No announcement yet.

The Long Goodbye (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there were some good moments in this one like the opening scene when sheppard is explaining to ronan and teyla about television...loved that scene. and i was impressed by weir kicking some major behind. i think it was really stupid of ronan to trust sheppard/thelan...i'm sure that's been said b/c it's true. perhaps teyla is just smarter. i'm still confused at the whole husband/wife thing. i mean i know that febus only said that so that she could convince the people to recover the other pod and get sheppard to let the entity take over him. but then while they're hunting each other down and the control room is listening to them on speaker she mentions the husband/wife thing again. did she know they were listening? even so wouldn't she get that they probably caught on by now that they weren't married? they weren't married were they? ahhhh, confusing myself more writing this post so i'm going to stop while i'm behind. perhaps i should watch that part again...
    "Yeah Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise."
    "Why not?"
    "The codename for the project is Prometheus. What's wrong with that?"
    NOTHING!

Comment

what i don't get is why
      Spoiler:
      they didn't just stun both of them. i mean, they had ample time and weapons.
      Spoiler:
      as Lt. Hailey said "Shoot `em both...disable them by whatever means necessary and sort it out later."
      did i miss some plot thing?
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
        what i don't get is why
        Spoiler:
        they didn't just stun both of them. i mean, they had ample time and weapons.
        Spoiler:
        as Lt. Hailey said "Shoot `em both...disable them by whatever means necessary and sort it out later."
        did i miss some plot thing?
        See thats why you should be required to go through the SG training before going through the gate .
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
          Speaking of the Teyla scene, I think they should of pulled a Speed and Teyla really did shoot Sheppard and while it looks fatal to people watching on camera it would of only been a flesh wound.

Think about it... Teyla cock the P-90 and Weir is yelling at her to do it or people die then Teyla pulls the trigger and Sheppard goes down. Everyone, including the audience, is in shock because they think Sheppard is dead. But Teyla really shot him in his Kevlar vest or in a non-fate, non-crippling place. I'm not sure if that's possible with a P-90 but hey suspension of disbelief. Anyway, soon after McKay over rides the lockdown and Weir rushes off to see Sheppard dead for herself. Weir starts to gloat, Sheppard shoots her with a stunner that Teyla left for him, then Lorne comes in and end the story.

Gateway you read my mind...I'm so hoping they would give me some kind of surprise. and that would have been great, because we know that teyla would never have killed john..but she would have injured him to get weir off her back.

That would have been a great scene..could have led into a really sweet two parter! Cause I'm tired myself of all those transient beings takig over bodies....they should have spiced it up!
          VB
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

You know what bothers me about this episode is that it's basically filler and nothing from it will likely be mentioned again and it's just too convenient.. or inconvenient that Febus and Thelan had complete access to Weir and Shepphard's minds but they don't seem to have gained anything from the experience. It should only be fair for it to work both ways and we should know something about the lives, cultures, and civilizations of the people who were in these pods.... but knowing them, we wont.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

There have been a lot of filler eps this season. Filler and SG-1 retreads. TLG was a very stock episode with no attempts to liven it up whatsoever.

Although yay for Lorne being in it. Even if he was getting his ass whupped by Weir. And getting locked in a hall for two hours. LOL! Betcha he was wishing he had a science geek on his team then!

Comment

The characters were acting WAY too stupid in this ep for me to like it enough to re watch. Couldn't the writers have figured out a better way for Sheppard to get taken over by the entity? It could of gone down like this...

Weir wakes up after getting flashed by the pod. She goes on to do the she wants to see here husband bit and asks Sheppard if he'll do it. Caldwell, not being stupid, says there's no way in hell they are going to compromise both heads of Atlantis in one day. Sheppard agrees and they leave Weir in the infirmary under guard. Later Weir asks to see Sheppard and he comes to see what she wants. She asks him if the second pod has arrived yet and he confirms that in it is in the something room. Weir says that’s good then she quickly knocks her guard unconscious grabs his gun and holding Sheppard at gunpoint marches him to where the pods are. McKay, Beckett and Caldwell are there, discussing what to do with the pod when Weir and Shep come in. She stuns them all and then forces Sheppard by gunpoint to be taken over by the other entity. Then the game begins.

Just one of the many improvements I think the episode needs. It had so much potential.
                Last edited by GatetheWay; 10 February 2006, 08:34 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                Spoiler:

Comment

when Thelan was trying to convince Teyla not to shoot him and stuff and he said that thing about how he cares about you more than you know...was that just something he said to convince her or what?
                  "Yeah Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise."
                  "Why not?"
                  "The codename for the project is Prometheus. What's wrong with that?"
                  NOTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                    ...because we know that teyla would never have killed john..but she would have injured him to get weir off her back.
                    Even better, swap Teyla and Ronan's roles in this episode. If Ronan had been the one debating whether to shoot John on Weir/Phoebus' command, there would have been some question as to whether he *might* actually kill John.

Comment

I have to say I really loved this episode. Yes there was flaws I have to admit but over all the episode was fun and exciting to watch. Loved the camera work and seeing Weir in a different light is fantastic and priceless, hope she gets to kick more buts in the future. I keep thinking that those aliens that was in the pod is some how linked to the hot zone virus creator, don't know why.
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought this was a fun episode. It was fun to watch Weir kick some butt for a change, even if it wasn't her and I thought Torri pulled off playing a different person quite well.

I thought Ronon was out of character, he strikes me as a shoot first ask questions later but then maybe being around Shepard is rubbing off on him.

I liked how everyone was kind of weary around Caldwell and even Caldwell was somewhat defensive the entire episode. Shows that the writers aren't just forgetting about him be a Gou'ald.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
                          Even better, swap Teyla and Ronan's roles in this episode. If Ronan had been the one debating whether to shoot John on Weir/Phoebus' command, there would have been some question as to whether he *might* actually kill John.
                          Your right..it might actually work better that way. Then they wouldnt' have changed it much.

I only liked the fact of her doing it....because a woman got the job done that a man couldn't. But then again that's my problem with TPTB they make Ronon too much of a baffoon when he seems to have a brain.

VB

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                            Your right..it might actually work better that way. Then they wouldnt' have changed it much.

I only liked the fact of her doing it....because a woman got the job done that a man couldn't. But then again that's my problem with TPTB they make Ronon too much of a baffoon when he seems to have a brain.

VB
                            Actually I thought Teyla was going to shoot him (wound him as a way to delay). I was disappointed when TPTB took the choice away at the last second cause I really think she would have made the right choice... then we could have gotten another wink\node to SG-1 with Sheppard whining about how teyla shot him the way Daniel whined about how Jack shot him in lockdown. Like someone said in Speed... take the hostage out of the situtaion...by shooting them.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              Actually I thought Teyla was going to shoot him (wound him as a way to delay). I was disappointed when TPTB took the choice away at the last second cause I really think she would have made the right choice... then we could have gotten another wink\node to SG-1 with Sheppard whining about how teyla shot him the way Daniel whined about how Jack shot him in lockdown. Like someone said in Speed... take the hostage out of the situtaion...by shooting them.

Yeah I think a lot of us, including me, agreed that her taking John out would have been a great move on Teyla's part. And Definitely spurn on a part 2. I dont' know why they didn't do that. But then again, it would lead to a great season finale as well. Hahhaa. But on a different tone..I also believe Teyla woul dhave shot him. Between him and 3/4 of the ex who would you go for? But in the sense of course of wounding him, I think she'd shoot him to give McKay a bit more time to override the systems... And probably beat herself up and maybe John, if she did shoot him. In my opinion there are two people at fault for this thing to happen and it definitely wasn't Caldwell.
                              VB

Comment

I loved the whole: Oh forget it thing with weir when she was telling McKay to radio the control room and tell them everything is fine.

Best Stargate quote:
                                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                                Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X