No announcement yet.

Runner (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was the episode that made me love SGA. I watched the whole of season 1 and enjoyed the season well enough, but I never found a character that I really loved. The moment Ronon burst onto the scene in Runner I knew I was hooked. Love his character, love his back story, love his interaction with the others from Atlantis.

Rodney was hilarious in this ep- if just a tad annoying. Loved the sunblock scenes.
    sigpic
    Thank you to mrscopterdoc for my Ronon sig

Comment

Yeah, the sunblock scenes were funny. And yeah, Ronon Dex is my favorite character of the show.
      sigpic

Comment

I liked the interaction between the military types and the non-military folks. The differences make for some excellent scenes.

I too like Ronon and I didn't particularly like Ford, so this episode works for me.
        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Ronon in this episode ,so similar to Greer .both refused to b put under for their surgeries.

Comment

I keep rewatching the beginning part with Lorne and Parrish. I find it really funny.

Comment

Ronon did it cause he didn't want to lose any consiousness (and give up his control), greer did it cause he is a bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Selene Ankarres View Post
                i'm slightly confused about the scars ronon has on his back. did he do them him-self to try and get the track out, or are they scars from fighting the wraith during his runner years ?
                I thought Ronon mentioned that he had tried to get the device out when he was talking to Carson...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Loved this ep. Interesting introduction to Ronon. I admire the fact that he waited to the end of the 'operation' before he passed out. It's one of the things that endeared me to the man.

Yay for the mention of Firefly in the commentary. One of my favourite episodes.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                  "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                  a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

hello guys..............
                    My only criticism of this episode is that the whole setup to bring Ronon to Atlantis seemed a tad too deliberate. But it hasn't got me constantly eye-rolling like the Ori.

<Spam link removed>

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                      I thought Ronon mentioned that he had tried to get the device out when he was talking to Carson...
                      That's right.

Ronon says that he made one attempt at getting the tracking device out himself using a mirror -- but couldn't quite reach. The rest he says are attempts by doctors to remove it (much to Beckett's disgust).

Though the rest of his scars undoubtedly came from his time as a Runner, the ones on his back were from attempts at removing the tracker.
                      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Joe Mallozzi's Blog:
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...t-runner-duet/
                        RUNNER (203)

Exit Lieutenant Ford. Enter Ronon Dex. Although that wasn’t exactly the plan, that’s the way it turned out. Yes, Ronon was intended to assume the newly vacated position on the away team, but the intention was to make Dark Ford a recurring character along the lines of a Todd or a Michael. For various reasons, it didn’t work out. However, what did work out was Jason Momoa as Ronon! And as much as I can’t imagine anyone else in the role, the casting process was a hell of a challenge. As I said in a previous entry, the more people involved, the more choices, the slower the process. And, whenever casting is up for discussion, EVERYONE has an opinion.

From the get-go, Robert Cooper envisioned Ronon as a rough-and-tumble outdoorsman/warrior. His template was the affable mountain man, Rupert, who’d enjoyed, if not success, then certainly popularity as a contestant on two seasons of Survivor. Ronon had to be brash, colorful, and larger than life. Unfortunately, some of the contenders put forth by…err…other parties…were all wrong. I’m talking skinny, soft-spoken soap opera actor wrong. And then, one day, we got Jason Momoa’s casting tape. Rob took one look at him and declared we had found our Ronon. Then, it was simply a matter of convincing everyone else of the fact.

Anyway, loved the introduction of the character in this episode, and also loved his interactions with Dark Ford.

If there is one question that almost always comes up after this episode airs, it’s “Why did the wraith stop feeding on Ronon?”. In the flashback, we see the wraith place its feeding hand on a defiant Ronon, then suddenly pause and draw back. It LOOKS like something has prevented it from feeding. In fact, it is merely pausing, amazed by Ronon’s defiance in the face of certain death. Its internal monologue isn’t “Why the hell can’t I feed on this guy?” but rather “This guy’s got balls. He’d make a simply splendid runner!”.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ronon!

Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Good episode.

Both Ford and Ronon are really badass. I love Ronon's weapon.

Tomorrow, a body swap.
                            sigpic

Comment

For me Ronon was just 'there', I wasn't really that bothered with what he did or didn't do. I just see this episode as the farewell to Ford. Since I'd come to like Ford with this re-watch I found it quite frustrating to watch, seeing the moments of the Ford we knew coming out and really hoping he would accept help and stay.

Comment

The intro to Ronon, for me, was interesting. The wraith didn't kill him, instead they made him into a game or experiment... He is someone who is effected by the wraith on a deeper level than most of the people on the show... and he adds something to the show that I felt was lacking in the first season...

Comment

Working...
                                X