No announcement yet.

Hot Zone (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm... just curious, it is said that the ones with the ancient gene does not get killed; but, Major Sheppard and some others in the Atlantis team also have the Ancient gene (so that they could use Ancient tech). The main question is, would they be killed off by the virus or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      I'm of the general opinion that they either need to drop the character, or develope him, or move him to a secondary role, because right now, Ford is about as deep as a frizbie, and that's a shame.
      I agree, MF, and I really, really, REALLY hope it doesn't come to that. Really.

Luckily he and Shep get along well. I liked it in the beginning when he had some funny lines... Alas, they apparently are all gone.

Zelenka? Hmmm... I'm trying to remember that bloke, and I can't. I'm still in the US waiting impatiently for the rest of the freakin' season to start up again.

Comment

Originally posted by h22chen
        Hm... just curious, it is said that the ones with the ancient gene does not get killed; but, Major Sheppard and some others in the Atlantis team also have the Ancient gene (so that they could use Ancient tech). The main question is, would they be killed off by the virus or not?
        They would not. That is why McKay survived.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Mackay used genetic manipulation technology to change his gene to ancient gene.
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering since Ford got scared by the virus but he have the ancient gene.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
              Ok gonna revise this a little.

The Ancients awoke this other enemy first, they got into a war with this race. That race created the Wraith who could feed on the one thing that the Ancients would strive to protect, humans. The Ancients one weakness. Later, a peace was developed between this race and the Ancients and the fighting stopped. In this peace, the humans were to be left alone. As their only food source, the Wraith would have died out. To prevent their own demise, the Wraith begin feeding on humans again against their creators' wishes. The Wraith were too powerful for the other emeny and the Ancients were spread too thin protecting the humans. Then in a last ditch effort, the enemy creates this virus to eliminate the humans but not the Ancients since they have the technology to go head to head with the Wraith. The Ancients get pissed at this and begin studying the virus to find a cure. The Wraith consume their creators and move onto Atlantis.

These Wraith-creators could still be around somewhere not caring what the Wraith do. Sort of like watching TV with a cold beer whilst you let your dog run loose in the backyard, but when the times comes the Wraith will obey the orders of their creators, IF this theory is even true.

Also, humans are not the Wraith's only food source, they could feed on Ancients and their own kind, so it's possible they could feed on other humanoid life as well, if there are any more in Pegasus, or even other types of life like some sort of lobster-like-people, or insectoids etc.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                Zelenka? Hmmm... I'm trying to remember that bloke, and I can't. I'm still in the US waiting impatiently for the rest of the freakin' season to start up again.
                Silly Spaz...Zelenka was that other guy who was helping Mckay figure out a solution in "the Storm" in the beginning of the episode.
                ~Athena

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering since Ford got scared by the virus but he have the ancient gene.
                  I don't think Ford has the gene.
                  ~Athena

Comment

Ford doesn't have the Ancient gene, but I think after "Hot Zone" he'll want one. How come Aiden is becoming a little jerk. He was so nice in the beginning! I don't like where this is heading; I can't see Aiden "beating up" someone like Zelenka. From what little has been established about him, it doesn't fit.

At least Carson finally used his first name. At least someone sees Aiden as more than just a gun with legs.
                    Liaison of F.O.R.D.
                    Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

I don't know if this has already been said, but I think the people who made the nano virus are in a similar situation to the Reetou from SG1. The Reetou had the plan of weakening the Goa'uld by eliminating possible hosts, the race that made the nano virus most likely decided to do a similar thing by killing off all the humans in the Pegasus galaxy in an effort to starve the Wraith to death.

Chances are though that when they tried to implement this plan the Ancients invervened and prevented them from releasing the virus and took a sample for themselves, possibly in an effort to develop a similar virus that targets Wraith.

My two cents.
                      "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                      http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Originally posted by darkwarden
                        I don't know if this has already been said, but I think the people who made the nano virus are in a similar situation to the Reetou from SG1. The Reetou had the plan of weakening the Goa'uld by eliminating possible hosts, the race that made the nano virus most likely decided to do a similar thing by killing off all the humans in the Pegasus galaxy in an effort to starve the Wraith to death.
                        I doubt it was a plan to starve the Wraith to death, maybe wear them down, becuase they could feed on Ancients and amongst themselves, so it's possible the Wraith could feed on other humanoid, or non-humanoid, life as well.

Comment

Sorry, my mistake. I thought he was piloting one of the puddle jumpers during an episode.

Comment

Sorry, my mistake. I thought he was piloting one of the puddle jumpers during an episode.
                            anyone can. It's just that the neural interface is easier to use.
                            sigpic

Comment

Everybody cannot pilot a puddle jumper. It requires the gene to respond to the pilot. If it wasn't a requirement, the Wraith would have just flown it out in "The Defiant One". Or they wouldn't have said something to the effect of "...a shot in the arm and a flying lesson and you think you can fly?" in the episode where they found the ZPM and those kids, I forget the name.
                              Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
                                Everybody cannot pilot a puddle jumper. It requires the gene to respond to the pilot. If it wasn't a requirement, the Wraith would have just flown it out in "The Defiant One". Or they wouldn't have said something to the effect of "...a shot in the arm and a flying lesson and you think you can fly?" in the episode where they found the ZPM and those kids, I forget the name.
                                You mean "Children's End"? Yeh..

But you have to consider that the PJs, along with other ATA devices, are made for a certain gene. As for the ATA Gene Therapy, Beckett already said that it only holds and stays within about 48% of the people injected. Zelenka is one of those people who can't have the ATA gene hold, Ford might not either (to keep him from being the pilot...)

Now let's talk the virus for a sec. It is also certain for a FACT that the thing isn't Ancient, either, since McKay states that he's never seen that type of technology before. This rules out the Wraith and the Ancients from having made that nanovirus. This is obvious foreshadowing for a new, powerful, enemy. I just hope they can be downed by a P90, this time around.
                                Enter my game site...

Comment

Working...
                                X