Grace Under Pressure (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion
    Well, the jumper isn't a sub, and therefore can only take so much pressure. I mean, if you take one of our shuttles, crash it and sink it 2-6,000 feet below seal level, the windows on it might crack too, plus, we have no idea what damage might have been done in the crash.
    I agree, and I think that kinda shoots down the whole "jumpers as submersibles" theory that McKay had. Unless they were only ever meant to be used in shallow water, or with the shield (which I find unlikely, given the huge power consumption).
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      If you're unconscious for an hour, you are not going to be walking and talking in an okay fashion. We're talking major concussion or worse (shades of subdural hematomas, quite fashioned in the '70s on Mod Squad and the like).
      Yes, I also think that he wouldn't have been that alert/coherent/walking around after a blow to his head sent him into unconsciousness for one hour. It also looked as if he was bleeding from the ear, which is as far as I know not a good sign after a head injury.
      Ah yes, medical facts versus the wish to have a dramatic effect on a TV show...
      Oh well, maybe he just passed out after the hatch sealed shut on the other jumper
      This is one of the reasons why I didn't want the ep to end so apruptly. I wanted to see what's up with Rodney, I wanted to see him getting some comfort and some talk about the trust issues afterwards, now that his friend rescued him and took care of his injuries.

Bye, A.
      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Was this the first time the "3 million light years away" figure was mentioned as the distance between Pegasus and the Milky Way? If it is, then this episode finally settles the question which Pegasus we're talking about. This distance would make it the Pegasus Dwarf Irregular. The Pegasus Dwarf Spheroidal is much closer.

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
          Was this the first time the "3 million light years away" figure was mentioned as the distance between Pegasus and the Milky Way? If it is, then this episode finally settles the question which Pegasus we're talking about. This distance would make it the Pegasus Dwarf Irregular. The Pegasus Dwarf Spheroidal is much closer.

-IMF
          This wasn't the first time... I believe McKay said the 3 million light years distance in Season 1's Home. I can't be sure what episode it was... but I remember him saying that and then taking about hamburgers or something. *shrugs*

Ace
          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
            I’m actually trying to eat dinner, make screencaps and watch the episode again at the same time, and now I will also try to write this summary some people on other threads requested. I won’t go into every detail though, and I apologize for any mistakes:
            Btw, that was a thoroughly awesome summary and thank you very much, Arlessiar. You are the best. ::more hugs for you::

I shouldn't be negative about the ep when I haven't seen it yet, so I won't any more. It does sound like a very good showcasing of David Hewlett's talent and I'm all for that, any time.

Comment

Beautiful Episode!

I would talk about how amazing AT was in it but I fear the wrath of the Boob Brigade!

Nice acting, nice story.
              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
                Btw, that was a thoroughly awesome summary and thank you very much, Arlessiar. You are the best. ::more hugs for you::
                Awww, thankee!

Found a few mistakes in that summary by now, but I'm too lazy to correct them right now...

Bye, A.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                  This is one of the reasons why I didn't want the ep to end so apruptly. I wanted to see what's up with Rodney, I wanted to see him getting some comfort and some talk about the trust issues afterwards, now that his friend rescued him and took care of his injuries
                  yeah, me too!! i mean it wasn't necessary for the episode but i thought it would have been interesting to see. Maybe they ran out of time! I guess we can only hope that the writers don't ignore any consequential changes in mckays character over the next few weeks.

...but on the other hand, can we work on the other characters a bit now!!!

Comment

I'm a little dissapointed that Atlantis's Sensors couldn't detect the exact location of the jumper. I mean, in 'Before I Sleep', they were able to. They can detect an approaching Wraith Hive Ship lightyears away, but they couldn't detect a jumper under some water?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                      I'm a little dissapointed that Atlantis's Sensors couldn't detect the exact location of the jumper. I mean, in 'Before I Sleep', they were able to. They can detect an approaching Wraith Hive Ship lightyears away, but they couldn't detect a jumper under some water?
                      It's way, way easier to pick up something in the vaccum of space, particularly when they are giving out alot of energ. Detecting something under miles of water is very, very difficult.
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                        Well, it's like this (and someone else said it too)... we can (well, could) fly a man to the moon, but we can't get to the bottom of the ocean. Water is dense, space isn't

Comment

Far fetched.
                          It was the worst episode of season 2, so far, if not of Atlantis.
                          School is overrated.

Comment

Curious. How so?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

You don't have hallucinations by a bang in the head (like the one McKay had). Besides from what I've seen the inertial dampners weren't that screwed. Hypothermia doesn't work either. Besides it was too soon waaay too soon for that.
                              It would have worked better if they were to transport some hallucinogenic substances (for the Athosians' use in some bizarre ceremony of puff-puff-pass) and have the containers damage during the impact.
                              School is overrated.

Comment

Hypothermia can actually happen very fast. In 50 degree (F) water, you're looking at 30-45 minutes, with death in three hours or so. There's been no indication yet as to the temperature of water around Atlantis, but that gives you a ballpark.
                                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Working...
                                X