Trinity (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Ingram View Post
    I really, really love this episode and I think this is the best episode for McKay and Sheppard and there friendship. I think it's really great to see McKay fail because it makes him human and eventually his ego would get in the way and cause a problem. It's also great because as Damian Kindler says McKay is kicked were it hurts, in science. It isn't about him not being able to run fast or shoot a gun, but being wrong in his own field were he feels he can do no wrong. It's also kind of like the in Grace Under Pressure
    I agree that this was a GREAT ep for Mckay, and it was really important for us to see him fail, he needed to be knocked back off his pedestal- just a bit, to prove that he's right. That he isn't Superman.

And that conversation between Mckay and Weir at the end about how much of the solar system was destroyed, priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      I agree that this was a GREAT ep for Mckay, and it was really important for us to see him fail, he needed to be knocked back off his pedestal- just a bit, to prove that he's right. That he isn't Superman.

And that conversation between Mckay and Weir at the end about how much of the solar system was destroyed, priceless.
      Yeah that was great at the end
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

A great McKay episode but yet not my most favorite episode. This episodes shows that Rondey does need to be protected from himself sometimes, and part of why he needs friends. I do think after Collins death I do think Rodney was doing more work with the weapon to make his death have meaning more so then glory. I know once he got working, his excitment over took that, whcih is why he needs to be protected from himself.

This was also a wonderful John/Rodney, John/Elizabeth episode. This episode again show cased the bond, faith, and trust she has in John. I don't think anyone else could have gotten her to say yes. Rodney knows this This episode showed me Rodney really does want John as his friend and thinks a lot of him. More often then not I don't get John returning that feeling but the scene when he went to bat for Rodney showed me he does care about their friendship.

Am I the only one who see a Ronan/Teyla ship forming? He's more of himself around her, well I think that hope of himself, I don't really know who he really is and what he acts like around friends but I think but well you get what I'm saying. I think he does feel bad for lying to Teyla even though he doesn't reget killing the man. I think he wants her friendship and repsect.

Caldwell annoyed me in this episode. Like most episodes I felt really bad for Radek Zelenka, in some ways he reminds me of Dr. Lee on SG1 he always gets dumped on or ironged(sp), thought Elizabeth does listen to him and is very nice to him, as well as Telya is.
        Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

After watching this episode, it occurred to me, do you think what Ronon did to his old commander will come back and haunt the team, somewhere further down the line?

: Green is Good.
          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

I liked this episode but there were a couple of things that had me thinking. With the weapon stuck in one place couldn't the Wraith just orbit on the other side of the planet so they won't get hit? Also are the Daedalus' shields powerful enough to take the weapons blasts? I remember the episode Prometheus Unbound the ship only took a few blasts from a few small ships and the shields went down. OK i know they are different ships but the shields shouldn't be that different.

Comment

Trinity is probably one of my most favourite episodes, after the siege part 3.

Comment

Actually, the shield should be stronger on the Deady since the Prommie was just a prototype, of a sort.

And the Deady survived quite a few hits from the weapon when it was acting as a shield for Shep and McKay.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  If you compare 'Ethon' and 'Camelot' you realise just how superior the 304 shields are to the Prommy ones

Comment

Finding the Ancient weapons outpost was cool.

McKay was very arrogant in thinking that he could solve all the power and technical problems of the weapon, even though the ancients had tried for longer and failed. As a result he blew up 3/4 of a solar system.

It was good to see that Sheppard didnt forgive him straight away, and said that it would take time for McKay to earn his trust again.

Ronon murdering that guy from his world interesting. Its hard to know what is right and wrong when trying to seek justice with traitors such as that guy.

Overall it was quite a good ep. Well written and acted
                    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                      Finding the Ancient weapons outpost was cool.

McKay was very arrogant in thinking that he could solve all the power and technical problems of the weapon, even though the ancients had tried for longer and failed. As a result he blew up 3/4 of a solar system.

It was good to see that Sheppard didnt forgive him straight away, and said that it would take time for McKay to earn his trust again.

Ronon murdering that guy from his world interesting. Its hard to know what is right and wrong when trying to seek justice with traitors such as that guy.

Overall it was quite a good ep. Well written and acted
                      It is- I LOVE the Mckay Weir dressing down at the end, that was priceless. And the commentary for this one is pretty good as well, some interesting stuff in there, watched/listened this afternoon.

Comment

Great episode! Really liked this part:

: You destroyed three quarters of a solar system!
                        : Look. Five sixths...but its not an exact science.
                        : Rodney! Can you Give your ego a rest for one second!?
                        spoilers for unending:
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by lunapasa View Post
                          Great episode! Really liked this part:

: You destroyed three quarters of a solar system!
                          : Look. Five sixths...but its not an exact science.
                          : Rodney! Can you Give your ego a rest for one second!?
                          Possibley the best exchange of the series.....

Comment

Probabily the best thing i liked about this, is it showed that even rodney makes mistakes, and is not infallable..

Comment

I think Trinity is a great episode. I adore McKay, flaws and all(and he certainly showed us those flaws here.....excessive confidence, condescension towards others like poor Zelenka). Being wrong should be good for Rodney. He needs to realize that he's fallible like everybody else.

What I found best about this episode were the more emotional moments like Rodney talking about losing Collins and especially the closing scene with Sheppard and Rodney. Even though he screwed up, I felt bad for Rodney. He thought he could do it and wanted to so badly(his excitement/happiness at the beginning of the episode was infectious and wonderful to see).
                              We see in Trinity just how important Sheppard is to McKay. He wants Sheppard to trust him and believe in him. He must really respect John.
                              Hewlett is amazing again, showing all McKay's emotions on his face.
                              I admit that I teared up during this episode.

Comment

I just re-Watched it last nigth and it is a great character episode.

However if that weapon was ment to be super powerful and destroyed the planet then thye cool have designed it better. It looked too cartoon like and like an oversized water pistol.
                                I don't see how its little blue lazer beams could have detoryed the city around the planet. I mean what about any other cities on the other side of the planet?
                                If it was a massive Ion beam, energy ball gun, wave gun or even looked more serious like the big ball gun on Hoth from The Empire Strikes back i would have takern it more seriouly.

Great Episode, Great CGI in space, Rubbish Space Gun
                                sigpic
                                Banner Made By Me for Me
                                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X