Trinity (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    I found the scene at the end where Rodney asks for John's forgiveness very emotional. Rodney was so afraid that John had lost faith in him. He was practically begging John to forgive him. He knew it wasn't going to be easy, that he would have to earn John's trust again. But he wanted to know if he had a chance to make it right, if he had a chance to earn John's trust back. John could see how much Rodney was hurting. Rodney didn't do anything out of maliciousness. Rodney was wrong, and knowing that he could be wrong in the one thing he thought he knew, physics, must have shook Rodney to the core.
    So very, very, very true.

I practically got teary...which is VERY out of character for me.

The dialog at the end of the episode doesn't tell the whole story. You had to see the looks on Rodney's and John's faces to fully appreciate the impact of the scene. You had to hear Rodney's voice break as he spoke to John.

Very, very, very true.

Rodney: Because, honestly, I would, I would hate to think that recent events would have permanetly dimmed your faith in my abilities. Or your trust. At the very least I hope I can, I can earn that back.

John: That may take a while.

Rodney: I see.

John: But, I'm sure you can do it, if you really, really try.

And the emotions that played across Rodney's face as the transporter took John away were so, so...

How can you say there was no emotion there?
    Believe it or not, my brother (who has been watching Atlantis & SG as long as i have...which is from season SG onwards) and who usually has a simlar view of things to me, thought there was no emotion between Shep & Mckay *whatsoever*.

He thought the only thing Rodney was emotional about was the death of the scientist, and that nothing in this episode reflected in any way on Shep and McKay's personal relationship, but that the ep was purely and exclusively about their professional relationship.

Personally, i can't even fathom how such an interpretation is even remotely possible...I'm with you on the voice-breaking.

Just the fact that he went to shep's *personal quarters* and asked him - no, practically begged him - to back him up...that, to me, was a personal favour.

And while Shep seems to be playing things down, making light of his own anger, i think he's definitely disappointed in Rodney.

And just the fact that he was obviously vigorously avoiding Rodney tells me that he must have guessed Rodney would want to make things right and that he didn't really want to have that conversation.

So to me, that ending was the most emotional moment in the season so far...quite possibly in the entire series (except maybe for Gaul's death).

ETA: I think I might go take this to the Shep-McKay discussion thread...

Comment

to Callie:

So you are one of those people who make the transcripts. I don't know what is your purpose, but for my understanding is bloody useful, since I'm still improving my english.

Right now I get the 80% of the chapters in the first time I watch and 90% the second time. Of course things like the pastries are very difficult for me to get (and seemingly to you aswell), other words were difficult to get, you'll find funny to know that the first time I listened "Hallowed are the Orii" I actually understood "How loud are the Orii" . So, THANK YOU for the bloody great work you do!

Sabre

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
        Rodney, his arrogance, and zeal to succeed was bordering on insanity. It became more of him winning some prize, or a certain amount of acceptance in the scientific community, than actually figuring out what went wrong, because there was no reason for him not to listen to Zelenka, but there was also no reason for Weir to allow him to continue, after showing so much spine last week in "Condemned," I don't see why she just didn't order the two to return to Atlantis, but it made a good ending for the show.
        And therein lies the problem. The characters aren't acting in a way to serve the characters, or even in a way to serve the situation. They're acting in that way to serve the writers, at the cost of being plausible. I mean, I know this is fiction, but at the very least, you still need to have the characters act in a way that's believable.

For instance, what if the ending has the Wrath coming by for another visit, and Rodney had to inititiate the destruction on purpose in order to prevent them taking control of the facility? A bit cliche, I'll grant you, but certainly more credible than what we saw.

Comment

Completely pointless I know but Teyla was trading for flax which is made into linen cloth not food
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
            About this scene you mentioned? Weir struck me as being contrary for its own sake, and thinking through things extremely poorly.
            Actually, what really threw me is when they were arguing and she snapped out "Isn't the Daedalus going to be leaving soon?" or something similar. That comment just seemed so...catty. Elizabeth isn't catty, at least not so far as I've seen. She better not be, she's a top negotiator, FCOL. That comment was too out of character for me.

HelLO, the Wraith are still out there. They menace many worlds even if Atlantis is safe for now. The weapon is incredibly valuable.
            Agreed, though other posters have wondered why all the testing was done at such a frenzied pace. Were they in that big of a time crunch that there couldn't have been extra days, weeks, even months set aside to go over data? I don't understand why Rodney would have rushed through things and I really don't understand why everyone else would let him. Yes it moved the plot forward, but it sacrificed some reality in the process.

Mitch played that scene with confidence and style. His body language, and the little laugh he had in "Yes. I do." was just excellent stuff.
            Best line from him so far, IMO.

I wish Caldwell and Weir would work their little issues out and then rip their clothes off and. .... oh, I'm sorry, was I typing out loud?
            Hee. While I'm not at that point just yet, I do enjoy the dynamic he brings to the show. He's basically replaced Shep as the agonist for Weir (which is too bad, as I liked the Shep/Weir conflict) and I like seeing the "non-main cast member" point of view. Let's just hope they keep him as an intelligent agonist and don't bring him down to simple "jerk". How many eps does he have left?

Comment

Should've just taken the weapon and added our own power source =)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                Completely pointless I know but Teyla was trading for flax which is made into linen cloth not food
                It's multipurpose !

Comment

I really liked this episode. I really liked the enthusiasm of McKay and Zelenka at the beginning. And the look on Shep's face when they were talking to Weir.

The scene where Caldwell and Shep were trying to persuade Weir to let McKay go back to work on the weapon -- I thought how like the military to immediately want to grab this weapon without having further tests done.

I also loved the ending when McKay appoligizes to Shep and he knows that he lost some of Shep's trust.

Comment

I give up.....I've been trying to respond to various questions posed in this thread for the past 2 hours, but everytime I finish my treatise, it won't post. I was trying to explain WHY the episode was called Trinity...in a nut shell, it had to do with the Manhattan project......sorry, my original explanation was great, but I'm not typing out 4 paragraphs again.

As for Ronon......there is so much bias on this thread and others, about his actions, I'm not even going to try to state what should be obvious. Ronon was seeking and extracted revenge. A very understandable and human emotion. He did not expect to find a former commrade there, on the planet, when he originally decided to go with Teyla, he did not expect to hear about 300 plus survivors of the destruction of his homeworld, nor did he expect to hear that his former friend and "trainer", a traitor, was not only living, but prospering.

Yes, he took advantage of the situation and unfortunately Teyla, to extract his revenge, but SHE understood, didn't she?

I won't go further, I have no wish to be flammed and after reading many of the posts and dealing with others on other threads, I'd simply be spitting into the wind.

Ronon is a very complex character, obviously too complex for many to try to understand. I see that they prefer the black and white of a character with no deep emotions, opinions or motivations. Perhaps tptb shoud be made aware of this.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Hi, just popping in to say that I agree with Derrick that Ronon is abusive towards Teyla.

I'm not sure it fits in the social category of battered woman but I think everyone can agree that he has been a nuisance to her on this mission.

This is why I regret that quite a few personnal attacks on Derrick as a poster have not been moderated. Derrick just expressed an opinion about the show and didn't call any other poster stupid or things like that.
                      No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
                      I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
                      Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Furling God
                        Hi, just popping in to say that I agree with Derrick that Ronon is abusive towards Teyla.
                        I really don't understand where you or anyone else gets that, but okay. It takes all types, and we all have opinions . . . .

Comment

I'm not sure it fits in the social category of battered woman but I think everyone can agree that he has been a nuisance to her on this mission.

This is why I regret that quite a few personnal attacks on Derrick as a poster have not been moderated. Derrick just expressed an opinion about the show and didn't call any other poster stupid or things like that.
                          FurlingGod, what exactly do YOU have against the character ( and I do so hope it's just the character) of Ronon Dex, because every post you have made on the subject has not only been negative, but bordering on offensive.

Dex was never abusive towards Teyla, period. And Teyla is quite able to take care of herself and as for being a nuisance......that's the way the story was written. She made her feelings known to Dex. It was an excellent episode, because of the many different facets of Dex, Teyla, Rodney and Shep being shown.

Grow up.
                          Last edited by Lida; 22 August 2005, 12:42 PM.
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Well can *you* support this argument with facts and a logical explanation that connects those facts into 'abusive alcoholic violent relationship'? Because he utterly failed to do so.

And no, being a 'nuisance' is not the same as what Derrick said. At all.
                            ~*~*~*~*~*
                            not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre
                              "How loud are the Orii" .
                              LOL!! That is so funny--do you mind if I borrow it?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Reading all the comments on here have left me with just two things to add...

1. Why did Weir trust McKay's judgement? Because he's not steered her wrong up until now. In fact he's saved their collective arses so many times with one incredible idea after another I think even she is guilty of thinking he can do anything.

2. Some people have said that Rodney's obsessiveness/actions were unrealistic. But I've got the feeling that the guy has never led an exactly realisitic life. This is the guy who built a working model of an atomic bomb when he was 11! I don't think he's had a normal life at all and I think that has screwed his thinking. He's too intelligent for his own good. He can't see the woods for the trees. He needs this knocking down to basically get him back to thinking like the rest of us mere mortals. I mean, he's likely been told all his life how amazingly clever he is. I'm surprised he's as normal as he appears to be!
                                sigpic
                                by Kaaatie

Comment

Working...
                                X