The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewbert
    I don't understand how the lightning idea would work... once lightning struck, wouldn't the sheilds go up, blocking anymore lightning strikes?
    Well, when the shield went down again, It would nearly instantly be back up. So I'm assuming a neverending cycle of On for a few seconds, off for like half a second, repeat.

That would still save the city.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      By the way, if people are going to be including snippets of dialogue from eps that have just aired, might it not be wise to put those snippets in spoiler tags so that anyone who hasn't seen the ep yet won't have part of the story ruined?
      Mine is to hilarious of a moment to through into spoiler tags! Plus, it gives away no core information.

(Don't smite me!)

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
        Mine is to hilarious of a moment to through into spoiler tags! Plus, it gives away no core information.

(Don't smite me!)
        <Smites DFA with a stapler>
        sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah. Oh yeah.

This episode coincided with the RL intrusion of Hurricane Ivan into many peoples' lives, giving it a tad more punch. Add some treachery, some truly despicable villains and one hell of a cliffhanger and you've got "The Storm".

I can see how the Manarians and Sgt. Bates got along so well. Sliiiiiimyyyy people. Hopefully Sheppard & Co. will pay the Manarian leader a return visit soon and return the "favor".

Not too much from Teyla so far, but I've seen the preview pictures for "The Eye", so all is not lost.

Ford: Aside from the (good) strong motivation to return to Atlantis (on a jumper piloted by Beckett, through a hurricane, with civilians aboard? Think, man!), he's again relegated to Lt. State-The-Obvious. ("You mean to say-?" Please. We can follow a plot just fine by ourselves.) The man needs some dialogue worthy of his place in the credits.

Beckett: I could just eat him up with a spoon. "Inoculating some wee babies..."

Weir: Uh-huh. The writers gave her some good meaty stuff this week. Of course, her best diplomatic arguments weren't effective with Kolya...

McKay: At his intense best. Loved the interaction with Zelenka. "Leaning" on the comm panel in order to let Sheppard know what was going on...delegating the most physically demanding grounding station tasks to Sheppard...

Sora: Came across quite a bit softer than I was expecting her to be; described as a "skilled fighter" in "Underground" and bent on vengeance, I expected her to be ruthless. Maybe once Teyla shows up the claws will come out...

Kolya: Wow. What a character (and portayed so well!) Ice cold, smart and able to stay (so far) a step ahead of Sheppard in terms of negotiating position.

Sheppard: Loving the cat-and-mouse stuff: hiding the C-4 (but placing a walkie-talkie there instead); anyone else wonder why he didn't put his jumper in "cloaked" mode to conceal his location if he needed to? (in "Underground" they left a jumper invisible on the Wraith ship...)

The cliffhanger was just great. (and of course left me wondering why the SG-1 summer finale couldn't have given us something half as juicy instead of the Deus Ex Machina Du Jour stuff.)

It's going to be a looooooooong wait.
          We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Not everyone is cut out to be a hero. SOME people have to act as the voices of rationality in a sea of kamikaze testosterone. As frustrated as I am with Beckett's reluctance, I also understand and sympathize with him. He's also thinking of the young, innocent lives he has onboard. Lives which will be in jeopardy not only from the flight attempt, but from any battle taking place at Atlantis which, itself, isn't terribly safe from the storm.
            Kamikaze testosterone. Nicely put, seriously (I'm not being snitty; actually, I'm laughing). And I had forgotten about the three Athosians onboard and Beckett's likely more "rational" when it comes to saving lives. Point taken. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
              <Smites DFA with a stapler>
              Now I'll never get the cover of SciFI weekly, with a staple in my forehead!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I was BLOWN away by the Storm
                *snicker*

No really..I really really liked it.
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                  I was BLOWN away by the Storm
                  *snicker*

No really..I really really liked it.
                  Okay, bad joke...but I sense hope for you. Yes, it was good. Can't wait for "The Eye"! [Counts down to January]

Comment

Originally posted by NurseRatched
                    Oh yeah. Oh yeah.

Sora: Came across quite a bit softer than I was expecting her to be; described as a "skilled fighter" in "Underground" and bent on vengeance, I expected her to be ruthless. Maybe once Teyla shows up the claws will come out...
                    Yeah maybe her and Teyla will fight hand to hand or with poles.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                      Okay, bad joke...but I sense hope for you. Yes, it was good. Can't wait for "The Eye"! [Counts down to January]
                      So is this where I say that I hope the Atlantis crew sticks it to them in The Eye? *blinks innocently*

Comment

Someone hand me my Kull gauntlets.

Maat, you've got a 5 second head start.....go.

Comment

Great Episode!!

I thought how interesting that the Manarans (is that who they were?) are not the 'nice' guys we thought they were. I wonder if SGA finds out how they were deceived.

McKay and Zelenka were cool. How they both look like they are trying to out do each other.

The ending was great. The gatelet was jumping up and down wondering why they do that to us. Can't wait until part two.
                          No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

why of all the episodes to mis did I miss Underground!!!! This episode was awesome! I hope we get to see Sheppard go darkside on Koyla and I mean darkside! Their is gonna be a wild showdown between those two a battle of which titans would run from! Can't wait till January now... Has anyone figured out cryogenics yet?

Comment

Whether Kolya believed her or not, I kept wondering why Weir didn't tell him (when he asked why she would assume that the people from Earth were more likely to have the gene) that the Ancients not only came from our galaxy to the Pegasus galaxy, but also that they probably originated on Earth?

J.
                              "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

That would be giving intel to the enemy.

Comment

Working...
                                X