No announcement yet.

Letters From Pegasus (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the best 'recap' eps ever (in any show). They only had brief clips (seconds in length) from old eps all stitched together, meaning u didnt have to sit and watch things uve already seen in boredom. It was mixed with great special effects (wraith fleet), suspense(sheppard and teyla stuck on planet), humour(the video's of course), getting to see the SGC (Carter and Harriman)..

I was greatly entertained.. 9.5/10 ep IMO

Comment

Everyone notice that they used pretty much the entire Rising sequence? I guess they want to get as much milage out of that expensive FX sequence as they can.

BYE
      "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

What the hell was that beam that was connected to a hive ship?
        Someone said that it was coming from the surface..maybe it was to transport humans to the ships

Comment

Best clip show ever, that's for sure. Having the clips be interwoven with the messages was the perfect way to go.
          It was emotional, poignant and humorous. Yet another top episode of Atlantis.

So. Favorite parts of the episode:

The messages. Particularly McKay's, Sheppard's, Beckett's and Zelenka's. (Well, that's almost everybody right there, but let's just go with it. ) Oh, and the woman who was admiring McKay's leader abilities. She was adorable and the flashbacks were hysterical.

"Unless you're intentionally trying to blow us up, in which case, excellent work!"

"Ow, ow, okay, cramp, cramp!"

Also, Ford's interaction with Beckett was very funny and cute.

Beckett: "What shall I say?"
          Ford: "Uh... I miss you? I wish you were here?"
          Beckett: "I wish who was here?"
          Ford: "I don't know. Who do you wish was here?"
          Beckett: "Nobody! I wish I wasn't bloody here!"

-

Ford: "Dude, fungus?!"

-

Beckett: "She knows I'm from Earth, son, it's not a bloody secret!"

Heh.

McKay/Hewlett was just a joy in his recordings. Especially with the counting ("And in 5, 4..."), the cue cards and the various gestures. And nice to see him mention his sister as well.

I liked that Sheppard and Teyla didn't see eye to eye in this one and that Sheppard appeared to be very conflicted throughout.

One thing I'm left wondering, is who Sheppard sent the second message to? Because I'm sure that he did. Why else would there be a background change in his recording alone? It's not like any of the others moved around and changed scenery.

And the special effects were stunning! I sat in awe and watched those Wraith ships fly by.

So, once again, wonderful episode!
          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I've re-watched the wraith hives fly by some 10 times by now!

Comment

Something had stauned me :
              Both Kavanagh and Weir are opposing Geneva Convention to the experiments on Steve...
              1. Geneva Convention doesn't apply on non-human creatures.
              2. The Stargate jurisprudence : if aliens' and humans' lifes are in balance, human life primes. Tauris had never hesitated on killing goa'ulds to free the hosts (for example : at least 300 goaulds died in Steveson).
              3. The experiment had been realized on a consentant human volonteer. Stricto sensu, Steve was not the cobaye, because the drug had to avoid feeding, not to kill him.

The "Geneva Convention" for Wraith is a bad error of concepts... Totally out of subject. I hope they will forget it.
              GOA'ULD: Who are you?
              WRAITH: I am your death!
              GOA'ULD: Don't believe so... I am your God!
              WRAITH: What is a god? Is it eatable?
              GOA'ULD: O_o

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning
                After all the talk about how they had to be careful not to violate securtiy clearance, is it not a massive breach in security clearance for the Japanese scientist to record her personal message while wearing a jacket which has a patch that you can cleary see on her right arm saying ATLANTIS!?!?! hehehehe
                And who was it that was filmed with a naquadah generator behind them?

Comment

Originally posted by Zipacna_fr
                  Something had stauned me :
                  Both Kavanagh and Weir are opposing Geneva Convention to the experiments on Steve...
                  1. Geneva Convention doesn't apply on non-human creatures.
                  2. The Stargate jurisprudence : if aliens' and humans' lifes are in balance, human life primes. Tauris had never hesitated on killing goa'ulds to free the hosts (for example : at least 300 goaulds died in Steveson).
                  3. The experiment had been realized on a consentant human volonteer. Stricto sensu, Steve was not the cobaye, because the drug had to avoid feeding, not to kill him.

The "Geneva Convention" for Wraith is a bad error of concepts... Totally out of subject. I hope they will forget it.
                  I think it was brought up again to show how sanctimonious Kavanagh is... dramatic irony and all that... probably not meant to be taken seriously. I don't think the Wraith believe in treaties anyway... cramps their dietary style.
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                    They people behind Stargate have gotten really good at making their clip shows significant parts of the storyline. 'Disclosure' and 'Innaguration' were both enjoyable episodes, and didn't rely on too many clips (especially 'Innaguration'), and 'Letters From Pegasus' is another improvment on the formula.

Somebody described it as the "yearly recap before the big battle". Looking at the episodes that are coming, I think there's another line that sums it up nicely: The deep breath before the plunge. Everybody gets a chance to review what they've been through over the last year, and look at the dangers they face ahead with clear eyes.
                    None of the clips really explained anything, though, unless you were already familiar with the story as a whole. Not a clip show for anyone wanting to join in as a newbie, unlike some of the SG-1 clip shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzcoatl
                      No. The ever expressionless Torri Higginson got some acting lessons
                      I think it's more that Weir is supposed to be cool, calm and collected, and on occasions Torri comes across as expressionless. I thought she was really good in LFP compared to, say, how stiff she was in 38 Minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrial
                        Pretty sure Simon didn't get his clearence till after she had gone to atlantis. So she has no way of knowing that he saw the tape she made for him
                        Watching Rising again shows that they hadn't gone yet or at least Simon is watching the vid at the same time as they're leaving. What gets me about that sequence is that she was filmed in their lounge room. Look at the background of the vid. I think she did the video so she wouldn't have to talk to him. She could have at least phoned the poor sap.

Comment

Another thing, Ford got lots of character development in this one,
                          which is interesting timeing due to what weve read about
                          Spoiler:
                          him no longer being a main character anymore. Youd think theyd have done it earlier..

Comment

Originally posted by xie1013
                            And who was it that was filmed with a naquadah generator behind them?

Not too mention Zalenka telling the story. Although that will probably be caught when they have someone translate it.

Then there is Beckett talking about Earthlings...

Man, does Weir have her hands full with this crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Blend
                              Another thing, Ford got lots of character development in this one,
                              which is interesting timeing due to what weve read about
                              Spoiler:
                              him no longer being a main character anymore. Youd think theyd have done it earlier..
                              I thought it was interesting that although we don't learn much more about Ford than we knew already, it felt like we did due to his interactions with everyone else. Carl Binder is a great writer.

Comment

This was the best episode after Rising. I really liked the monologues, beacuse we could leran so much of the characters. Ford played well.

The invasion plot was cool too, but the "arrival from hyperspace" effect could be better. I think Teyla'c choice was right, they should have tried to help as many people as possible.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X