No announcement yet.

The Long Goodbye (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone I loved this episode. I love how they can lockdown the city on command now. Speaking of which I was watching the episode again and when Febus "Dr Weir" locked the city down. There was a list of commands. One was Stardrive Protocole Which was located right below the Lockdown activationg. So I may be presuming that they know how the stardrive works and could possibly use it in a future date if the get enough power

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
      It makes zero sense for Sheppard to recover sooner after having been taken over later.
      Spoiler:
      Lesbian HiveQueen sex? In what episode?

Actually it makes sense....they said that the life expectancy of Thelan was weaker than Phebus..so it is possible. Not only that it depends on the mental powers of both people inhabited...could be the ancient gene might have played a role..who knows?! But Thelan was weaker from the beginning.
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
        Imagine if the Wraith had taken the city in seige for example, instead of everyone getting bailed out by the plot again. Remember in DS9 when Dukat and the dominion got the station and then the good guys had to win it back?
        I remember them not doing that in the first season, and for good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
          Actually it makes sense....they said that the life expectancy of Thelan was weaker than Phebus..so it is possible. Not only that it depends on the mental powers of both people inhabited...could be the ancient gene might have played a role..who knows?! But Thelan was weaker from the beginning.
          A convenient plot device. Blah. Oh, well. At least there is an explanation. This episode sounds pretty good apart from the lack of security.
          And my whited-out question? Ouroborous?

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
            The episode was above average for this season of SGA, but the story seemed very contrived and the Expedition team really acted pretty stupidly to advance the plot. Unfortunately that seems to be something that has been happening often.
            Exactly my thoughts.
            I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

There's something a little too convenient about Caldwell saying if their positions were reversed he'd do the same and instadoodle... they are.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I'm so bored with this episode already I've switched over to the Olympics.

Comment

It's not that great but at least Weir is finally doing something.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

how are some of you finished w/ the episode already?! it's still going on for me...
                    "Yeah Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise."
                    "Why not?"
                    "The codename for the project is Prometheus. What's wrong with that?"
                    NOTHING!

Comment

Explaining TV to Ronan\Telya …. Cooolllll and funny. Double Jeopardy

Mckay’s reaction to Caldwell was funny.
                      Weir does not talk about herself in third person was funny.

They are not seriously stupid enough to, on purpose, put an alien in Sheppard.
                      Gee, that didn’t quite work out, what a surprise.

Hahah,, wier kicking az nice!!!

Hey, chain of command… nice.

Ronan has no idea how Weir thinks, that’s funny.

Weir took out Ronan… hahahahahahaha

Tourches, flashlights, same thing

Teyla needs to pay more attention. John must not care as much about Teyla as he does Ronan.

Nice nighttime city shot.

Ha, good job Teyla

Weir is pretty smart in this ep.

Caldwell slaps down Mckay… good job.

Teyla is scrwd…. Sheppard pulls out the ship.
                      Teyla makes the right call…. Dang they took the easy way out.

Again good smart Teyla.
                      Nice ending.

Good ep, liked it pretty well… would watch it again.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

The biggest problem with this episode was that the characters acted very stupid to advance the plot.

Oh and Pheobus was a terrible shot...used a sub-machine gun on Ronan and only hit him with one bullet.

Comment

I thought this was one of the best episodes yet. Weir was a real b***h in this one or should I say the entity inside of her. I really wanted to see her get killed even though I like Weir she did such a good job in making me hate her in this episode. I didn't know she could be so evil, and Ronan was a fool for trusting Sheppard in this episode, and he almost paid with his life. If I were Ronan I probably would of just shot em' both with my stun gun and let Beckett sort em' out.

Comment

Okay Torri Higginson is a great actress! I knew she was, but they never gave her a chance to flex those acting muscles until now! I just loved this episode! She should get some kind of reward!

Comment

Very good episode IMO and I had been looking forward to it for awhile.
                              Explaining TV to Ronan and Teyla.....great!
                              Very good with the marriage jokes.....
                              ok you two need serious marriage counseling.
                              they're definately headed for a divorce.

Great acting by Torri Higginson in this ep. She doesn't get the chance to show off her many talents, so that was a nice change.

Good story line in this ep and it was solved very nicely. One of the best eps of the season, its definately up there w/Duet and Critcal Mass. Loved it!!!
                              Mentally unstable like a fox!!

Comment

Originally posted by gambit
                                The biggest problem with this episode was that the characters acted very stupid to advance the plot.

Oh and Pheobus was a terrible shot...used a sub-machine gun on Ronan and only hit him with one bullet.

I'd have to agree with you on that point. After Weir got flashed with the alien flash light pod and asked if Sheppard could do the same I thought to myself "now did everyone besides Colonel Caldwell fall, bump their heads, and become overcome with stupidity.” I assume they've all read enough SGC mission reports to know that you go beaming alien consciousness’s into your head, and you don't follow the orders of some who has been compromised by an alien device at least not right off hand. That being said this episode one of my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                                X