later.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I liked this episode. Joe and Torri were fab!

I would've liked to see the 2 characters involved in a fistfight, slamming each other up against walls etc. etc....but hey...we got a kiss! Can't have too much excitement in one episode. Don't think my heart would take it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Finder of Lost Gates
        I don't know if I would want to see Real! Weir besting trained soldiers, that would ring untrue to me. But I would love to see her in a situation where she has to grab a gun and defend her station and be as kickass as she can be, given her training.

Maybe it's happened. I've only started watching SGA this season, and I think I missed an episode or two.

Has it?
        Nah. Both Torri, and TPTB have said Weir will never handle a gun. (Phoebus controlled excepted). Her weapon is her words. She doesn't ever carry one, even off world. Never even seen her carry a stunner and never will.

Rodney: "Air..person. Don't be there.(pause) Crap."
        Hermiod: "what did you do?"
        Rodney: "...It's Wraith."
        Hermiod: "Crap, indeed."

Comment

I come with a question. Throughout the board, everyone seems to love this episode and raves about how it's the best ep of Atlantis while i thought it was alright. Nothing special apart from some good action scenes. This is particularly true:
          Originally posted by Finder of the Lost Gates
          I could have liked the entire episode if it weren't for the fact that it was so stupid to let Sheppard be taken over by the dead guy
          IMHO Michael was an episode which deserves the "best ep of Atlantis" title so far. (bare in mind i haven't seen the finale...)

Just wondering why people love it so?
          ...Or was it just the Shep/Weir kiss??

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Hee hee hee hee hee... heehee, & kissed!
            And I DON'T CARE IF IT WAS PHOEBUS AND THANLAN or however you spell their names IT STILL COUNTS! Mwahahahahahahaaa!
            You can feel the lurrvv!

Thanks Sweety for the sig!
            No1 Spacemunky!!
            MY SKINNY WHITE ASS

Comment

Actually, no I can't. I don't care how much TPTB shove it down my throat or how contrived they have to twist the entire universe to satisfy the deranged cravings of a certain sub-sect of fans, I still ain't buying it.

Comment

this episode was amazin,all the fight between elizabeth and jonh, because of the personalities that use them was amaizin.
                sigpic
                Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Weir wouldn't fight because she is a diplomat. Probably my favorite part of the episode is where she kicked Lorne's ass. :-D

Comment

They sure don't make marines like the used to. One punch and those guys were down. How pathedic.
                    Last edited by GatetheWay; 07 May 2006, 08:36 AM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Actually, no I can't. I don't care how much TPTB shove it down my throat or how contrived they have to twist the entire universe to satisfy the deranged cravings of a certain sub-sect of fans, I still ain't buying it.
                      Truer words are rarely typed on this topic.
                      sigpic
                      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I enjoyed this episode because of the action. I'm a sparky fan, so I loved the kiss in the promo. It didn't do anything for me when I watched the episode. Kisses are meaningless in Stargate world which takes the fun out of them for me. I say if you don't intend for two characters to ever hook up, don't bother sprinkling in shippy scenes. I know it's fun for the writers to rile up the fans, but it's always such a let down. Either plan a relationship or have no hint of it at all.

Although I really enjoyed this episode, I think the Atlantis crew must have all taken stupid pills that day.

Comment

I agree on the stupid pills remark. I was really looking forward to this eppy but found it a let down. After watching the repeat, it made even less sense.

This would have been much better to have two people possessed who had no military training - Weir was okay, but Sheppard was just dumb. It should have been another person non-military, like Beckett, Zelenka, etc. Or, the flip side, have two warriors possessed - Teyla and Ronon. Two warriors possessed by warriors could have been cool also.

I also was left wanting to know more about Phoebus and Thalan. Who WERE they? Were they really married? What WAS their true argument? It all sort of felt flat and meaningless when we didn't know who they were.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
                            I say if you don't intend for two characters to ever hook up, don't bother sprinkling in shippy scenes. I know it's fun for the writers to rile up the fans, but it's always such a let down. Either plan a relationship or have no hint of it at all.
                            See, that would require the PTBs to actually have a plan in the first place. The more I watch the show (as good as I like it) the more I'm convinced that it's all made on a one-off basis, not to mention the Big Red Reset Button that's hit at the end of every episode.
                            sigpic

Comment

Foolish Pleasure: I would have liked to know more about Thalan and Phoebus, also.

Cory Holmes: I think they use the reset button because they're afraid newcomers to the show won't understand what's happening and will change the channel. I latched on to Buffy while channel surfing one day, and Buffy definitely didn't have a reset button. If they had a plan for the Stargates, the episodes would be more consistant. They have too many either really great or really crappy episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
                                Cory Holmes: I think they use the reset button because they're afraid newcomers to the show won't understand what's happening and will change the channel. I latched on to Buffy while channel surfing one day, and Buffy definitely didn't have a reset button. If they had a plan for the Stargates, the episodes would be more consistant. They have too many either really great or really crappy episodes.
                                I'm not talking about B5-style serialness, nor am I talking about BSG's habit of running a single plot idea into the ground. I just want the happenings of one episode to result in consequences later on. The lack of any fallout from Trinity is a prime example of what I'm talking about. Not once was it referenced, even by the very next episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X