No announcement yet.

Condemned (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched this the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were many funny moments which you've all mentioned and some serious issues as well.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that we Canadians who don't have TMN(it's weird that The Movie Network is doing the first run Atlantis shows rather than Space) have to wait more than a year after the shows air on Sci-fi to see them on regular cable. I think I might cry. I know that the Space channel and City-tv are currently showing Season 2.

With any luck, we'll have Season 3 on dvd by September, just as Season 4 premieres(even though I'll have to wait forever for Season 4).

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
      Just watched this the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were many funny moments which you've all mentioned and some serious issues as well.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that we Canadians who don't have TMN(it's weird that The Movie Network is doing the first run Atlantis shows rather than Space) have to wait more than a year after the shows air on Sci-fi to see them on regular cable. I think I might cry. I know that the Space channel and City-tv are currently showing Season 2.

With any luck, we'll have Season 3 on dvd by September, just as Season 4 premieres(even though I'll have to wait forever for Season 4).
      TMN simpley outbid SPACE for the show, and SPACE couldn't afford to match their offer. I really hope the same doesn't happen for the next Stargate series or I really will cry.

Definitely remaining optimistic for a fall release of the S3 DVD, and then yes, it's another full year after that til we get season four.

Comment

Oh.........damn! I wonder what The Movie Network costs.

I've thought about downloading episodes on Itunes. It's $2 for each one so it works out about the same as the cost of the box set. And I think you can only watch on your computer, not burn them to DVD(or am I wrong?).

At least I'm not the only one suffering!

Comment

Oh.........damn! I wonder what The Movie Network costs.

I've thought about downloading episodes on Itunes. It's $2 for each one so it works out about the same as the cost of the box set. And I think you can only watch on your computer, not burn them to DVD(or am I wrong?).

At least I'm not the only one suffering!
          Sharing in the suffering is.....still suffering.

I think the movie network was along the lines of $30/month (though I could be wrong), which I think is just ridiculous for watching one show- that comes to roughly $7.50 per episode if that's all you watch the channel for.....

Comment

$30 a month is crazy for only one show. I guess it'll be rewatching what I have over and over for awhile.

I can't even find any streaming episodes anywhere. All the links for Atlantis are broken and the videos no longer available.

Comment

$30 a month is crazy for only one show. I guess it'll be rewatching what I have over and over for awhile.

I can't even find any streaming episodes anywhere. All the links for Atlantis are broken and the videos no longer available.
              Yes.....thank goodness for DVD, at least we have the wonderful season two set to enjoy.....over.....and over.....and.....oh this is just getting depressing.

Comment

I loved this episode! Im an avid Weir fan so i loved to see her offworld - those few moments with Lorne when she took command offworld... MAGIC! I had chills when i was watching it!! The music here was amazing - especially with surround sound! Love Weir even more in moments like this.

Really enjoyed the plot - that Wraith was amazing. Really enjoyed more of an insight into differant levels of the wraith community - and the food! How freaky was that?! Felt like i was watching a SciFi version of hannible... really loved the moments when he was just casually chatting about the finer things in life, and about the chef tasting better than his food. This i feel added an extra dynamic to the Wraith - made me want to see more, especially of this wraith or wraith like him.

The character moments in this episode were - i feel - very well rounded. Everyone had their moments, everyone got some development - but i didnt like the leader of the prisoners and i felt they could have better explained his way too simple judgement of McKays character... perhaps looking at the quick ending, the episode ran over and they had to cut out some scenes?

Speaking of the ending i would have much prefered it to be more developed instead of being so sudden... seemed rushed.

Anyways - LOVED the episode, definetly one of my faves!
                Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. - Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I do wish they would have gone back to those prisoners we freed, and seen what reprocussions there were from all of them getting out. WHile some may have only been there for 'feeding the wraith' i do believe some were there for their crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    I do wish they would have gone back to those prisoners we freed, and seen what reprocussions there were from all of them getting out. WHile some may have only been there for 'feeding the wraith' i do believe some were there for their crimes.
                    It was a good episode- but it is one that I could do without some follow up for. Unless it was follow up that wasn't entirly set on this planet, or involved a bigger story than just "what happened after".

Comment

Well like they did with Lanndria, the destroyer of worlds that SG1 released, they went back to her in a later season (iirc 4)... They should have shown what happened with those prisoners freed. While i am sure some went back to bring bad boys, some may have joined up with us.

Comment

It was an interesting episode.
                        We saw something more about the Wraith and about what different people may do to avoid them. Some hide, like the Genii, some give them their prisoners to be fed upon,
                        Spoiler:
                        some even worship them

It's interesting because thus we find out more about ourselves.
                        What would you do if your world were constantly culled by the Wraith? That's an interesting question to ask ourselves and shows us human nature, unfortunatelly. Many wouldn't hesitate and do exactly what those people did.

I liked Elizabeth a lot, she was decided, strong and diplomat.

It was a good episode.
                        sigpic

Comment

I see this thread hasn't been active since september, but as I'm suffering from a great boredom, I decided to write an estimation of this ep I watched yesterday, though few will ever read this.

This was very good episode and I enjoyed every second of it.

That leader of Olesia was big idiot. Though I actually understand his government's way to handle the situation with the wraith. That's actually what I'd do, but in the end I'd prefer fighting back rather than sending people on the island without reason. That was cowardy action from the leader of a big country.

Those prisoners to be sacrifised for "the better people" were quite cool lot. That weaponry system they had designed was rather cool, and effective too.

I also liked Ronon's performance in this episode. He played his part in "convincing" way and surprised me with his actions. He truly is a bit hostile, but yet so kind-hearted at the same time. I don't know how to say it better way, so that will have to do. So that's pretty amusing.

Sheppard showed great skills of leadership in this episode, and there's very few times I've seen him being so official that he was in front of that Olesian president guy.

The team also showed how to play together and their escape scene was quite fascinating. I was also surprised to see how good Teyla is in hand-to-hand combat. I mean, I always knew she's good, but those things she did with her sticks, were rather amazing.

Weir was also impressive with her speach to president of Olesia. She really is talented in speaking. I'd hoped that we would've seen more of her in this ep, but it was already so great ep, that I shall not wish too much at one time, or I'll start thinking that other eps suck

McKay didn't make so big impact in this episode. He was just normal McKay. So... By those thoughts I can only come to one conclusion. This episode was amazing. Actually one of the best I've seen in SGA.

I'd rate this: ****½ / *****

Big thanks to production team for this unbelievably great episode!

Sig made by SueKay

Comment

i thought that they would of been able to put up a great fight against the wraith with them nifty little ships they have. i love ronan in this episode too it's the episode where he settles into the team properly imo

Comment

wouldnt the wraith have used Olesia as a source of technology as well, that wraith could have upgraded his tech with theirs and defeated other wraith, im sure the olesians would be more than happy to help produce technology to defeat wraith

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                                wouldnt the wraith have used Olesia as a source of technology as well, that wraith could have upgraded his tech with theirs and defeated other wraith, im sure the olesians would be more than happy to help produce technology to defeat wraith
                                I tend to agree with you.
                                I don't believe that the Olesians were necessarily 'bad guys',
                                they were just doing what they had to do to survive I guess

great episode though
                                "I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe... and I wanna eat pie!"
                                Twitter | Myspace | Facebook | Youtube | Steam | Last.fm | Flixster | Fazz's Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X