No announcement yet.

The Siege, Part 3 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The body count of this ep gives me pause, I really hope that not too many died in this episode, most were likely stunned for future feeding.
    sigpic

Comment

BRAVO!! Ford did an amazing job.
      Purple's Biggest Fan
      A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

My analysis:

•I loved the visual effects. I thought they were excellently done. The bombardment of the shield was "almost pretty". And the mushroom cloud left by the nuke was incredible.

•The hug. After the "Inside SciFi Friday" dealio, the hug was all over the Sheppard/Weir 'shipper thread. It was one of the most beautiful moments in the entire episode, IMHO. I hope their relationship goes further.

•Ford was just creepy. I want the old Ford back!

•Major props to McKay! Standing up to the Wraith, with a gun he obviously didn't know how to use (LOL!) took a lot of courage. I never thought I'd see him do something that bold.

•Cloaking the city? Brilliant!

All in all, "The Siege, Part III" was, IMO, an excellent episode, with no evil nasty cliffhangers (coughSG-1coughcough) to keep me awake all night... wait... it's almost 4 AM where I am... oh, well.

Season 2 is definitely off to an excellent start. Now to see if any of the upcoming eps can rival "Thirty Eight Minutes" (my personal favorite)...

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

McKay definitely needs some additional firearms training!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            That's a thing I forgot. Even if Ford got and accepted the Ancient gene ... he also had Wraith enzymes. And isn't Ancient tech supposed to lock out Wraith?
            I'll resist the urge to give a technical explanation, and simply say that enzymes are nothing like genes.

For that matter, isn't it that Ancient tech responds only to ATA gene carriers, and locks out everyone, human and Wraith alike, who lack the gene?

The question now is when and how Ford got the ATA gene. Did he go in for treatment some time after 'Hot Zone' (very likely, IMO)?

Nevermind. It was a great episode, and certainly satisified all my expectations. The action, the effects, the character moments, the hug, the humor, the resolution...so much accomplished, and so many possibilities for the future. I can't wait for the next episode, and then for Dex's introduction the week after.

a time to mourn

Comment

There be gushing ahead (some shippy, even)...you've been warned

OMG...wow! And did I say...WOW! This ep...OH YEAH! You've totally outdone yourself, Martin Gero! Loved Storm/Eye. Loved Seige I/II. This takes the cake!

How did I love this ep? Let me count the ways! I'm not usually one to gush, in fact, I'm usually a bit critical lately but overall, I LOVED this!

I had one little squick...the Sheppard rescue was a bit too neat and tidy but I realize this ep had a lot to accomplish so I'm willing to overlook a little deus ex machina in the interest of time. That said, now I gush.

SO glad Everett is gone! Hated him--I think the only thing that got me through him was knowing that he wouldn't be permanent. It was nice to see him eat a bit of crow and apologize to Shep though. Caldwell is cool--not too much Skinner there. Nice use of Pileggi's talent without relying on his previous character too much.

McKay. How do I say how much I loved McKay in this ep? I've just come to really appreciate DH for the truly talented guy that he is. Thanks for using him appropriately. A little neurotic with a bit of hero mixed in (I'd say reluctant hero but there's nothing reluctant about McKay when it comes to claiming the credit ). Good job, David (and if you've been working out...it shows! So keep up the good work there, too--what can I say, I'm a hussy I notice those things lol). Good job, Martin, for giving him something to work with.

Teyla seems to be a bit toned down this season and I'm happy about that.
              Spoiler:
              And does anyone else think that RL has some REAL chemistry with Jason Momoa? If the trailers and the special are anything to go by, those two could be HOT!
              I'm hoping we'll see some development and a bit of softening of the character. This is a good start. She was there but she didn't find my last nerve in this ep. I didn't really hate her so much before as I just couldn't seem to find any reason to warm up to her. I thought it was cute to have her save McKay. She just doesn't seem to know quite what to do with his neuroses--very cute. I'm glad her new-found ability is used but didn't take over. That could have been a nice way for the writers to cheat their way out of this one--thank you for not taking that road, PTBs. I liked her in this ep.

(here's that shippiness I promised for those who want to skip it...)

John...Liz...WOW! And a HUG??? WOW!!!! I was blown away! I watched the sci-fi inside special three times but never managed to stay awake to see that hug (the gals over at Sheppard and Weir on Yahoo were gushing)--suppose that's what I get for trying to watch the thing late at night. So I was wonderfully surprised to see that!!! I was totally blown away! Thank you, Martin, for that! (((((hugs))))) I've always loved the way Joe and Torri can just look at each other and sparks fly! I tried SO hard not to ship for this show but I guess I'm sunk now. I'm happy to see that these two might not have all the *issues* that Sam and Jack had (*Please* don't let them have all the issues S/J had? I'm begging here, PTBs). LOVED the dialogue between them. Loved the way he looked like he wanted to kiss her for a second...and did I mention I LOVED that hug? I'm sure there are folks groaning audibly while I say this but it's how I feel and there it is. I loved this part. It made my shippy evening. No angst, PTBs. Please, no angst. I'm begging here. Keep these two light and fun. I'm all angsted out from Sam and Jack and I can't take any more of that. I like the way these two are so cute. Keep them like this and I'm right there with you for the long haul PTBs (and if they want to find a broom closet, I'm okay with that too *big grin*).

Overall, a good ep! If this is what the rest of the season is like, I am SO there! Just MHO of course, ding away...

Edited to add...ACK! How stupid am I for forgetting to mention Rainbow? (Don't answer that... ) Awesome job on Rainbow's part! He does angry and addicted really well! And the PTBs took him off regular status? Can't say I understand that now that they seem to have finally found Ford. I liked him last year but I didn't think he was developed very much (first seasons are always hard that way, it's hard to find anyone beyond the mains in such a short time). I hope to see a lot more development for Ford, he could be a really interesting character! K, I'm done now...I think...
              Last edited by marimba26; 16 July 2005, 02:45 AM. Reason: Because I stupidly forgot to mention Rainbow!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

aaaahhhhhhh
                all of you hyping this episode for me and i cant watchit right now
                is there some site where the entire episode story is written?

Comment

Originally posted by Sy'onei
                  Umm...the opening credits sucked though.
                  Oh yeah, the short credits sucked on both shows. If it means more of those nifty SFX we got though, I guess I'll have to settle...

Comment

Great episode.

My favorite parts:
                    McKay's bullets dropping out of his gun.

The coversation between Novak and Hermiod and Hermiod, I think, crusing (sp) in the language of the Asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                      K, I'm done now...I think...
                      Well apparently, I'm not done lol.

Forgot to mention the technical part of this ep. Beautifully shot! I'm not sure who directed this one but my money's on Martin Wood. He has a great feeling for directing the actors to get the most emotion out of a scene. Then add beautiful camera work (LOVE the way he sets up shots) and voila!

Wonderful SFX too (you've outdone yourselves, Rainmaker)!

Congrats to cast and crew on a marvellous episode!

And now I think I am finally finished...

Comment

Guys...can we please get a "blow by blow" for those of us living in Australia and other countries deprived of early stargate??

Questions::
                        1. How did shepp not die from suicide mission?
                        2. What weapons does Daedalus have? (rails, rockets, nukes, energy)
                        3. How does the ZPm get transported down to Atlantis.
                        4. Is there 302 action? (we see shepp in 'jump suit' in spoiler pics)
                        5. Battle statistics? (Big D = ??? .........Wraith = ???)
                        6. Everett???????????????????????????????
                        7. Ford...and his team of 4 men that were surrounded?????
                        8. Hermiod sounds like an Asgard 'smartass"....is he?????

Thanks for your time

Comment

Originally posted by Jordo
                          Guys...can we please get a "blow by blow" for those of us living in Australia and other countries deprived of early stargate??

Thanks for your time
                          I can give you some short answers but other probably gave you move details.

Answers:
                          1. The Daedalus and Asgard beam tech.
                          2. rails and nuke for sure
                          3. Asgard beam tech
                          3. No.
                          4. Don't know for sure.
                          5. He lives but barely.
                          6. Ford is the only one that lived.
                          7. Have to see more of Hermoid to fine out if he is.

Comment

More indepth answers:

Answers:
                            1. Answered by greytop.
                            2. Answered by greytop. + missiles, I think or was that just a nuke?
                            3. asgard transport beams down a few commandos and a steel box with ZPM
                            4. 302?? Daedalus? I'm so so confused.
                            5. Wraith Hiveship >> Daedalus.
                            The 1 remaining hiveship was doing a lot of damage to the Daedalus. The Daedalus was able to hold it position safely though but it was losing a lot of firepower keeping up with the darts and cruisers. Only after the Daedalus starting beaming nukes down to the hive ships did they gain a significant advantage. And they lose that advantage later on.
                            6. Wraith Soldier starts feeding on Ford. Some guy throws a grenade. Both Wraith & Ford land in the water. The other guys got stunned.
                            7. Hell yah. Actually, not really. He just seems a little condescending.
                            7. Have to see more of Hermoid to fine out if he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordo

Thanks for your time
                              A very detailed synopsis.
                              Did I spell synopsis right?

On point 1, I had wondered for months how they were gonna handle that without giving away the surprise for anyone who doesn't read spoilers. I was pleased with how it happened, and that they didn't try to drag out the suspense on Sheppard's fate.

I'm certainly looking forward to RSF's next appearance, and how cool is his part now? From accessory to antagonist in a handful of scenes. I like this darker version of Ford; Franks plays it well. Spoilers say he'll be an intermintent presence, but he'll carry a very interesting story line.

a time to mourn

Comment

Good finale to Siege I&II. Lots of nice action combined with some decent character work for our old regulars and a nice introduction to the new people. Yep, the cliffhanger was wrapped up pretty quickly but we all knew Shep was going to survive so that's okay.

The Daedulus was great. Should be interesting to see how it's used in the show. I love the way they introduced the new characters. Novak was a pleasant surprise as I didn't care for her much in PU. Her interaction with the Asgard Hermiod was a nice touch of comic relief.

And Caldwell was wonderful. Tough military guy but not the caricature that Everett was. I never watched X-Files so was not familliar with Mitch Pileggi's work but i thought he was awesome.

McKay was his usual brilliant, egotistical, reluctantly brave, snarky self. He just really makes this show for me. And his interaction with Zelenka was great as usual. Those two are well-matched.

And egads. I'm not a shipper but even I saw a "moment" there between Shep and Weir. I think it's nice that they're developing a strong bond between the two. Nice scene when Shep returns.

Ford. I'm sure this will be a meaty part to play and Rainbow did a good job. But I'm still kind of sad to lose the happy-go-lucky Ford we used to have.

Nice resolution - the cloaking of the city combined with the explosion to hide the event. It was well done and the special effects were great.

In fact the special effects were great all the way thru. There was a lovely shot looking up at the dome of the city and seeing the bombardments hit. I really love that they're able to really make us "feel" like they're in a city now. It's a great set.

So excellent start to the second season. Did Martin write this? Good job.
                                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X