The Siege, Part 1 (119)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corey2002
    bob didnt tell them anything and the wraith where at the weapons platform-so 15 hours till they get there(with out hyperspace)
    Hey, he could have told them something earlier.

Who knows?

Bob is my hero.

Poor Bob... and Greg... and Steve...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
      Well, Rodney was very nervous in the space suit.

He had to go into the satellite to get the power online and he kept on asking about how much air is in there.

Bates wasn't happy with Teyla. John and the team (while looking over some potential alpha sites) came back in hot. Bates thought that it was the Wraith and that Teyla gave away their position. Turns out they were being chased by a big T-Rex.

Teyla wasn't too happy that Bates accused her of such a thing and punched him. John and Ford had to hold he back and someone else held back Bates. "This isn't over!"

Next thing you know Bates got the crap kicked out of him.

Umm... Rodney, Grodin, and the other guy tried rock paper scissors (one of them had to go outside to fix the thing). It didn't work (the game). So the one guy had a pencil, broke it apart, Rodney got the short part, had to go outside with the space suit.

Grodin (in the satellite) was saying to Rodney, "Are you there yet?"

Rodney: "I haven't left yet!"

He was stuck at the back of the jumper because he didn't want to go out there lol.

Rodney was calling Grodin basically 'Captain Obvious'.

Zelenka got to talk alot with Elizabeth. Umm...

Not much else I can think of.

That might be the best you will get unless someone else makes a summary
      there is also bob hurting bates,how they will distroy the database, the platform exploding and bob ??dieing??
      MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
      I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by queenselqet31
        Dude! I forgot about Shep mentioning a t-rex like creature chasing them off one of the potential Alpha Sites. That would be cool if they did an ep with them on a planet full of dinos... but the CGI for that would be pretty expensive, so the chances of that happening are low. But, there's something people could use for fanfic...
        Damn that money!

They need more!

It's awesome how it is, but I would have loved to see that T-Rex!

Comment

Hey, he could have told them something earlier.

Who knows?

Bob is my hero.

Poor Bob... and Greg... and Steve...
          then why would teyla need to connect with him?
          I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

there is also bob hurting bates,how they will distroy the database, the platform exploding and bob ??dieing??
            That was in my summary at the end of the first page.

This is just a little add on for more details

Comment

Wait for The Siege, Part 2!

Remember this is how it works in the states and such:

Moebius Part 1 airs, then right after The Siege Part 1 airs.

Then the next week:

Moebius Part 2, then right after that ending The Siege Part 2.

Spoiler:
              So we know that no matter what happens in Moebius Part 1 and 2 that they make it out okay with the 'time ship'.

Didnt someone say that the uk is airing the sg1 episodes differently?

Like: SG1-819 then sg1-820

Then the next week: SGA119 & 120

I really would like to see it though

Comment

Damn that money!

They need more!

It's awesome how it is, but I would have loved to see that T-Rex!
                Let's get people together and DONATE some money!

|| McKay: Do you know how much I hate certain death? ||
                || Beckett: I'm a doctor, not a bloody fighter-pilot! ||
                || Sheppard: Don't take on an alien armada single-handedly... Understood. ||

Comment

That was in my summary at the end of the first page.

This is just a little add on for more details
                  oops

Comment

then why would teyla need to connect with him?
                    Wraith are telepathic remember?

Who knows how far it goes?

Teyla is just trying to show off

Comment

Originally posted by queenselqet31
                      Let's get people together and DONATE some money!
                      Yay!

*throws pennies*

Comment

Im still stuck on the wraith tech stuff. Its just not adding up for me..

I mean how could they beat the ancients but not have hyperdrives capable of galaxy to galaxy travel... It makes NO sense at all...

The wraith are really starting to remind me of the ultimate parasites. Goauld part II basically.

It looks like they leeched just enough technology from the ancients to become a threat and then simply sat back and fed for thousands of years. They dont appear to have any desire / need to attempt to advance. They dont even seem to have the curiousity to find out where the ancients went even though they knew exactly where atlantis is....

For an "advanced" race they are surprisingly .... dull witted - I have an enemy I know where he lives, one day his house moves and he no longer attacks me to protect his family.. Do you A) keep killing the family and ignore the fact your real enemy disappeared B) seek out the real enemy and deal with the family later....

First rule of warfare - know your enemy.....

Comment

The Wraith didn't overpower the Ancients with fancy weapons and such, they just... the Ancients were outnumbered.

Comment

The Wraith massively out numbered the ancients on a grand scale. IT really doesn't matter how powerful you are , bar ascension, if you have hundreds of ships firing everything they have at you and then going kamakazi into you, then you're going to get your butt kicked. The ancients technology was more than a match for wraith tech it's just that there were a LOT of wraith.

I can't put enough emphasis on "a lot of wraith" there were a lot.

Originally posted by TOA
                            Im still stuck on the wraith tech stuff. Its just not adding up for me..

I mean how could they beat the ancients but not have hyperdrives capable of galaxy to galaxy travel... It makes NO sense at all...

The wraith are really starting to remind me of the ultimate parasites. Goauld part II basically.

It looks like they leeched just enough technology from the ancients to become a threat and then simply sat back and fed for thousands of years. They dont appear to have any desire / need to attempt to advance. They dont even seem to have the curiousity to find out where the ancients went even though they knew exactly where atlantis is....

For an "advanced" race they are surprisingly .... dull witted - I have an enemy I know where he lives, one day his house moves and he no longer attacks me to protect his family.. Do you A) keep killing the family and ignore the fact your real enemy disappeared B) seek out the real enemy and deal with the family later....

First rule of warfare - know your enemy.....

Comment

The Wraith didn't overpower the Ancients with fancy weapons and such, they just... the Ancients were outnumbered.

Its the math that doesnt add up though - speculation earlier in the season indicates that there are like 60-100 hives...

Now putting into account what we now know -
                              - wraith hyperdrives arent very good (roughly level with current human/earth hyperdrives - short burst basically)
                              - Wraith weapons are not that powerful - it took two hives to destroy that satellite and it wasnt a one shot kill

If there was a defense grid around the atlantis solar system - lets say 10 satellites. Knowing that the satellite shold have been able to destroy 3 hives no problem (aside from the whole short circuit thing that happened) that means that 30+ hives could have been wiped out by the satellites alone.

Either there are ALOT more wraith than we know of (unlikely) or the ancients killed/wiped out 50+% of the wraith forces and they still havent recovered.

The other comment is that if their hyperdrives arent that good how the hell could they possibly mass at one solar system - they could not possibly have built all those hives on one planet so just distance alone would indicate this is nt possible.

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                                Its the math that doesnt add up though - speculation earlier in the season indicates that there are like 60-100 hives...

Now putting into account what we now know -
                                - wraith hyperdrives arent very good (roughly level with current human/earth hyperdrives - short burst basically)
                                - Wraith weapons are not that powerful - it took two hives to destroy that satellite and it wasnt a one shot kill

If there was a defense grid around the atlantis solar system - lets say 10 satellites. Knowing that the satellite shold have been able to destroy 3 hives no problem (aside from the whole short circuit thing that happened) that means that 30+ hives could have been wiped out by the satellites alone.

Either there are ALOT more wraith than we know of (unlikely) or the ancients killed/wiped out 50+% of the wraith forces and they still havent recovered.

The other comment is that if their hyperdrives arent that good how the hell could they possibly mass at one solar system - they could not possibly have built all those hives on one planet so just distance alone would indicate this is nt possible.
                                Your last part there makes the most sense. The Ancients lost, but I'm sure they were able to inflict damage on a grand scale to the wraith. The wraith just won by numbers in the end.

Have you ever played starcraft? The Ancients got zergling rushed.

Comment

Working...
                                X