The Siege, Part 3 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have time to scan 5 pages...

Is it just me or did Caldwell come off as being a bit too weak?

He seemed like an errand boy, not a commander of a warship.

Loved the ep otherwise.

Comment

After re-watching this episode, I still like it a whole lot. Not as good the second time around as SG-1 IMHO, but still very good. I noticed the second time around the subtle ship there was between John and Wier (I'm a shipper in that area, too!). The Ford scenes are still very cool and I am definitely looking forward to his story-arc.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

it is amazing with all the manpower the wraith had we were able to outsmart them. it is shame that the ancients were never able to think outside the box like us. talking about our costly victory in siege. just imagine what the ancients could have accomplished against the wraith with our strategies and tactics

Comment

The ancients were fighting the wraith for 100 years we have survived one batte we have not won the war. but we wont be able to use the same trick next time. so i say lets bring the fight to them - i know it wont happen but all the g'ould ship our ship and the asgards should be able to wipe them out.
          i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

well ancients are more powerful but they go by the book and are too tunel vision, anyways that how i see them. but to come up with the ideas they have takes a good mind and thinking out side of the box.

Comment

Does anyone thinks its odd that once they plugged in the zpm they just left it unguarded?? I do anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                I don't have time to scan 5 pages...

Is it just me or did Caldwell come off as being a bit too weak?

He seemed like an errand boy, not a commander of a warship.

Loved the ep otherwise.
                No I thought he was good and smart. Actually asking Sheppard for advice, since he's dealt extensively with the Wraith. As opposed to Everett who thought he knew it all and didn't need any input from the team that had been in the Pegasus galaxy for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
                  Does anyone thinks its odd that once they plugged in the zpm they just left it unguarded?? I do anyway!
                  I don't think that you can pull the ZPM out after it had been plugged in with your hands if you know what I mean. You need to push the console to work some commands to get it to pop up a la "Before I Sleep".

And since the Wraith can't use any ancient tech, they can't get it to pop up.

That's just my understanding of it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing
                    I don't think that you can pull the ZPM out after it had been plugged in with your hands if you know what I mean. You need to push the console to work some commands to get it to pop up a la "Before I Sleep".

Yes you can. Jack did it in TLC without the use of a console. You just have to pop it out.

Comment

Damn, oh well. Perhaps because he had the ancient gene? I don't want to look to much into it cos it's just a small niggle, but I'll go with that for now.

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn
                        No I thought he was good and smart. Actually asking Sheppard for advice, since he's dealt extensively with the Wraith. As opposed to Everett who thought he knew it all and didn't need any input from the team that had been in the Pegasus galaxy for months.

I agree he's far better than Everett and have no problem with him asking for input, but he seemed like he was deferring to Weir from the moment they arrived, letting her dictate what his crew did. I know he offered assistance and then did what they recommended, but he didn't seem to be in charge and a part of the decision making until he got into Atlantis. Except, of course, when they first arrived and no one knew they were there. I guess he was just easing in to the new territory as it were. I like him. Really, I do. I just hope he's not going to go along all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing

true but the could still damage it or infict some damage on it, just seems wrong imo...

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                            I agree he's far better than Everett and have no problem with him asking for input, but he seemed like he was deferring to Weir from the moment they arrived, letting her dictate what his crew did. I know he offered assistance and then did what they recommended, but he didn't seem to be in charge and a part of the decision making until he got into Atlantis. Except, of course, when they first arrived and no one knew they were there. I guess he was just easing in to the new territory as it were. I like him. Really, I do. I just hope he's not going to go along all the time.
                            In the Inside Scifi special, Torri Higginson says quite unequivocally that they do butt heads from time to time... In fact, they showed a short clip of Weir and Caldwell having an altercation of sorts...
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
                              true but the could still damage it or infict some damage on it, just seems wrong imo...
                              Agreed, perhaps in a later ep if we visit the ZPM room we could see a security detail outside of the room or something. Would be a nice touch.

Comment

Don't know if anyone's already posted this over here, and if so, I apologize, but here's SyFy Portal's review of the ep. I have to say I was surprised after reading so many mainstream reviewers diss both Stargates on their way to raving about BSG. This reviewer actually had nice things to say about Atlantis. (OMG!)

http://www.syfyportal.com/features.php?id=131
                                "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Working...
                                X