Duet (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    The weapon testing scene made me laugh, when he whips out his gun and blows the middle of the paper away
    Dex: I prefer this (pulls gun and shoots)
    Shep: (leans sideways looks through hole) I can see why
    Oh god, this was fantastic.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      I'm leaning more and more towards the infamous Gollum scene having been filmed so that David said all of McKay's lines and then went back and said all of Cadman's lines and then they just spliced them together. It'd explain a few things- like why they'd use such an annoyingly distracting tactic... and how McKay could go red so fast.
      Yes I agree with you here. They do look like they were filmed separately. I still am not sure it works though, I really did feel visually distracted by the camera angles. I would've like it better if he was arguing with the voice he could hear in his head rather than her taking over his body here, just my opinion though.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
        I still am not sure it works though, I really did feel visually distracted by the camera angles. I would've like it better if he was arguing with the voice he could hear in his head rather than her taking over his body here, just my opinion though.
        Oh, I definitely agree. It's the one part of the ep that I didn't like. I mean, the argument itself was great, but the changing camera angles and whatnot took a lot away from that scene.

Comment

Couple more bits I thought of while doing the ep synopsis for my website.

1. Zelenka was ordering the scientis around in Czech. Any evidence that any of the scientists even spoke Czech?

2. Cadman was a bit thick in dealing with Beckett while in McKay's body. Promoting yourself while in the guise of your target's good friend is definately a nice trick(though if I was in a similar position, I'd at least ask the body's current occupant for permission first). Doing the come-on moves you'd do as if you were in your own body is a waste of time though.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I forgot to mention that I actually was a trifle surprised at the scene where Cadman took over McKays body to kiss Katie Brown. As a woman, if a man suddenly became very suave and cocky,telling me he was REALLY interested in me,then leant me over backwards and snogged me unexpectedly I would not be amused or flattered. I find it rather bizarre that a woman would actually think another woman would like this, especially on a 1st date in front of somebody else! It was, I suppose funny to see on screen, but not really credible. The majority of women prefer conversation before such a physical display! Then again maybe I'm being a bit harsh, as the storyline is hardly credible anyway, certainly not in RL! I know, it's scifi!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
              Couple more bits I thought of while doing the ep synopsis for my website.

1. Zelenka was ordering the scientis around in Czech. Any evidence that any of the scientists even spoke Czech?
              Was he ordering them around?! I thought he was muttering expletives...

2. Cadman was a bit thick in dealing with Beckett while in McKay's body. Promoting yourself while in the guise of your target's good friend is definately a nice trick(though if I was in a similar position, I'd at least ask the body's current occupant for permission first). Doing the come-on moves you'd do as if you were in your own body is a waste of time though.
              The problem with Cadman is that we really didn't know enough about her to really empathize with her plight or feel her frustration.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

This is such a funny episode, seeing McKay getting fustrated is just downright funny, Dr fumblesmcstupid, lol. The Sheppard/Dex thing is pretty interesting too, they have a cool relationshuip.
                sigpic

Comment

The funniest bit was the two kissing scenes. To see RODNEY MCKAY (caps intended) actually KISSING a girl was amazing. That was David Hewletts best ever Atalatis episode.

The relantionship between Dex and Sheppard was great, the targets was hilarius!

10 out of 10!
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    Was he ordering them around?! I thought he was muttering expletives...

Well I was looking through the transcript and someone had translated the Czech as "Well, OK then, come on kids, go go go. We have to finish this one! Let's get going! Hurry!"
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I dunno. If I was in that situation and someone started yelling at ME in a foreign language, I'd assume he was saying something along the lines of "Get your asses in gear and get back to work! Pronto!" I don't think he was necessarily expecting himself to be understood, but they ARE geniuses, so he knew they'd get the point.

Comment

Wow, just saw this on Sky. Great acting by Hewlitt and props for what is Stargate's first same sex kiss as far I recall.

I can't say the Dex subplot thrills me though. The whole lot seemed 'OTT Dex is teh Ub3r!!!' Stuff. To think they have this guy insted of devolping, oh, I don't know TEYLA or FORD!
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

I am glad they brought in Dex, I would rather have a character with a lot of possible development than Ford, who IMHO did not. Super Ford has some great potential but I prefer his character being in just a few episodes, that way he doesnt get overused and boring. Teyla is developing, but she seems to be the character that needs a long time to develop properly, like Teal'c for example.
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Yes, Dex seems like he is going to be a pretty interesting character and I can see his relationship with Teyla being quite interesting. We've already seen a bit of friction between the triangle so that'll be fun.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                              Actually, I thought the best line of the whole show was in the scene where they were experimenting with the mice. They get beamed back rather charred looking! Shep says "I'm no scientist, but those mice used to be a different colour!" Ha!!

I loved that scene with the mice! So funny!
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

lol that was funny, I am surprised no one has sparked up with "that promotes cruel animal testing" Good job no one said it because now we are free to laugh at the mice made of charcoal
                                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                                X