No announcement yet.

The Long Goodbye (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was all for Teyla shooting Sheppard but ofcourse we didn't get that. I think I've been watching 24 for too long.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
    Spoiler:

Comment

why did they go to mckay after Thalan said "he cares about you more than you know"? i dont get it wouldn't it be better to show Teyla's reaction?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
        I was all for Teyla shooting Sheppard but ofcourse we didn't get that. I think I've been watching 24 for too long.
        24 is an excellent show! But I agree, she should have shot him, not to kill mind you but to disable him. I enjoyed this ep. but Sheppard is the 2IC of the city!!! No way should he have even considered letting an alien take over his body! I know that Cadwell was there but he just recently got over being possessed by a Gould... like others have said never would have happened in the SGC!
        "I never see this coming..." ~ Col. Sheppard
        <3

Comment

I was confused....when did Atlantis get decimated by a stupidity bug?

I could have liked the entire episode if it weren't for the fact that it was so stupid to let Sheppard be taken over by the dead guy. I loved the Weir action scenes, the Sheppard/Entity mind games attempts...good on Teyla for not falling for it, but Ronan? Must have gotten bitten by that stupid bug.

I would think, that if your base commander has been taken over by an entity, that would be like, she could be deemed no longer fit for duty, and then they could have stopped this silliness before it happened. They had no business obeying the orders of someone compromised like that.

I would have found it more believable if the pods had been opened at the same time, and grabbed Sheppard and Weir together.

Comment

Originally posted by Finder of Lost Gates

I would have found it more believable if the pods had been opened at the same time, and grabbed Sheppard and Weir together.
            I agree with you there, they were all a little hasty. Except Caldwell who, for once, had the right idea, but everyone pull's out the "Oh, well, he just recovered from being host to an alien entity himself, so don't listen to him" Card.

Hopefully tonight they will have all recovered from The Stupidity Bug.

Comment

I agree i was waiting for teyla to shoot sheppard. Altogether this episode was pretty good espically caldwell at the end with the kiss statement
              sigpic
              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I could have liked the entire episode if it weren't for the fact that it was so stupid to let Sheppard be taken over by the dead guy. I loved the Weir action scenes, the Sheppard/Entity mind games attempts...good on Teyla for not falling for it, but Ronan? Must have gotten bitten by that stupid bug.

I would think, that if your base commander has been taken over by an entity, that would be like, she could be deemed no longer fit for duty, and then they could have stopped this silliness before it happened. They had no business obeying the orders of someone compromised like that.

Good point.. why not have them open the pods at the same time that would make way more sense.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

As for you querry: So it would seem.
                  I have to agree with the rest of your post too.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Silmerya
                    why did they go to mckay after Thalan said "he cares about you more than you know"? i dont get it wouldn't it be better to show Teyla's reaction?
                    [slashgoggles]
                    Obviously because Rodney is totally in love with Sheppard and was just heart-broken when he found out he liked Teyla :nods: Totally canon I assure you :b
                    [/slashgoggles]

I really enjoyed this episode. Undoubtly there were some serious lapses in judgement... but that is acceptable for me because it was a really cool chance to see Weir being all kick-a** and psychotic. Oh, and the visual FX when they were going from one part of the city to another was very cool as well. I liked that, not space-battle effects but it made the tension and suspense a bit more intense.

I was also kind of surprised Ronon fell for it as well, it made me feel a bit sorry for him though (because it did seem kind of naivity[sp] opposed to stupidity)

Comment

I find it disappointing that the only way Weir can be kickass is to get possessed by an alien entity. I'd rather see WEIR going into attack mode and besting trained soldiers (hee! Poor Lorne) rather than NotWeir. Because let's face it, that wasn't really Weir fighting and shooting and running around, it was Phoebus.

Comment

But how would RealWeir do that? She's a diplomat, not a soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                          I dunno. Piss her off bad enough and she could surprise you.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            I don't know if I would want to see Real! Weir besting trained soldiers, that would ring untrue to me. But I would love to see her in a situation where she has to grab a gun and defend her station and be as kickass as she can be, given her training.

Maybe it's happened. I've only started watching SGA this season, and I think I missed an episode or two.

Has it?

Comment

You just started? o.O; Oh, geez. You must go bask in the glory that is Season 1.

Comment

It would be nice if Weir got something out of this whole ordeal. Aquiring some fighting skills would be nice in self defense situations, kind of like if she had a symbiote in her instead of someone else's consciousness. Like I said before, it wouldn't make sense for Phoebus to see Weir's memories and not have Weir see Phoebus' in return.

I have to say this. Now, I've enjoyed season 2, chances are I'll even buy the DVD set when it comes out. But it's become a tad obvious that Atlantis has taken a back seat to SG-1. The quality of the season 1 DVD set, some of the epi's this season even I would admit to being less quality, and I'm usually the type to defend Atlantis to my dying day. It hasn't become half-assed but close to it in certain situations. They need to do something soon. Either put their whole attention on the NEW spinoff or let it go to the wayside, because the SG universe deserves more than partial attention to one series while trying to revamp another well-lived original. Atlantis has sooo much potential if they could just get away from the cliches that SG-1's early season didn't have.
                                I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
                                - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

Working...
                                X