No announcement yet.

Grace Under Pressure (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe says a LOT of things. And he usually says them as vaguely as possible. I remain doubtful about the whales,

Comment

Any ideas for an episode with the whale(s) they have met in grace under pressure.
      It clearly signaled the Puddle Jumper's location to Sheppard and Zelenka. Could it also have guided the Jumper to a shallower spot, preventing it from sinking 6,000 feet? Could the whale be a descendant of whales brought to this planet, whales accustomed to working with the Ancients.
      4 easy steps how to make people hate you
      Spoiler:
      Ignore them
      Spoiler:
      talk bad about them behind their backs
      Spoiler:
      Use lots of spoiler tags
      Spoiler:
      Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Comment

I love all those ideas! I'd like to think the whale was sentient. This is a mainly water logged planet. It would be interesting to have a episode that explores the planet beneath the waves a bit more.
        sigpic

Comment

YEah it would be intersting to have en episode that explores underwater! There may be more than just whales down there!
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

And they havn't explored their planet ever since they have found the mainland.The mainland could hold many secrets too.
            Spoiler:
            Ignore them
            Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            Use lots of spoiler tags
            Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Anyone notice how the shape of the whale almost resembled that of a Wraith Hiveship? Although the whale had like 6 fins.
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

What's up with the Atlantis team never checking out the waters? Even from a purely biological standpoint, it'd be really neat!

Comment

I was a little discouraged that the teams haven't checked the oceans for any viable animal and plant life. I'm hoping there's going to be more exploration of the sea and the mainland other then they have shown so far.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                  Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Originally posted by Chemp
                    Any ideas for an episode with the whale(s) they have met in grace under pressure.
                    It clearly signaled the Puddle Jumper's location to Sheppard and Zelenka.
                    You thought it looked like a whale? It looked more like a plesiosaur to me, with a shorter neck.

It could have been involved in preventing it from sinking, unfortunately we didn't see that. But underwater creatures have been known to congregate in locations of the fallen..in some cases, although these are stories from survivors that could have been fiction while under duress; claim to have been aided in navigation through the ocean. (I like stories and journals of pirates).

Could it also have guided the Jumper to a shallower spot, preventing it from sinking 6,000 feet?
                    Again I don't think it's whales....more along the lines of that dinosaur, and it could have been a dinosaur from earth brought to the waters of the planetary base of Atlantis. (It makes you wonder how far back in planetary history the ancients go back.)

Or it could have been a creature always there..what annoys me is that we don't see any other living creatures down there so it's very plausible it dominates the sea...They don't walk the earth.....hmmm but they're carnivorous.....

But it also relates to 'The Siege' when John, Weir and Bates were looking for a safe place to send the people too, and they found an empty land that was lush with tropical fruits, but relatively quiet. When John, Teyla and Ford go and check it out, they come runnign out and John is like...'what was that..that thing' and Ford says..'It looked a lot like a T-Rex' so that could also prove a major point....that would be an exciting ep actually..

I'm all about 'Land of the Lost'...

Could the whale be a descendant of whales brought to this planet, whales accustomed to working with the Ancients.
                    I'm not sure if their accustomed to working with ancients but I can see them reading off the radio waves or the electrical waves the puddlejumpe may give off..again most sea creatures have fine tuned sensors for signals in the water, and remember, McKay did manage to send out a low key signal from his puddle jumper!

Here's a pic of a Plesiosaur...just so you know where I'm coming from, I'm a dinosaur lover..or ancient creature of old, mythical to real...so, that's what I saw, of course I believe these pics don't depict them with a flatened fin like tail, but they do have them (the second picture tries very hard to get it)...they look more turtle like but bigger and without a shell in these pics...not like a whale..but then evolution is funny that way!

Click statement above to read article.

Comment

And they havn't explored their planet ever since they have found the mainland.The mainland could hold many secrets too.
                      Yeah many secrets including possibly weapons to help thm against the wraith.
                      sigpic
                      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I loved dinos a few years back but then i foud stargate.
                        Anyway I've just obsereved the end of the episone and yes it could have been but i havent seen the long neck.
                        But I have to say nice idea and it would be sun to see dinos in atlantis.
                        Spoiler:
                        Ignore them
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Use lots of spoiler tags
                        Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I loved dinos a few years back but then i foud stargate.
                          Anyway I've just obsereved the end of the episone and yes it could have been but i havent seen the long neck.
                          But I have to say nice idea and it would be sun to see dinos in atlantis.
                          I did make mention it looked like a plesiosaur with a shorter neck....I figured that too. But then in the water, and your looking at an arial view, your bound to get a look that is much denser and shorter, not to mention..many of the drawers of these dinos do tend to exaggerate the extent of it..and we're playing around with the way they look.

I mean do you know that dinosaurs that walked the earth probably had feathers and not reptilian skin as we're always shown. They were big birds....hahhahahhaaha!!! Big dinosaur birds....crazy isn't it? The T-Rex..wasn't a scavenger, not the ruler of the earth animals....hahaha and the greatest granddad of the chicken. For shame...we eat T-Rex's regularly!!

Yeah SGA is cool, but the real unbelieveable is so much cooler!

SGA meets 'Land of the Lost' -----wicked!!! wow..I could just see Shep now!

VB
                          Last edited by vaberella; 15 March 2006, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                            What's up with the Atlantis team never checking out the waters? Even from a purely biological standpoint, it'd be really neat!
                            I agree, but the question is how to power the puddlejumpers or even bring back that kind of equipment needed. Not to mention in season 1, they weren't even able to make it back home, or think they could..only happened at the end and the beginning of season 2.

Then they'd need a whole new team, like a marine biologist, and Shep/Ronon/Teyla/McKay would be practically useless, okay maybe not McKay..and if you want Shep..but the other's wouldn't be necessary, not even Weir...but it would be good to have a bit of a scope of the sea....I really wouldn't mind having a GUP part 2....

I always like the Abyss...they could do something like that...with some transient beings under the sea..wow..and they were alien...heh!! Now that's an idea!

SGA meets 'Land of the Lost'
                            SGA meets 'The Abyss'

What more could you guys ask for....

Okay, okay..I relent...SGA meets Tron (you can't get better than Tron!!)
                            A crazy computer sucks them in..sorta like
                            Spoiler:
                            Aurora
                            but not!

VB

Comment

I would go so far to say that the whales were "carter," that Mckay wasn't halucenating, that the whales were communicating with him to help him.

Sort of like dinosaur whales with telepathy.

Don't tell me they were ascended dino whales!
                              Janus: “What is it you called them?” Dr. Weir: “ZPM, Zero Point Module.” Janus: “Yes” Janus: “They're designed to operate in parallel, all three providing power to the city simultaneously.” Janus: “However, used in sequence, it may be possible to sustain the power for the needed time.”

Comment

lol Ascended dino-whales...maybe not...but I like the idea of sentient sea creatures...sort of like Star Trek IV...

Comment

Working...
                                X