The Tower (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PugGate
    So the whole purpose of the self-destruct for Atlantis in The Siege was to prevent the Wraith from getting the Ancient Stardrive, making it impossible to get to Earth, yet they have now left the French Atlantis (Yes, I named it!) without defenses or a ZPM, but as far as we know, their Stardrive is intact, right? So whats to stop the Wraith from taking the French Stardrive and taking a trip to Earth? Hmmm?
    Well, the lack of co-ordinates, for one.

Comment

I thought the good show.I was thinking why don't they try and set up a new base of operation there . if they convince the people in the tower to relocate andd power the systems with natuia genators and that way we can have base to denfend our seleves I saw a gate in the sister city theycould uncover the city and two basses of operation . thast way when more datuals class ships are completed and set to help the defendsfrom wraith and any other things , though they do need a engery base weapon for the dallus class ships ,

Comment

Screw you guys, I LOVED IT!

Ephiphany too :-p

Comment

The Tower just aired again on Scifi. This is the episode that made me stop loving Sheppard. I've never had one episode change my opinion of a show this dramaticly. Those writers must be really talented.

Comment

Between this episode, Epiphany, and Inferno, my love for Sheppard also bottomed out. The guy just comes across as a total loser these days. What the heck did they do to him the last half of the season??????? I'm already reading jokes in other threads about him related to Austin Powers and it isn't being done in a nice way. Certainly the writers can bring back the old Sheppard somehow. All this babe magnet stuff better go, or this show is doomed.

Comment

Amen. I lost all respect for Shep after this ep and all the little wibblers arguing that he didn't sleep with her doesn't change much, IMO. He still behaved appallingly, "normal human male" or not. And the plot itself was so ridiculous and unfunny and AGGRAVATING... grrr... Have I mentioned lately how much I despised this ep?

Between this ep and Inferno, I doubt that I will ever like, respect, and/or trust Sheppard again. So much for being MENSA material.

edit: I refused to watch Epiphany. I was warned in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by bman1968
                I was thinking why don't they try and set up a new base of operation there . if they convince the people in the tower to relocate andd power the systems with natuia genators and that way we can have base to denfend our seleves I saw a gate in the sister city theycould uncover the city and two basses of operation . thast way when more datuals class ships are completed and set to help the defendsfrom wraith and any other things , though they do need a engery base weapon for the dallus class ships ,
                That is more along the lines of what SHOULD have happened. Instead it seems like an intoxicated editor accidentally snipped in excerpts of "Girls Gone Wild" in spots and no one bothered to fix it (or just didn't care).

Interesting to watch "Ripple Effect" on SG1, and see such a well written episode, then an hour later we get the same writers put out something this stinky. Someone must have been in a hurry to crank this out so they could go on vay-cay.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that lost love for Sheppard. By the way, it looked to me like he slept with the naked prom queen. That may have been an editing error. Either way, his behavior was very immature. Sleeping with or almost sleeping with someone he just met while on a mission is not something a Lt. Col. does. As a former Airman I was embarrassed by that.

I'm really disappointed with the show and I'm afraid I'll never be able to enjoy it like I did before. I hope tptb do something to redeem Sheppard, otherwise I may have to stop watching.

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
                    It's nice to know I'm not the only one that lost love for Sheppard. By the way, it looked to me like he slept with the naked prom queen. That may have been an editing error.
                    Someone up thread said that there had originally been a snippet where Shep clearly rejected the teen bedhopper, but it was cut out to make it more ambiguous. Either way it's crass and tactless and about as stupid as you can possibly get. In my opinion, anyway.

Comment

This episode could have been done so much better, but yeah... not my favorite episode. John lost his respectablity in my eyes. I think they focus on a select few episodes, and then just pump out the rest of them. This one must have been thought up and written up faster than any that they've produced thus so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Someone up thread said that there had originally been a snippet where Shep clearly rejected the teen bedhopper, but it was cut out to make it more ambiguous.
                        TPTB have said that Sheppard is Kirk(in Stargate magazine), so that's probably why they made it ambiguous. I just wish they would come out and say they messed up and won't do it again, then maybe I could look forward to seeing the show again.

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
                          TPTB have said that Sheppard is Kirk(in Stargate magazine), so that's probably why they made it ambiguous. I just wish they would come out and say they messed up and won't do it again, then maybe I could look forward to seeing the show again.
                          They'll never admit to messing up because as far as they're concerned, they're RIGHT. After all, they're the ones in charge so they should know how the character behaves. We're just a bunch of fans who have our own interpretations of what the character should and shouldn't be and ultimately, or opinions don't matter.

Comment

They'll never admit to messing up because as far as they're concerned, they're RIGHT. After all, they're the ones in charge so they should know how the character behaves. We're just a bunch of fans who have our own interpretations of what the character should and shouldn't be and ultimately, or opinions don't matter.

Oh and don't forget that we have such a LARGE array of opinions that they could possibly please everyone. As far as I'm concerned on the issue of Shepherd there are those who like the Kirking (Mainly males) and those who don't (Mainly females, though both groups are subject to switch sides of the opinion continuum) But being that the PTB are all male, Shepherd will continue to Kirk it up.

Comment

Amen. I lost all respect for Shep after this ep and all the little wibblers arguing that he didn't sleep with her doesn't change much, IMO. He still behaved appallingly, "normal human male" or not. And the plot itself was so ridiculous and unfunny and AGGRAVATING... grrr... Have I mentioned lately how much I despised this ep?

Between this ep and Inferno, I doubt that I will ever like, respect, and/or trust Sheppard again. So much for being MENSA material.

edit: I refused to watch Epiphany. I was warned in advance...
                              I liked "Inferno". Of course, I went out of my way to find McShep hints everywhere in it.

Comment

Personally it was a meh ep. for me. One poor portrayal of Sheppard does not make me hate the character. I'm just chalking it up to the one really bad ep. for the season.

Epiphany was just dull. It doesn't lower my opinion of Sheppard nor does Inferno. He's just been kind of dull in s2

Comment

Working...
                                X