• Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can i find pictures from the epoised of Grace Under Pressure
    sigpic

I'm the asgard of Cloneing.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      You're forgetting one thing - this isn't Earth. I'm sure those calculations are perfectly correct on Earth, but on a different planet they could be completely useless
      We are talking about water not about some invented metal like naqaudah or trinium whose properties can be whatever TPTB's desire. Water doesn't change properties.

BTW I was wrong about the transformation formula, it is: 4ºC * (9/5) + 32 = 39.2ºF, and I was so sure it was "+13" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit) so some of my assumptions made based on this Fahrenheit temperature are a little of. But not concernig water properties. They remain unchanged regardless of where it is found here on Earth or on another planet in this solar system or otherwise, real or not (from TPTB's figment of imagination).
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_(molecule)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_point
      http://www.sv.vt.edu/classes/MSE2094...j/pics/941.jpg
      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
        You don't have hallucinations by a bang in the head (like the one McKay had). Besides from what I've seen the inertial dampners weren't that screwed. Hypothermia doesn't work either. Besides it was too soon waaay too soon for that.
        Damage to the occipital region of the brain could produce hallucinations (but not really seeing people!) so you could theorize he did hit that part of his head as well (I mean, look at how the jumper got knocked around before it sank).

Yeah, the idea that Sam was actually an alien water entity makes more sense and hey, why not? McKay just thinks she's in his mind but Sam's actually an Ascended white sprite screwing with his head because it had nothing better to do

Comment

Hmm... didn't the Hot Zone virus create hallucinations, too? What if the nanovirus had been culled from the ocean floor, or some of 'em had evolved beyond their programming to become an actual entity? Although that'd probably be a little TOO Entity-like...

I agree. Lots and lots of untapped potential in this ep and it would have been SO much nicer for the explanation to have been something tangible rather than a stupid hallucination.

Comment

What the hell is wrong with TPTB. I haven't seen the episode but why are they killing off characters, and trashing jumpers. I don't know if i can take much more of this.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Hmmm...along those lines, does anyone know what the current running count on PJs is? I would imagine that salvaging that PJ off the ocean floor would be a tad difficult, but perhaps possible if the water was drained and a shield was extended around it and the PJ with a crane to pull it up?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                Hmmm...along those lines, does anyone know what the current running count on PJs is?
                at least minus two:
                one in The Siege III and one in Grace Under Pressure.
                School is overrated.

Comment

at least minus two:
                  one in The Siege III and one in Grace Under Pressure.
                  One in The Brotherhood as well.
                  "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                  "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    You're forgetting one thing - this isn't Earth. I'm sure those calculations are perfectly correct on Earth, but on a different planet they could be completely useless
                    The laws of physics and the properties of water would be the same. The only variables might be salinity(as salt water is denser and more boyant than fresh water) and Lantea's gravity. However, I think we can discount them both, as it has been mentioned that the ocean is salt-water and the gravity appears to be at least so close to 1g that there is no perceptible difference. There's no reason to think that terrestrial physics wouldn't hold true on Lantea.

-IMF
                    Last edited by IMForeman; 17 December 2005, 11:47 AM.
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                      One in The Brotherhood as well.
                      I don't remember one being seen or used in that episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                        I don't remember one being seen or used in that episode.
                        A Wraith dart buzzes the city, and 3 jumpers go to intercept it, and the one poor Markham is piloting is shot down.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I don't use Fahreheit as my system (it's an akward system, much like feet-yard-miles and pounds - but thats another issue). But I can tell what was the temperature of the water. Exactly. 4 degrees Celsius.
                          How? It has to do with the fact that water has the highest density at 4 degrees and at the bottom of the ocean or every lake that is deeper than a certain depth (more than 500meters there is no light (that's cca. 1500 ft) - you go figure) the water has no heat coming from the sun. And keeping in mind that at the bottom is the water with highest density there you go: 4 degrees Celsius. In Fahrenheit if I'm not mistaking is 4ºC * (9/5) + 13 = 20ºF.
                          As for how fast hypothermia can happen you know better than me.
                          But I'm not so sure of hallucination.
                          This calculation is not correct. To change C to F, it is (9/5)ºC + 32 = F

Comment

Let's see Jumper Count would be...3

One was shot down by the Wraith in The Brotherhood
                            In the Siege, one was destoryed in blowing up a Hive ship and Ford stole another one (not sure if they later recovered that one, but I'm assuming that they did).
                            One was shot down in Condemned but I'm assuming it was also later recovered to be repaired and crashed again in Grace Under Pressure.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

But !!!!!

There are more than 5 jumpers ! How do I know this? Zelenka told so. After the intro Zelenka clearly says jumper 6 !!

Witch means there are more than the ones we saw in the beginning.
                              My opinion about this episode is that this is one of the best episodes I have ever ever ever seen !!! Great acting. Indeed it was'nt the same Sam Carter from SG.1 but hey it is McKays imagination. I really like this episode ! For those who haven't seen it, just wait ! You'll be amazed.
                              We are facing our future together - Dr. Elizabeth Weir
                              Dr. Elisabeth Weir is a proud member of the GTA !
                              *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Stargate Omega: so much more than a website ! Join the place today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Elisabeth Weir
                                But !!!!!

There are more than 5 jumpers ! How do I know this? Zelenka told so. After the intro Zelenka clearly says jumper 6 !!
                                Shep also tells Weir to have the dive team in jumper 8 standing by, so we know there are at least 8 originals.

I'd bet they have maybe a dozen or so--enough to not be running out of them for missions but not so many as they'd attempt to recover and repair one that had been shot down.

-Nick

Comment

Working...
                                X