The Siege, Part 3 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa
    Somewhere in Season 1 is a story where Lt. Ford specifically asked Dr. Beckett if he received the gene therapy, he asked how long it would take before the gene might take effect. (Answer: possibly up to a few hours, at least - if it was successful.) I'm guessing somewhere between that ep and now, that Ford *actually* received the gene therapy.

I think the episode was the HOT ZONE, because Ford was infected with the virus thingy, but because McKay already *had* the gene therapy and it worked, McKay was immune. Ford didn't have the gene yet at that point, and was vulnerable. Had Rodney's plan B not worked, Ford would have otherwise died. So, I'm guessing after all that was done and over with, Dr. Beckett gave Ford the gene therapy -just in case a similar situation came up in the future, to be on the safe side.

After seeing the "Siege 3" conclusion, that would also probably be the best explanation behind *how* Ford was able to fly the puddle jumper and not the Wraith in "The Defiant One" ep.
    True, true... Probably that

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I loved how the episode managed to incorporate a little humor, with everything that was going on. "It's a city, not a yo-yo." –LOL!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwall
        Regarding the hug:

Did no one else think Sheppard's face showed a "WTF?" look?

He did have that look didn't he and I think thats why the scene worked for me. He was startled and unsure of how to proceed and probably grateful that Elizabeth got back to business before he had to say anything. I think this is the start of a depper friendship between these two even though Shep and Weir will continue to butt heads in the future.

Comment

Somthing I was not totally clear on when watching this episode last night. That ZPM that was used to power up the shield on the city. Seems like there was a remark made (from what I seem to recal) something to the effect of "thanks to the Asgard, we have a ZPM." That kinda made it seem like either #1, the Asgard MADE the ZPM, or 2#, they found it somewhere, somehow fully charged. #1 seems like the better option that would make more sense. Afterall, the Asgard can pretty much design whatever they want in their computers and instantly replicate it. Anyone?

Comment

this was truly a great episode of SGA.

Season 2 looks like its going to be good

Comment

SPOILERS FOR "MOEBIUS, PART 1"

actually, this ZPM was the one found by sg-1 5000 years in the past in the episode "moebius", the season 8 finale. they used janus' timeship found in 'its good to be king' to go back and take it. i'm not exactly sure, though, where you got the 'thanks to the asgard, we have a zpm' remark, though.
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

It probably means thanks to the asgard hyperdrive and beaming tech, they were able to get there in time and beam the ZPM on to Atl allowing them to install it just in time.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                  SPOILERS FOR "MOEBIUS, PART 1"

actually, this ZPM was the one found by sg-1 5000 years in the past in the episode "moebius", the season 8 finale. they used janus' timeship found in 'its good to be king' to go back and take it. i'm not exactly sure, though, where you got the 'thanks to the asgard, we have a zpm' remark, though.
                  I think the reference to the Asgard was directed at the beaming technology that made it easier for them to get the ZPM from the Daedelus to Atlantis in a hurry.

Comment

ah, i see what you mean. ty.
                    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
                      Somewhere in Season 1 is a story where Lt. Ford specifically asked Dr. Beckett if he received the gene therapy, he asked how long it would take before the gene might take effect. (Answer: possibly up to a few hours, at least - if it was successful.) I'm guessing somewhere between that ep and now, that Ford *actually* received the gene therapy.

I think the episode was the HOT ZONE, because Ford was infected with the virus thingy, but because McKay already *had* the gene therapy and it worked, McKay was immune. Ford didn't have the gene yet at that point, and was vulnerable. Had Rodney's plan B not worked, Ford would have otherwise died. So, I'm guessing after all that was done and over with, Dr. Beckett gave Ford the gene therapy -just in case a similar situation came up in the future, to be on the safe side.
                      Ummm...is there a good reason why Ford WOULDN'T want to get the therapy? 'Cause I'da thunk there'd be plenty of upside to do so, and it'd be kinda sloppy NOT to get it....

Comment

Great episode. Finally we get to see transporters used as weapons! It´s something I´ve always said about star trek "Why don´t they just beam a nuke over to the borg cube?".

All around great episode.

Comment

In the words of Jason Jones (slightly changed to fit the subject):
                          "[The Siege, pt 3] is a lot like [The Siege, pt 1 and 2], only it's [The Siege, pt 1 and 2] on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas. Oh, and the ninjas are all on fire, too."

My one complaint is that the whole "What happened to Teyla?" story from Siege, pt 2 was resolved in a really anticlimatically. I was hoping for something like "Help me, the Wraith are trying to posess me and force me to kill everyone!", not "My radio's broken."
                          Not to mention the whole 'opening credits' debacle. They wait until a week before the premiere's to announce it, only to find a few days later that the opening theme music has been nominated for an awawrd. Sci-Fi must be pissing themselves.

Other than that...freakin' awesome! If Joe Mallozzi or Martin Gero or Rainbow Franaks is reading; keep up the good work! That was bloody fatastic!
                          Last edited by White Knight; 18 July 2005, 02:23 AM.

Comment

The Daedalus did a great job, and I presume that was Hermie swearing ... (ROFL)

I hope to see McKay doesn't lose that humor of his and well Weir and Sheppard... that hug.. hmm...

Another point for W/S-shippers, nil point for T/S-shippers

When the Atlantis did manage to get the shield up, and was under Wraith bombardment, I agree with McKay, it was very pretty.

That Doc in Engineering and the Asgard, love that weird friendship going on there, LOL

The production cast and crew did a great job for the Season 2 premiere!

Well done!
                            Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                            WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

great ep! easily one of my favs so far. The special effects were great, story was good i guess and looks like a great 2nd season is ahead of us.

- the new ship looked amazing from the bottom but i dont know there is something off about the top of it a bit to flat like a helipad for some reason. but its early and we han't really seen a good size comparison yet. the best so far is darts from a distance. i wanna see it deploy a fleet of 302's like how the base stars on BSG do it (they still do the best space battles i think, but thats off topic) the sound effects for the wraith weapons was just wrong.

- just a quick question when was it said the wraith can't use ancient tech because they are wraith? and not just because they dont have the gene. we saw a wraith turn on a puddle jumper sheild.

Plus now we have an explination for why the jumpers dont seem to have sheilds, the stealth tech is a variation of the sheild tech and u can only run one or the other not both at the same time. so if u had a choice would it be totaly unseen and unnoticed or a very strong sheild that will eventually fail when under large and constant strain (say an amarda of wraith attacking that small ship) i know what i would want.

- as for ford, GREAT to see him getting a good role for once, i thought his acting was very good for his new charictor. The part which stuck out for me was when he first left the infermiary and was following weir around waiting to get assigned i know its minor compaired to the strangeling but it was well done. maybe he should have stayed in atlantis for longer and been alienated more slowly, but i guess that enzime really did a number on him.

Also on his eye, we dont know that is a direct result of the enzime maybe it was from being in the water for an hour face down, but who knows. have to wait and see if he has any other powers besides being strong, good hand eye coordination (he knocked out that gaurd well it the ball or what ever) and paranoid plus his fondness of weapons will come in handy while on the run. i forsee a great arc for ford.

-how did teyla deliver that message so easily? it was like boom done, and why did the wraith belive her so quickly wasn't it a bit convienant that she tryed to connect to them again and happen to let slip that they were planning to blow up the city? that was weird and not very well done, they needed an extra scene in there of her reluctantly reviling it to the wraith. or atleast a convo with one

image of wraith has teyla around the neck holding her off the ground, switch to teyla's sleeping body in atlantis with her hands round her neck maybe crying a bit to sell it

wraith: u puny humans have no hope we will eventually win
                              teyla: we will never let u get to earth we will kill ourself and destroy atlantis before that happens

then she wakes up says its done

done in 20seconds were they that strapped for time?

Comment

Well it had to fit inside the 42 mins then from the story/Wraith point of view, it made it look like Teyla just broke connection abruptly, due to emergency EVAC of the base for self-destruction, which is the rouse that they're hoping the Wraith is going to believe.
                                Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                                WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Working...
                                X