No announcement yet.

Trinity (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, you appear to have missed something of what was going on. The gun wasn't the focus of the show, it was the different type of ZPM that powered it that was the problem. The gun was powered by the device, and when it overloaded the gun would fire to use up the excess energy. The ZPM was supposed to draw its energy from this space time continium meaning it wouldn't run out, as the existing ZPMs do. But the new ZPM was unstable and difficult to control. The ancients couldn't control the reaction and it went out of control causing some sort of energy to be released which swept over the planet, wiping out the population. Silly McKay thought he was smarter than the ancient designers and his ego resulted in the device overloading and blowing up a large part of that solar system.

Comment

I really like the episode 'Trinity'. i thought the idea of having an unlimited power source would be great. So i began to spectulate on how you could make it work. So here my idea:

What if the ancinets used energy absorbing material like Anbuis super-soliders had to make up the shielding in chamber that housed the new zpm. Anbuis did gain that technology from his knowledge of the ancients. But my idea dosent stop there.
      ...So we have a stronger shielding of the zpm, but doesnt stop the enomours energy that created. In the episode with that creature that was trapped in a container so that the Anicents could study it. The container was similar to the zpm, in that it used subspace to hold the eneity. So theroically size was not a matter. Now with that, what if you could use that same technology to help control the 'bleeding', if you so will, that hte tremodus energy was produce. The excessive energy could be filter into subspace.
      And finally my third idea was to use a time-dialtion field. It would be used to relay commands from controls before given and as a last resort measure to halt or slow down a deadly catsophy. The time-dialtion field would be somewhere in-between the control interface and the reactor. if the ancients needed to shut down the reactor way before the danger level, they could set the field to increase time inside therefor the command to shut down activate without the distubering exotic energy been generated. and visa versa, before eniment desturction, the field could be set to slow time within the chamber to slow the overload.

i know i'm no scientist or expert and that my ideas are more spectative and even more like setting up a fanfiction of how the new zpm could be improved. But still it would have cool to have an inexhaustable power source.

Comment

Interesting ideas, especially for your first post!

Inexhaustible power would be cool, but maybe that would be too much of a good thing. We'd never have to stop blowing the Wraith out of the sky cuz we ran out of power.

Maybe if we had this wonderful power source, it would turn into one of those Absolute Power (the SG-1 ep) things.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
        O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I agree with Jill_Ion but welcome to gateworld 5thraceusher
          sigpic

Comment

Hey thnxs for the reply. its good to be here. The idea came together b/c of my interest. i agree, 'to much of a good thing would be bad.'

But i was thinking the Ancients could made it work, maybe the Ori could too. Instead of using a blackhole to keep open a supergate, maybe a refined and controld verison of the Project Arcturus could be used to open the gate. Or, get this, open a perfect gateway through any distance. A wormhole without the extreme gravitational tidal forces. The stargates use subspace and send matter through to be reassembled. But, how about having a wormhole w/o the stargate itself? A wormhole, - where you could see perfectly on the other side. We know from physics, it would take an enomous amount of energy or some form of exotic energy to create that ideal wormhole w/o the gravitational tidal forces. This energy would be used to keep the gravitation tidal wave forces from enclosing the passing object, taking out the event horizon and that 'waterly' appreance of the gravitation forces. Essentially taking out the stargate it self. Oops...Just spiting ideas out there.

Comment

this episode is brilliant and Mckay being wrong is something i think should of happened sooner or later. sheppard losing respect in his decisions was something i was hoping to happen to add more depth to the show, which it did imo

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Probabily the best thing i liked about this, is it showed that even rodney makes mistakes, and is not infallable..
                I agree; Atlantis scientists are not like Carter, they are human.

McKay's arrogance in this episode (expecially when maltreat Zelenka) reminded me when I was at high school: I used to have a great ego during math lessons and I said almost the same words to my best friend, and that scene makes me feel sad every time.
                sigpic
                Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

why would that facility have ladders to get down into the control room. why not transporters....well unless the doors and transporters were diabled/detroyed

Comment

I'm not sure if I like the idea of McKay getting things wrong

lol, great episode nonetheless.
                    drunk Ronan is kinda funny
                    "I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe... and I wanna eat pie!"
                    Twitter | Myspace | Facebook | Youtube | Steam | Last.fm | Flixster | Fazz's Blog

Comment

Trinity..so, good ep. In my opinion Rodney isnt as much to blame for this as one automatically assumes. Yes he was very arrogant about it, but he honestly thought he had the equations correct. My problem is more with Dr. Weir, I think that Caldwell is right in telling her that her problems was that the Ancients couldn't figure it out, but that doesnt necessarily mean we cant. Like Rodney said if we backed down on ever scientic endevour just because it was dangerous where would we be. I dont think anyone is this episode really behaved very rationally and if theres blame, theres blame to be spread around. Thoughts?

Comment

I bet if Rodney HAD managed to get the thing to work, he would have been praised and patted on the back..but as we know he didn't and the rest is history.
                        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                          I bet if Rodney HAD managed to get the thing to work, he would have been praised and patted on the back..but as we know he didn't and the rest is history.
                          were would be the fun in that, tell the wraith we moved atalntis and draw them to the planet and presto, no more wraith.

Comment

I really enjoyed this ep. I like how McKay's overconfidence was shown and the effects it had.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

not one of my favorites. showed some more of Ronon's story, which is good, and showed the bad side of Rodney.
                              sigpic

Comment

So... I have got an idea... the trinity energy system (named after episode as the power source never got named) is pretty much press a button and solar system goes bye bye.... so why not build a ship like the size of the deadalus.... pack it to the brim with those weapons.... fit one trinity device.... point at big big BIG baddy.... Job done...... and a pretty light show.....

Comment

Working...
                                X