Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi
    It is rather, isn't it?
    I'm sure it was not meant to be taken seriously though..
    Sorry, forgot the smiley to indicate this...

Comment

Originally posted by obsessed1
      Hi there, I'm new to this, but here goes.
      I havent seen this ep yet (UK) but when i read the spoilers for it i kinda imagined it this way.
      I thought the beast was going to be a manifestation of the villagers fears (As it was-sorta) but also that it would be a manifestation of Sheps thoughts and fears.

I imagined that that was how the whole Shep backstory would tie i. I thought that Sheppard would get the opportunity to ascend but they say he cant leave until he resolves the issues that prevent him from going. i.e. Afghanistan.
      Then you see I thought it would link to flashbacks of his time there and why he cant resolve the issues and henceforth cant ascend.

In a sense I think Epiphany without that parallels what his time in Afghanistan may have been like. In the sense that he was abandoned and alone. His comment on "we dont leave people behind right?" seemed very personal and specific to him.
      I dont know. Thats my thoughts on it anyway.
      Welcome! Are you the same 'obsessed1' who posts stories at FF? If you are, you should really come visit us at the Shep whumping thread
      *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

SG-1's "A Hundred Days" + Star Trek: TNG's "Darmok" = SG-A's
        EPIPHANY!!
        "You ended that sentence with a preposition!!" - Jack O'Niell

My DVD Collection

Comment

Just rewatched it and picked up on the "I don't have a volleyball to talk to" line...
          It would've been fun if they had worked that angle a lot more... Not a la Tom Hanks necessarily but more angst and contemplation.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            Just rewatched it and picked up on the "I don't have a volleyball to talk to" line...
            It would've been fun if they had worked that angle a lot more... Not a la Tom Hanks necessarily but more angst and contemplation.
            Or any angst and contemplation. There was a vague hint but I think the rest was in Joe's story.

Comment

Hi there, I thought the beast was going to be a manifestation of the villagers fears (As it was-sorta) but also that it would be a manifestation of Sheps thoughts and fears.
              Teer indicated it was the villagers' fears that were manifested, as obviously the beast had been there before Shep even stepped foot on that planet, so they've been knitting that critter for a while

I imagined that that was how the whole Shep backstory would tie i. I thought that Sheppard would get the opportunity to ascend but they say he cant leave until he resolves the issues that prevent him from going. i.e. Afghanistan.
              Then you see I thought it would link to flashbacks of his time there and why he cant resolve the issues and henceforth cant ascend.
              Alas, that's why I sometimes dread reading what actors and producers and writers say as half the time the stuff never shows up on the peisode. Cut from script, cut due to overruns, etc. I'd love to have seen some flashbacks, but then that would have turned it into a 90 minute episode.

In a sense I think Epiphany without that parallels what his time in Afghanistan may have been like. In the sense that he was abandoned and alone. His comment on "we dont leave people behind right?" seemed very personal and specific to him.
              I dont know. Thats my thoughts on it anyway.
              I don't think Sheppard has been stuck alone behind enemy lines before. However, he seems fiercely loyal to friends and remember, going against orders to rescue men trapped behind enemy lines is what fried his military career (Rising). The 'we don't leave people behind' motto seems to be a military thing. I read from someone who was in the military that friendships formed in the military are some of the strongest bonds imaginable, and to leave a friend behind when there's the smallest chance to save them, you go ahead and save them.

However, Shep was pretty much very isolated on that planet. Sure, he was with people, but not his people. They had a totally different mindset and wanted him to join them but as he said, that's not the path he chose, hence, going through a bout of depression when he was told there was no way off the planet (or well, the sanctuary). Period.

This episode can be a veritable goldmine for fanfic writers to fill in all the angst, etc. that didn't appear on screen. After all, they compressed the six months to fit the show, but fanfic writers can write as much as they want

Comment

Loved it. Atlantis' second half of season 2 is off to a great start.

Comment

I gotta say that there really is convincing evidence that sending Daniel to Atlantis is necessary. They could've easily avoided this whole incident if they could read the Ancient text.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                    Sorry, forgot the smiley to indicate this...
                    Ah, okay then. I figured you had some attachment to Shep, considering your name and all.

Originally posted by Crichton
                    I gotta say that there really is convincing evidence that sending Daniel to Atlantis is necessary. They could've easily avoided this whole incident if they could read the Ancient text.
                    For some reason I thought Rodney could read Ancient. Or was that wraith? Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                      This episode can be a veritable goldmine for fanfic writers to fill in all the angst, etc. that didn't appear on screen. After all, they compressed the six months to fit the show, but fanfic writers can write as much as they want
                      Is that a challenge...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                        Ah, okay then. I figured you had some attachment to Shep, considering your name and all.
                        A particular attachment to the nekkid ankles.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
                          Comparing "Epiphany" to "A Hundred Days," I hope Sheppard didn't sleep with the girl and leave her the way O'Neill did.
                          You know until very recently I always assumed that Jack left "what's her name" pregnant but a while back someone posted a thread wanting to know if Jack paid maintenance for the child and so many people posted that she wasn't pregnant that now I am not sure. *well yes I still think she was*

John wouldn't have unsafe sex! Jack sure. *Ducks*

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose

LOL!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Lol!! i'm sure Rodney sent 'something' through in the napsack with the other 'essentials'

Comment

You know until very recently I always assumed that Jack left "what's her name" pregnant but a while back someone posted a thread wanting to know if Jack paid maintenance for the child and so many people posted that she wasn't pregnant that now I am not sure. *well yes I still think she was*

With SG1, fans could assume whatever they wanted as you could read into what happened and as for the results, ditto. Since we haven't seen anything about it on screen yet, fans can presume there's no offspring, but then again if the show jumps the shark, some kid comes through the gate looking for dad.

And I could see Jack giving Shep a lecture right before he leaves for the Pegasus Galaxy...

O'Neill: Just one more thing, Major.
                                Sheppard: Sir?
                                O'Neill: About sex with alien women...
                                Sheppard: (blinks)... Uh.
                                O'Neill: It's okay, except if they offer you cake.
                                Sheppard: (confused) Sir??
                                O'Neill: It's because of the nintendos or whatever (Sheppard just gawks). Anyway, just don't accept the cake.
                                SHeppard: So, uh, if I don't accept the cake, then I can...
                                O'Neill: No, if they offer you cake before, don't.
                                Sheppard: Have sex?
                                O'Neill: Eat the cake!
                                Sheppard: But I could--
                                O'Neill: No, if they offer cake, you can't do it.
                                Sheppard: (more confused) What if the cake is offered after?
                                O'Neill: (looks blank) Then I guess you're screwed.
                                Sheppard: I would think that would be--
                                O'Neill (just shoves Sheppard toward the door and out of his office): Just remember the nintendos! Or nanobytes, or whatever.
                                Sheppard: (stands there a second as airmen pass by): Right sir. No cake, sex or computer games.
                                O'Neill: You'll enjoy the Pegasus Galaxy (shuts door)

[from "Brief Candle']
                                Last edited by prion; 16 December 2005, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X