No announcement yet.

The Defiant One (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah good point I think they called it the “ocean city” or something like that.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I'm getting the feeling that the Prodigy bugs have a future purpose in the series, simply to justify what the heck they were doing in the Pegasus galaxy.
      Enter my game site...

Comment

i thought the glowy bugs were cute..
        I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
          I'm getting the feeling that the Prodigy bugs have a future purpose in the series, simply to justify what the heck they were doing in the Pegasus galaxy.
          Silly Gothann! Remember that one guy was like "The atmosphere is highly ionized?" Well I don't have the ep on me right now, but on SG-1, there was a similar situation on the planets.

The only difference, is that the ones on SGA aren't hostile.

Comment

I'd be amazed if the bugs were meant to have any significance beyond being a plot device.

Comment

the bugs were diferent.
              in sg1 they were bigger and passed through our bodies.
              the ones in sga didnt so no future for bugs sorry

Comment

Defiant One spoilers
                Spoiler:
                the wraith in this episode said that defeat is impossible since atlantis was the last one who stood. so something happened then that stop the wraith from defeating atlantis, maybe weir came bk from the future??
                Last edited by GateGipsy; 17 November 2004, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I loved this episode! Absolutely loved it.

But then, with two of my favorite characters occupying the main story, how could I not?

A tiny list of numerous things that made me laugh and/or smile at the same time:

- Sheppard and McKay. Oh, the joys of the witty banter. It's like they've been going on missions forever.

- "Don't let go of the controls!" Heh.

- Their mutual efforts in convincing Weir to let them investigate the Wraith ship.

- "I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio."

- "You've got to be kiddin' me!"

And then there were the more serious stuff which I equally enjoyed; particularly JF's and DH's performances throughout.

Hewlett was so great when he was reacting to Gaul having aged and when he heard the gun go off. And all the little reaction shots in between. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: He has such an expressive face.

And Flanigan was just awesome; playing mind games with the Wraith and challenging him the way that he did.

The only thing that I wasn't so fond of in this episode were the Glowy Alien Insects. (I know it's already been brought up, but I want to play too, so... ) Their remarkable resemblance with the insects from Prodigy kind of annoyed me. Are they supposed to be related to them in some way? Because otherwise they don't make much sense to me, except for them proving very useful in blowing up the almost impossibly hard-to-kill Wraith.

And I still think that Ford is in need of some serious character development. It's gotten better, but nowhere near enough, IMO.

Oh, and McKay to the rescue! That was excellent.
                  Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Gentle plea for people to remember that while past eps of Atlantis don't need spoiler warnings in ep discussions, future eps do. If it hasn't aired yet, it's definitely a spoiler and should be tagged as such. Thankies.

And I still say the bugs were stupid. Sorry, and I don't care if there are some nitpicky little differences, they're still too similar for my tastes. What's the point? Sure, some bug designs may be universal, but if you have a chance to make them visibly, obviously different, why not do so?

Comment

What was with the Wraith spending all his time killing them, anyway? Is he really that simple?

Comment

Good episode, but I was REALLY dissapointed we didn't discover more. More tech the good guys get, the better. It'd have been cool if we went above the weapons station and discovered all it needed was a measly ZPM . It probably would need about 10............

This really should be revisited at a later date, potenial alpha site.

Another thought, how long would a wraith be able to feed of another wraith? Seeing as though they don't naturally age and the wraith 'suck your years away from you'. That wraith looked normal(the one that had been fed off).
                        Last edited by waz; 17 November 2004, 11:16 AM.
                        Wier: Nice work Rodney!
                        McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
                        Wier: Yes, several times....
                        [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

waz, stop expecting SGA to become SG1. It's not going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                            waz, stop expecting SGA to become SG1. It's not going to happen
                            What exactly do you mean by that?

Comment

SGA is it's entirely own show. Having an alpha site would just inch it closer and closer to being like SG1- something that many (including myself) don't want to see happen.

Comment

I don't know if thier will be but I have been hearing rumors.

Comment

Working...
                                X