The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jolinarsam
    I felt waterlogged just watching this episode. Why did they have to stand outside in the pouring rain waiting? They couldn't move the few feet back under the roof? I bet the actors got sick of it. The scenes were long the way it was without even considering retakes.
    McKay asked Koyla if they could wait out of the rain but he wouldn't let them.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
      McKay asked Koyla if they could wait out of the rain but he wouldn't let them.
      Yeah, I just didn't understand the reasoning for it. For punishment I guess. But Koyla was getting just as soaked as they were. So it would have been just as easy to stay inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinarsam
        Yeah, I just didn't understand the reasoning for it. For punishment I guess. But Koyla was getting just as soaked as they were. So it would have been just as easy to stay inside.
        Maybe he's of the "suffering makes me stronger" mentality. It'd fit with his personality.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Maybe he's of the "suffering makes me stronger" mentality. It'd fit with his personality.
          Plus, it's easier to defend and block...only one doorway instead of a hallway.
          Kiyuchan
          Nudara @ AIM
          livejournal.com/~kiyuchan

Comment

okay, i only watched both parts today, and this is the first of the 11 eps i decided to actually post, in the week or so i have been watching them.

Pwn3d - A term commonly used by computer gaming community, which denotes a player, or team of players, who are winning by a large amount, or a situation in which one player dominates another. The word "Pwn" is the actual process of this occuring, after you "Pwn" someone, you can say you "Pwn3d" themI will show how this word can be included into Star Gate : Atlantis. "Pwn" is the same as the chess piece, "Pwn3d" is adding a Dee sound to the end.

1. This is a picture of a Red Dot Laser Sight, on the head of a genni strike force member. Note they are unaware of their enemy. Sheppard who will be the "Pwn3r"

2. As the camera pans up, you see a silhouttte against the roof and smoke from a smoke grenade.

3. In a very "splinter cell" moment, lightning flashes, and shows our hero, holding onto the railings with his hand and feet.

4. Aiming down to the enemy below, we see Sheppard ready to "Pwn" the gennii. The shot changes and gunfire is heard.

5. This man, having heard the gunfire, and being in radio contact, asks if they see him, or if they got him, and then finally asks for a report. The Gennii have been "Pwn3d" and no report is forthcoming.

6. The Gennii watches the scanner reading, and sees the life signs of the gennii group flash and die, just like the men.

This has been a small lecture on the word "Pwn3d" and it's application in Star Gate : Atlantis.
            ---------------

This is one of the best Episodes of any television show i have ever watched, it combined the sci fi aspect, military aspect, the revenge story, the one man army, the saving of the proverbial maiden by the knight in dark black armour, into a very tight very watchable episode.

All the performances are very good, even the guy from the no.5 point above, his eyes actually widen as he hears the gunfire and starts talking, brilliant. I only wished we could see more "kill zones" for sheppard to "pwn" the gennii strike team, as that would have been super cool.

The part above, and the shield part was the best parts of an outstanding episode (i was actually wondering how he would stop the 60 guys coming in), if he did'nt become ruthless, i would have doubted his character alot, especially after they said Weir was killed. I wonder if a P90 is able to have a silencer, if not he could have shot the strike team tech guy, and then gotten 2 or 3 of the people on the ground. Why didnt he go straight for Koyla. Probably didnt want to risk it.

Koyla was a brilliant bad guy, the interplay between him and Shepperd was amazing, the interplay between McKay and Weir was also great (no, i am not a McWeir shipper thanks), as was his reaction to Koyla saying that he killed Weir was total Uber Soldier "I WILL kill you!" Brilliant. Even Ford had something to do, although i was hoping he would have to do a uber killing like Sheppard though. I loved how Sheppard told Ford to put down the wraith stunner, and Ford did it instantly, he knew he was going to have to anyway. It was like they only got it so that he didnt have to kill the 2 gennii holding Sheppard hostage. Which would have been much cooler than stunning them.

The Special effects, the interior sets (setting a show inside a massive rain storm intensifys the action and story), the acting, the plot. Brilliant.

Only a couple of letdowns. Beckett, if i was Ford, i would have left him in the jumper. He did not shut up once. They were heavily outnumbered, with little knowledge about the threat, and he kept going on and on and on. Then there was Treyla\Hot Chick girlfight, which seemed a little useless and boring after it went on for a bit. I was hoping the chick would win, and about to strike the deathblow and then have to evacuate. The ending was awesom, if only they let Steve go as well. He will make an excellent future bad guy military leader against the SGA team. I dont know if anyone cleared this up (it probably has been though) but Koyla did not ask if HIS son was dead, but if ATHOR's son was killed.

This episode was brilliant. Very few downsides, that were quite minimal.
            Last edited by macktheknife; 01 March 2005, 03:23 AM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Nice episode, well finished. I definately prefer the Genii in this story, much nastier than their first outing. And Shep goes Die Hard, most excellent. Good to see McKay getting some much needed character development, too.
              sigpic

Comment

"Sheppard is Spiderman!" without the Spidey costume... and thank you's to Gate Trippin' for Sheppard's intriguing new nickname: "Spidey-Shep!"

...it'd be a great tease to have (some) viewers believing that the bug from "38 Minutes" had injected him with such agility and abilities, but I think Sheppard was that way long before he touched ground on Antartica in the Season-1 ep: "RISING".

I must also give credit where credit is due - to the original person who thought of the Spiderman comparison in the first place, see back a few postings to post # 246...on page 13 -forum's default page mode:

Originally posted by NightGloom:
                Even though I knew what was going to happen thanks to spoilers and everything, I still enjoyed the episode. Yay! Sheppard is Spiderman!
                Just reading that comment was a *great* highlight!
                Definitely very amusing just thinking about it... But because it's been a few months since I first read this ep topic, it took me an entire weekend to find this reference again in support of Sheppard's actions (see THE STORM episode topic in spoiler format under post # 301)... glad I *finally* found the original quote, or this would have been mentioned sooner.

The "Sheppard is Spiderman!" sort of confused me at first, because I thought it was a reference to the actual movie... until I remembered about the rafters scene during SG:A's the EYE. *Cool* stuff!

...and thank you's also to macktheknife for posting the rafters segment pictures (see post # 320 back a few posts inside this very THE EYE topic), and providing the additional Pwn3d info. I think Shep was outnumbered, but had the advantage of going into total stealth mode! Of course, the red beam would have given his position away, had anyone else noticed...and that would not have been good for him. Hopefully, the pics will be there for a while?

...There were 2 other pictures a few pages back further, about the city being struck by lightning during the storm and another CGI effects photo, but those pics seem to have vanished ever since the forums went down several times since then.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
                  There were 2 other pictures a few pages back further, about the city being struck by lightning during the storm and another CGI effects photo, but those pics seem to have vanished ever since the forums went down several times since then.
                  Since this is the spoiler thread, I guess these can be posted.

And the best shot

Simply breath-taking special effects that didn't seem like effects when you saw them. They looked utterly real.

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                  (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Eye4013664.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Eye4014540.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Eye4017709.jpg

And the best shot

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Eye4104298.jpg

Simply breath-taking special effects that didn't seem like effects when you saw them. They looked utterly real.
                    Great caps.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652:
                      *wow!* ...double *WOW!!* (and still awesome looking)
                      the pictures are back >> with a jolt!

...sort of speaks the magnitude of "why" they all had to find a *safe* place.

Comment

I just want to say that I think this episode was a turning point for the series. The first half of the season was good, most of my fave eps were in the first ten, but I think it was still developing and just not as strong as it is now. Sheppard/Flanigan was so great in this ep (and in The Storm).. and I dunno.. it just felt like from this point on everything we saw was going to be awesome and yes, the special effects are cool. Anyway, I think everyone had a strong performance and the story really worked. ..that's just how I feel

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
                        "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
                        www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

Just watched this again and well...one of the best in season one. Very dramatic and powerful.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
                            [COLOR=DarkOrchid]
                            ...and thank you's also to macktheknife for posting the rafters segment pictures (see post # 320 back a few posts inside this very THE EYE topic), and providing the additional Pwn3d info. I think Shep was outnumbered, but had the advantage of going into total stealth mode! Of course, the red beam would have given his position away, had anyone else noticed...and that would not have been good for him. Hopefully, the pics will be there for a while?
                            I think I deleted them ages ago.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

And the best shot

best special effects of the whole 1st season.

i loved the genii in this episode especially at the things they try to do to get their hands on some tech to kill the wraith. cant wait to see some more of them in season 2

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Eye4013664.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Eye4014540.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Eye4017709.jpg

And the best shot

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Eye4104298.jpg

I loved these shots. The guys who did them did a great job. Thanks for posting them watcher625.

Comment

Working...
                                X