No announcement yet.

The Defiant One (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, did anyone notice a new Stargate Atlantis episode aired this week?

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
    of 'The Defiant One'

Now, this was cool. Entertaining from beginning to end, and lots of Wraith action. My only nitpick would have to be that it was said that the Ancients probably made their technology gene dependant after they encountered the Wraith, which doesn't make sense - what then about the outpost on Earth? Hm? Hmmmmm?

Character-wise, this one was big on Sheppard and McKay, while everyone else had very limited screen time. Good action involving Sheppard, and nice character moments for McKay. It's nice to have episodes from time to time that showcase the individual characters. When is Lt. Ford gonna get one? He's the one who needs it the most.

And now, for some Random observations!
    - This episode puts to rest any doubts that the Wraith were indeed the enemy who defeated the Ancients.
    - Sheppard thinks there's something different about this particular Wraith beside it having recently fed. Wonder if this will be elaborated upon later?
    - What about that Ancient defense satelite? Is it still functional?
    - The glowy bugs looked like the ones from 'Prodigy', but I guess they're not the same since the Wraith was able to squish them in his hands and all.
    - The deaths of the two Red Shirts give the Atlantis Expedition Team Death Count a grand total of 5. Unless I'm forgetting someone.
    - Suicide. Yikes.
    - Just after I left work today it started snowing. By the time I got home it was winter. I am unhappy now.

Yep, good episode. It will hold me over until the next one, at least. (Hmm... Which episode airs next week?) Party on.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by waz
      I don't know if thier will be but I have been hearing rumors.
      Rumors are never true.

Comment

Spolier about alpha site and ep 120.

Spoiler:
        After looking at some more reliable sources, ie. Gateworld in ep 120 the alpha site is mentioned
        Wier: Nice work Rodney!
        McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
        Wier: Yes, several times....
        [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

can some one tell me about the ancients weapons platform? details.
          come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

It was a big black thing about the size of a gou'ld mothership, it was the first line of defense against the wraith attack.....thats about all we know.

Comment

Wow...I just read that thing, waz. That's so stupid!

Comment

I would think they would have to have somehow gathered alot more supplies before they make another site or Atlantis will be greatly weakened by the loss of resources. If they've had contact with Earth then maybe they've brought more people over as there is a wealth of knowledge to be gained.

Comment

Everyone knows i love McKay, but the joke about "Maybe they're just smelling the girlish fear..", haha it makes me laugh every time. Even if it is at Mckay's expense.
                  I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by april_flower75
                    Everyone knows i love McKay, but the joke about "Maybe they're just smelling the girlish fear..", haha it makes me laugh every time. Even if it is at Mckay's expense.
                    I kept waiting for him to snap that it wasn't girlish fear, it was manly concern for everyone's wellbeing or something like that.

Comment

I think he was too concerned with the scary bug.
                      I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Wow. Puddle Jumper Shields. The Wraith darts don't stand a chance anymore

Overall, A good episode. Most importantly, we got to see a Glowy Jellyfish of DOOM! used.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          Wow. Puddle Jumper Shields. The Wraith darts don't stand a chance anymore

Overall, A good episode. Most importantly, we got to see a Glowy Jellyfish of DOOM! used.
                          out of curiosity, how can we be so sure that the shields havent been used before? i mean maybe they used them in some mission we didnt see, or maybe it happened while we were looking inside the jumper, we've just never seen anybody bother to use it on land cus its already cloaked anyway. and you'd think the ancients would've made it a little harder to jury rig a jumper...
                          and those werent exactly jellyfish...
                          Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
                          Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
                          Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
                          Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
                            out of curiosity, how can we be so sure that the shields havent been used before? i mean maybe they used them in some mission we didnt see, or maybe it happened while we were looking inside the jumper, we've just never seen anybody bother to use it on land cus its already cloaked anyway. and you'd think the ancients would've made it a little harder to jury rig a jumper...
                            and those werent exactly jellyfish...
                            In The Lost City, Part 2, the Ancient Drone weapons looked like Jellyfish. Since then, they've appeared to change the CG slightly, but they are still Glowy Jellyfish of DOOM.
                            sigpic

Comment

great ep, i loved it as always. i love the way shep goes about his one on one battles, like with kolya from the storm/eye. it seems like he's teasing/provoking them but its really a diverstion. it seems he has a great tacticle mind. oh and a suicide i love the darkness i hope it gets a bit darker, one thing that kind bugged me about sg1 was the lack of darkness.

a few observations about topics in the thread
                              • 'Prodigy' bugs: sure its a nit pick but they were a bit similar, any poisible solutions to that problem. they are the say and choice to interact with the enviroemnt (candy bar) or has any one noticed evolution dosn't seem to work its best in the SG universe alot of specis ending up looking the same, maybe its a diffrent evolution that just looks the same. or the producers are cheap, or its a new CG company that didn't know about the prodigy bugs
                              • PJ Sheilds: i think they knew the PJ had sheilds because when shep said "we can get in once u lower the sheilds" mckey wasn't freaking out going "wow we have sheilds?" he was like ok unless it faded to black to fast. also we may have never seen them because they have never been fired at at these sheilds seem to need to be interacted with (hit or shot at) to glow/show up
                              • Greg: Greg was cool, gotta love any villian who goes on about doom and what not, as for him crushing the bugs, i think he might have been eating them, or just swatting them away. he was smart good to see wraith are smart on their own, they know how ancient systems work enought o by-pass the gene thing and turn on the sheild manually. to bad he got killed by the glowing jelly fish of doom but what else could shep have done he might have been killed otherwise. also him being the only wraith to refer to atlantis, maybe the ancients pulled a fast one on the wraith made em think the city was destroyed.
                              • Wraith Grenades: why do the wraith have explosive grenades, they like cooked human now? it was pirtty obvius when shep found em they were grenades i just thought they were gunna be stun grenades like flashbangs or them gou'ld flash balls.

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                                [*]Wraith Grenades: why do the wraith have explosive grenades, they like cooked human now? it was pirtty obvius when shep found em they were grenades i just thought they were gunna be stun grenades like flashbangs or them gou'ld flash balls. [/list]
                                You have to remember this was 10, 000 years ago when the wraith were at war with ancients that’s the reason he was carrying grandes. The wraith cargo ship was shot down 10, 000 years ago so Greg has been on that planet for 10, 000 years.
                                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                                X