The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiefchucky
    At the end I thought McKay looked like he was contemplating diving infront of the bullet but then I realised that if he divulged so much information from just a little cut that he wouldn't do somethin like that.
    Actually, I was thinking he might do the same thing. And I don't think it's unlikely. Rodney divulged info because he was trying to save himself. But if ANOTHER person's life is in danger, that's where Rodney truly shines. He'll go to great lengths to try and save one of his teammates, even if it means MORE pain for himself.

Comment

I'm sorry you feel that you/your country is inferior to Americans/America. America's habit of slapping around people who've screwed with American citizens has gone back to the War of 1812 and the Barbary Pirates incident, which if you'll note was long before its status as a super-power. But you're absolutely right, this shouldn't be about any real or percieved American superiority, so please stop.

Chiefchucky: I don't know, McKay's had a couple of times where his (small) brave side has come out. He might surprise us yet.

Comment

Not to change the subject but how do you think they will get the last grounding station to disconnect?

Comment

Maybe Shepard will manually knock it off or shoot at it?

Oh and...not to change the subject...and no disrespect to Joe Flanagen...

but don't you think Shepard rank a bit like a girl after he disconnected the second ground station?

Not like an all out girl, but the thing he did with his left hand was kind of weird. He's never done it before..

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
            Not to change the subject but how do you think they will get the last grounding station to disconnect?
            Subject change sounds good to me.

Bringer, it's never safe to assume anything about anyone on these boards. Neither age, nor nationality, profession or political leanings. It's not cool.

Comment

As a matter of fact, I'm American, myself. But the sheer arrogance and condescension exhibited by some of my fellow countrymen is so mortifying and obnoxious that it makes me kinda twitchy when I see it.

Can we leave the political grandstanding and flag waving OUT of this thread? This is about ATLANTIS, not "My country is the greatest!"

BACK ON THE SUBJECT...

I have a question: what keeps Atlantis rooted in place? What prevents it from floating around the oceans of Atlantea (or whatever you want to call the planet)? I sure hope it wasn't those lightning rod things...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                I have a question: what keeps Atlantis rooted in place? What prevents it from floating around the oceans of Atlantea (or whatever you want to call the planet)? I sure hope it wasn't those lightning rod things...
                My guess is either:

A) A small thruster system, or B) an anchoring system. Either could be of the fancy nifty Ancient tech version. But if it's the lightening rods they're in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  I'm pulling for Weir to do something ridiculous to save herself
                  I forsee some karate chopping in January.
                  "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                    This is supposed to be the best and the brightest, but right now they're all seeming like a bunch of morons. No way it should have been that easy for the genai to take siege.
                    What are you talking about? If anything they showed that it takes an extreme set of circumstances to take Atlantis (capture a GDO, have a guy talk about being under fire, have a large storm so no one is at Atlantis, and have everyone in disguse).

That's an extremely specific set of circumstances. Besides, how hard would it be for a crack military team to take out 3 soldiers, a diplomat and a scientist, especially when two of the soldiers think you're refugees and walk right into point blank range of your commander?

BYE
                    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Just finished watching, best episode yet in my opinion...starting to warm up to atlantis, could hardly fault it.....i wasnt looking forward to waiting a week to see it, so im even more peeved that theyre making us wait 3 months typical of them though
                      Teal'c : In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you.

Daniel: Besides, who am I going to tell? I dont remember anybody, right?
                      O'Neill : Good one..
                      Daniel: Thanks Jim.

Comment

i loved the episode but the first thing that came to my mind when i heard the storm was comin at atlantis was move it (atlantis) get the tow chains out and pull it with the puddle jumpers

thats one of the first things i woulda thought of

any one else agree?

Comment

Originally posted by jbrd79
                          i loved the episode but the first thing that came to my mind when i heard the storm was comin at atlantis was move it (atlantis) get the tow chains out and pull it with the puddle jumpers

thats one of the first things i woulda thought of

any one else agree?
                          It depends on how the city is anchored. Also, I'm pretty sure you'd need more than just two jumpers to move it. And exactly where would you move it to? And even if you had TEN jumpers operating at full capacity... how fast would they be moving? Fast enough to keep ahead of the storm?

Comment

i thought thay had 5 jumpers

but thay could of at least discouraged the idea like thay did for cutting power from the un necisary sections and only putting sheilds on the vital parts

IMO trying to tow it is the quick easy solution

Comment

Originally posted by jbrd79
                              IMO trying to tow it is the quick easy solution
                              Simple physics. Atlantis is MUCH bigger than the jumpers, it is highly unlikely that they could tow the city at any reasonable speed to out distance the storm.

Comment

There is no place for it to go anyway. Atlantis' planet is a freaking ocean, with one massive continent. So it would have no place to go.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                                X