The Siege, Part 3 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcdonis
    Does anyone else think it a little strange that Teyla was the only person in her team to survive? And the way she was acting and her facial expressions made me think that she was under Wraith control the whole time.

Especially when she was sending her message to the wraith. Perhaps the real message she was sending was that deadulus was the real key to getting to Earth not Atlantis. (hyperdrive tech)

Anyone else think the whole Teyla thing was a little strange in the latest episode?
    Actually I did notice her strange facial expression when she sent the messsage. I'm not sure if that's because she's a Wraith spy or because they wanted a bit more suspense to the scene. I did think her sending the message was a bit too easy though.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I think it's a good theory, especially the bit about the daedelus...

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
        I did think her sending the message was a bit too easy though.
        Yes, that seemed quite strange to me too; the facial expression could just be a consequence of the concentration required though. After that ... well, we'll have to wait.
        "Guinness [...] a refreshing substitute for ... food."
        Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          So in other words your accusations are based on your supposition (i.e guess: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence) that she lied. For some reason you believe her to untrustworthy for what reason is that?

I dont know exactly... Its just that Teyla seems a little off to me, abnormal persay. Some of her responses over the last season kind of seem strange. Perhaps its just me and I dont claim to "know" anything. I just wonder if this is a possible thread the TPTB are going in.

Not to mention the TPTB did say something about exploring a different side of Teyla this season.

Do I say this because I dont like her... no

I remember thinking at the end of last season when we saw her postion vacant and her team either dead or stuned that something was up. I saw her weapon (a p90) laying in the open on the floor around shell casings. It didnt look like it belonged to any of the other bodies it looked like it was droped. Also when we see Teyla come to rescue rodney (at the nick of time I might add) she isnt carying a P90, but a M4 variant. (which she immedatly drops and picks up a fallen soldier's p90) Most likely its nothing and I am thinking too much but when you add her strange expressions during the message and her comments about how the wraith are angry, I just wonder.

Comment

I dont know exactly... Its just that Teyla seems a little off to me, abnormal persay. Some of her responses over the last season kind of seem strange. Perhaps its just me and I dont claim to "know" anything. I just wonder if this is a possible thread the TPTB are going in.

Not to mention the TPTB did say something about exploring a different side of Teyla this season.

I remember thinking at the end of last season when we saw her postion vacant and her team either dead or stuned that something was up. I saw her weapon (a p90) laying in the open on the floor around shell casings. It didnt look like it belonged to any of the other bodies it looked like it was droped. Also when we see Teyla come to rescue rodney (at the nick of time I might add) she isnt carying a P90, but a M4 variant. (which she immedatly drops and picks up a fallen soldier's p90) Most likely its nothing and I am thinking too much but when you add her strange expressions during the message and her comments about how the wraith are angry, I just wonder.
            Teyla did seem a bit off in this episode. I actually enjoyed her this time (which wasn't true of most of the first season), but you're right. Her sudden appearance and the explanation for her disappearance and radio silence were rather convenient. It's possible that it was just a matter of editing — this episode did suffer a bit from having so much it had to accomplish — but this is an interesting thought. I can't say I've seen anything out of later episodes' sides to support it, though.
            Last edited by Melyanna; 19 July 2005, 07:35 AM.
            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
            Last update: 14 April 2006
            Melyanna's Multimedia
            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I really really liked this episode.

Loads of action, twists and turns in the story and they even threw in a complimentary asgard ... I don't know what else to ask for. Maybe a furling ?

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. And btw, The daedelus was quite kool also.

Jerome

Comment

I definitely noticed the strange expression after she sent the message. Of course, I just chalked it up to my own paranoia, since I also thought Ford seemed a bit shifty in the series premiere.
                Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Im not sure if this is a fault. ill have to watch the ep again but perhaps someone may know. In the scene where ford points a PISTOL at a patient to get the enzime, becket throws the bag over to him, ford then catches it with one hand and then in the other hand is a p90, whats up? Did I miss the switch from pistol to p90 or is this a mistake??

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
                    Im not sure if this is a fault. ill have to watch the ep again but perhaps someone may know. In the scene where ford points a PISTOL at a patient to get the enzime, becket throws the bag over to him, ford then catches it with one hand and then in the other hand is a p90, whats up? Did I miss the switch from pistol to p90 or is this a mistake??
                    I'm pretty sure he took the pistol and the P90 off of the same SO that he knocked out with that ball (which was AWESOME, by the way ). You couldn't really see the P90 because he was holding it out behind him, offscreen, when he turned the pistol on the wounded guy. Watch it again if you can. I remember Ford taking the P90 off of the SO pretty clearly, although I can't check right now because I'm at work.

Comment

Well, why wouldn't you dislike a suspicious character you consider abnormal, possibly a spy and a traitor?
                      ~*~*~*~*~*
                      not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                        Well, why wouldn't you dislike a suspicious character you consider abnormal, possibly a spy and a traitor?
                        Ford's technically a traitor but I don't dislike him. He's just another victim of the Wraith, albeit in a different way from most. If a Wraith has seized control of Teyla's mind, it'd be the same case for her.

Comment

Well i loved that episode alot and even watched my recordings of part 1 and 2 before it came on sci fi just to catch up

AWSOME!

but yes im also disspointed really because it kindof took away what atlantis was aiming for. the atlantis team were sent to atlantis and there goal was to get a ZPM to open the stargate so they could go home and/or get 3 ZPM's to power atlantis and fly it home.

they now have a ZPM which could open the gate home but now they also have daedalus which can come and taxi them home.. so thats that gone out the window !!

so whats there aim now, to find another 2 ZPM's and fly atlantis home?. im thinking of the goal for the show like SG-1's goal was to get weapons to defend earth and get rid of the gould which took them 8 seasons so far but they did it.

but whats atlantiss goal now? someone help me clear my head because im confused lol

and totally unrelated to this episode i want them to get back to searching the city and see what cool stuff they can find. do you think the ancients had playstation?

Comment

Do you know there alreay thread in episode section about siege part
                            I do hope they do more in the city episode and i believe they will.
                            i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

The ZPM doesn't provide Atlantis with all the answers

The Wraith are still out there and are still trying to get to earth

Even if they never get to earth the Atlantis team have a responsibility to the people of Pegasus, to protect them from the wraith. That is the purpose of the city afterall

The city is still "asleep" as such, it was designed to run on 3 ZPM running together, 1 ZPM won't activate everything. The waking up of the city will probably take several years yet
                              sigpic

Comment

They're still going to be looking for Ancient tech for Earth. Two more ZPMs for Atlantis would be great. Another for the outpost on Earth would be nice. The Wraith are still trying to get to Earth, so that needs to be prevented at all costs. There's still plenty to learn.
                                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X