No announcement yet.

The Brotherhood (116)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so the strangers come along, find the holy grail for us and then say they're taking it with them. People would still object.

Comment

Or Jesus' mumified body. How many of you christians would like to give that away if he was mumified?

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
        Or Jesus' mumified body. How many of you christians would like to give that away if he was mumified?
        Since we Christians believe Jesus' body was resurrected, this would not even be an issue for us. How about a different analogy?

Token ~

Comment

Ok how about the first bible ever written?

Comment

We already have a workable example. It isn't worth finding more.

I love that McKay was oblivious to the woman's attentions but that everyone else picked up on it immediately.

I do agree that his initial snapping at the team for their "light moment" seemed a little extreme, but I'll just assume that something was happening in the previous scene (before the beginning) to make him a little tense.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              So the question becomes, is there something wrong with the people of the Brotherhood that the "great reward" would be more important to them than helping out the Atlantis crew? Some sickness or other danger to their society? Or is it more like one of the Earth religions that talks about people being given a "great reward" when they die, such as entry to Heaven?

This is a religion to these people. To use the example quoted most here, what if we were to discover the holy grail and then some outsiders bopped along and said, "Oh, perfect! That's just what we need!" and tried to take it with them to some unknown distant place, likely never to be seen again? I think quite a few people might object, even if the strangers said it was a life and death matter.
              But Rodney did offer Elena the chance to go to Atlantis to see how the urgency of the situation or how the Potentia would be used. But she refused outright...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                But Rodney did offer Elena the chance to go to Atlantis to see how the urgency of the situation or how the Potentia would be used. But she refused outright...
                I can still see how she'd say no. I don't LIKE it, but I can see it. It's still the scenario with the holy grail... even if one of the strangers said you could go with them and see how it would be used, A) it still isn't YOUR immediate concern, B) It still removes the grail from your posession, C) that's only you. You have a whole planetful (or so) of people who will just have to take your word for it?? I don't think so.

Comment

Should've offered them two empty ZPM:s for a charged one

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    I can still see how she'd say no. I don't LIKE it, but I can see it. It's still the scenario with the holy grail...
                    <nods>Historically - in real life, that is - relics have a power of their own, often taking on more importance than their original purpose and even the god or prophet who produced them. That's what allows religious people to kill in the name of the Prince of Peace, ya know?

And so, true to form, the modern-day Brotherhood cares only for the relic and not a whit about the lives about to be sacrificed.
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      Should've offered them two empty ZPM:s for a charged one
                      THAT'S IT!!! They find where the Daganians moved the Potentia to, then pull the old switcharoo! They won't have any way of knowing!!!

-IMF
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I lvoed the ending of this episode because i was so sure that they would get a ZPM and have power in time to fight the Wraith but instead we are left with nothing but bad bad news

Comment

Rewatched this last night...

I love how Beckett is like a pilot now. Kind of sucks when you're a doctor with no flying or fighting experience, but you're one of the only guys who can fly the puddle jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
                            Rewatched this last night...

I love how Beckett is like a pilot now.
                            It's a pity that he doesn't share your enthusiasm....
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I have very mixed feelings about this ep. I like it but it was so frustrating for me in so many ways that it hindered my enjoyment.

-McKay's poor attempts at hitting on Alena
                              -Shep showing his sexy intellectual side -- but being so anti-status that he didn't actually join Mensa. And Shep's rxn when he got the puzzle right. So cute!
                              -McKay's 'give me a knife' line
                              -Teyla and Ford kicking some ass; good to see them actually doing something worthwhile!
                              -Zelenka and the new tech guy

Dislikes:
                              -Losing a jumper - NOOOOOOO! And it went down so easily! I don't care so much about the people -- they can always train others -- but how are they gonna build a new jumper? !
                              -That damn Kolya and the other Genii scum. They need to go away already! And I am SO ANGRY with Shep for not shooting Kolya right away when he first showed up (and was standing up above). Shep is a great shot and so could have hit him. Also, I don't think it's in Shep's character -- Shep would have shot him. Bad writing I say.
                              -Alena being such a little suck-up, and then when she finds out McKay and friends aren't Ancients, totally becoming a witch. Talk about two-faced!

Comment

I haven't bothered reading through this thread, but ...

HOW COOL WAS THE DHD ??? GREEN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X