No announcement yet.

Trinity (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes it did resemble that alos but i don't think the cannon was acient only the power source
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

It looked like a mini-Tollan ion cannon to me, but I didn't recognize that at first. But like has been mentioned before, I think the Ancients were just powering native devices.

Comment

agreed, i think the ancients were just powering the native peoples weapon, with there super dangerous power source
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

This episode was ok but with the Rodney side of things it seemed doomed from the starta and you could tell what was going to happen (although it was funny when you could hear him gettting told of by Dr Wier). But the great points were it had the ace chunky dude from Lost in it and it had Ronon dex and his Blaster thats just as cool as school.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Time to put my $0.02 in (even though the US/Euro conversion is killing me!).

The whole Ronon/Teyla debate: I'll take a pass also, except to comment that the seemed to go into an alternative time dimension, because it seemed like they passed a day or two on the planet while a whole month had to pass for Rodney and the gang on the planet...especially in the music montage scene in the laboratory after McKay got the go-ahead to continue more extensive research--notice how people's clothes change--especially the fact that Zelenka goes from a lab coat to an expedition coat and others have also obviously changed clothes, at least once.

McKay's arrogance: actually, I'm gonna go right out and say it: AWESOME!!! Now, while I've only got a PhD in one of those "voodoo" science fields, I have been fortunate(?) enough to have met several laureates--Nobel and otherwise (Howard Hughes Medical Institute, AAAS, etc). If anything, David Hewlett is *underplaying* McKay's arrogance. Really. Going on the grounds that McKay is supposed to be a Nobel-level research mind, he really has a lot less of the arrogance than I've experienced from researchers of that level. (except for this last episode, and his guest roles on SG-1). Read some of James Watson's autobiographies if you don't believe me. And the arguments between McKay and Zelenka, in both the music montage (where they're scribbling on a clearboard with a marker and screaming math stuff at each other) before the death of Collins and later on when Zelenka brought up his concerns to Weir were priceless! And again, absolutely dead-on. Cringeworthy, yes, but really great science-acting (hmmm...I'm making up phrases now). And from what I've experienced about the "hard" sciences (physics, math, engineering), the BMIS (big men of science--yes, I'm female, and no, you don't hear of BWIS) of those fields are even more arrogant (you could say astronomically so ). And the absolute god-worthiness of McKay's belief--understandable. In fact, one of my few long-standing gripes about SG-1 is Carter's lack of scientific snootiness--don't even get me started about the end of season 8. I just write it off that she's had to tone it down since she's in the military.

As for the interactions between McKay and Sheppard: You'd think Sheppard would have heard of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle and known enough to realize that a physicist would *NEVER* say something was absolute!

Back to lurk mode...
            It may look like I'm doing nothing, but on the cellular level I'm really *quite* busy.

Comment

I got this question from a reveiw

Originally posted by Taylor Brown
              I wonder if there will be any fallout to this destruction other than McKay's failure and his need for others to believe in his abilities. What if that solar system was inhabited? This a little more serious that the lead scientist screwing up
              Will anyone ever notice that there is now a solar system missing? And if you time it right what a light show it would be in the sky, but about 6 years later.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

A light show lol

I dont think the solar system was inhabited or else they would have mentioned it
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

^^ Maybe they didn't know

Comment

True they would have mentioned if the solar system was inhabited, if it was i dont think mckay would be himself ever again, he would of gone crazy or something if it was his actions that killed countless 1000's
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

The fact that the solar system was not inhabited means nothing to me, so it was earth at some point, 10000 years are nothing in planetary scale, a inhabited world at 500 grade celsius today and poisonous gases, can be as charming as earth when million years passes, so IMHO, exploding a whole solar system is a big big tragedy

Sabre

Comment

m`kay was an idiot ...
                        all those around him told him he was wrong... he didn`t listen
                        how could he imagine he could perfect ancient technology ...
                        how could he assume they misscalculated and he can compensate
                        MANUALY....

I think he should go and do something else Manualy cause he surley
                        can`t do it in any other way.....

and why didn`t they even think about asking the Asgards?... its clearly they are more intelligent.... their intellect can`t even fit in a human head...

atlantis has major plot holes ... i liked it at the beggining but it hasn`t grown since then ...

Comment

I would like to know more about the Derandens, whatever their name was, why were they so important to the Ancients, that they would attempt to make use of the most powerful power source, were they all on the path to ascension, or were they the most advanced race in Pegasus, other than the Ancients and the Wraith. Tollan Ion Canon, yes very similar, I wonder if they had phase shift technology too, why didn't they just power the weapon using ZPM's, what did the Ancients figure that was overkill, up until the point they killed everyone on the planet.

Comment

zpms could be rare
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Sol4rDust
                              m`kay was an idiot ...
                              all those around him told him he was wrong... he didn`t listen
                              how could he imagine he could perfect ancient technology ...
                              how could he assume they misscalculated and he can compensate
                              MANUALY....

I think he should go and do something else Manualy cause he surley
                              can`t do it in any other way.....

and why didn`t they even think about asking the Asgards?... its clearly they are more intelligent.... their intellect can`t even fit in a human head...

atlantis has major plot holes ... i liked it at the beggining but it hasn`t grown since then ...
                              As obvious as it was that McKay was being irrational, Sheppard should have stopped him like he promised Weir. That is the biggest plot hole in this story.

Comment

i'm rewatching "Trinity" on the SGA marathon and couldn't help but think the weapon on the planet was like the movie "Spiderman 2" Its a giant sphere of energy thats constantly expanding and changing molecules.

It also can't be stopped plus mckay was like dr. octopus with being obsessed with his work and thinking this could be a new power source LOL
                                the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

Working...
                                X