Aurora (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcfc
    Great episode, the humour in it was fantastic, and we got to see a Ancient ship. A classic one to re -watch on the DVD's I think.

There was a good line from Rodney when Caldwell gave him a time limit on getting Sheppard out but I cant remember it off-hand.

Dont supose any one else can quote the lines.

I remember one where McKay said to Caldwell 'Where do you get these arbitrary numbers from?' Don't know if that's the one you meant? I laughed at that one!
    Eli, I did notice Sheppard's jim-jams were creamier than McKay's. I really should be shot for just saying that out loud, or in print should I say....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
      I remember one where McKay said to Caldwell 'Where do you get these arbitrary numbers from?' Don't know if that's the one you meant? I laughed at that one!

Yeah thats the one LOL!

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
      legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

I liked this episode a lot. It was one of the best of season 2. I was really surprised. I loved it, especially the captain's speech. It had feeling. Those poor people lived their lives knowing that they could save Atlantis and their race only to find out that the battle was already lost for millenia and their bodies aged and having very little to live. Good work TPTB, it was a very good script. That's one way you can go. It didn't mind me the fact that the wraiths' secret wasn't revealed to us, but in fact I loved the fact that TPTB used it very good as a plot device.
        TPTB, keep up this kind of work!
        School is overrated.

Comment

i expected more of this episode especially as i wanted to see the team who had plenty of chances to download some information from the ships computers such as weapons technology like on there was on the satellite in season 1.

it was a shame that we didnt see the whole ship but still it was an average episode.

Comment

OK...

1. Nice lighting in VR

2. Rachel/Teyla keeps coming up with the goods this season.

Decent ep but gets blown out by Conversion though.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
              Rachel/Teyla keeps coming up with the goods this season
              yeah, i'm not really a teyla fan, but she was good in this...critical mass too now that i think about it!!!

Comment

It was an interesting episode, not what I;'d expect from an episode on an Ancient ship but loved it none the less. Lol funny moments between Teyla and Ronan.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I MIGHT have found a plot hole. When the Wraith hooked up to Trebel's pod, he took over Trebel's image in VR.

When Sheppard went into VR however, he came in as himself, not a crewmember. Given that the Aurora had no reason to store surplus stasis pods, do we have a plot hole or an iffy plot device?
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

The Wraith was using some piece of technology along with the stasis pod tech. His device probably rigged to stasis pod to keep the image of the crew member.
                    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                      The Wraith was using some piece of technology along with the stasis pod tech. His device probably rigged to stasis pod to keep the image of the crew member.
                      Yep, bang on there.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I don't see why the Ancients in "Before I sleep" all spoke with a brittish accent and the one's in "Aurora" spoke with an American accent. The brittish accent gave them the perfect "ancient" feel, as for the aurora crew, they didn't seem like ancients at all. I was somewhat disappointed that Aurora was as wonderous as Before I sleep. I still love any episode where we get to see the ancestors as they really were.
                        "This city will survive for another ten thousand years..."

Comment

Originally posted by Janus_Ancient
                          I don't see why the Ancients in "Before I sleep" all spoke with a brittish accent and the one's in "Aurora" spoke with an American accent. The brittish accent gave them the perfect "ancient" feel, as for the aurora crew, they didn't seem like ancients at all. I was somewhat disappointed that Aurora was as wonderous as Before I sleep. I still love any episode where we get to see the ancestors as they really were.
                          Maybe the ones in Aurora had moved to a 'new' world ...

Comment

How come in the episode Aurora the Ancients were so...human?? How come they werent all like the super-evolved Ancients we know and love? Like that one (Ali-something)they left in stasis in Antarctica?They were just to simply human.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                            Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                            the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                            Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Because only people who are seeking englightenment and the path to ascension develop those abilities.
                              "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

They didn't do anything to indicate that they weren't super advanced. Using their powers seem to drain them, and so it would seem that they wouldn't want to use them unless they had to.

Comment

Working...
                                X