X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...................haha
    sigpic

Comment

i loved it beause we got a glimpse of their personal lives.But what fascinates me the most is that the ancients built a stargate in the middle of nowhere
      go to triplekill.com

Comment

nice episode, the beginning is very good looking. I love the fog! (remins me on that Planet in SG-1 with the shrinking town-in-the-bubble)

But what is doing Hammond on the SGCs? that is a huge mistake. Actually Weir and the others have should from that moment on that it's not real. Sure he could get the command back but the he has should have say so. I like DSD but why was he there? And I waited and waited and waited and waited that they explain it, but not even a hint! I mean even people that don't knwo sg-1 know from the Trailer that it's Jack who in in charge because we see that in the Pilot. Not that I wanted to see Jack but it's just not right (and does anybody else had teh feeling the SGC was so empty? like everybody was on holiday)

I mean how the plot is going wasn't too difficult to figure out only that the creatures were the fog/energie was a bit surprising. Liked it just why did the ancients installed there a stargate? was there once another culture? and now the fog inhabits the planet or did the fog-people where human-like once?

McKay comment at the end "how do we know that this is real" is very Outer-Limits-like, very good!
        Actually he was very good in that episode, like Shep
        "you shot me???"
        "you're already dead"

Actually I liked everybody in this episode (for the first time also Teyla )

But the Johnny Cash poster in Sheps house is a giveaway, he took that with him to Atlantis
        Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
        Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
        If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
        "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

REALLY liked this episode. I got the vibe that all was not as it seemed, but was surprised that they were experiencing different illusions. Nice touch. And I liked the way they intercut Weir's and McKay's realities.

Like most have said, it would have been nice to see SG-1 - or at least Carter. Who would believe that McKay would have returned to Earth and not searched her out?!?! Come on! And even though it's true that Hammond is oversees the SGC from Washington, it would have made sense for us to see O'Neill. Ah well.

Still really liked this episode a lot. Interesting to see what illusions their minds would help create.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I thought this was an interesting ep--I've watched it three or four times.

One of the big giveaways that things were hinky was Shep's place. I mean, the lemons would've looked like a Lemon Wraith had got them if it was real! I didn't notice the J. Cash poster the first time, but then when I did realize it, that was an obvious giveaway to hinkiness.

Actually, my teensy-weensy b*tch is that if Shep is going to put together a wicked awesome bachelor pad, then why have Coors in the fridge, for crying out loud?!

As an affirmed beer-geek (I love craft and micro brews), he could've done a lot better. Teyla didn't seem to mind, but man, to introduce her to beer with Coors?! That's like introducing someone to Earth cuisine by taking them to McDonalds!

BTW, if you really like Coors, then please forgive me. I'm not trying to insult anyone--besides Shep! Heck, even O'Neill has Guinness and Fat Tire on hand--which is at least a start!

My suggestions, if he wanted to stay with local Coloradan beers, would've been Fat Tire or another less-obvious New Belgium beer, and an amber or pale ale from O'Dells, Breckenridge, Tommyknockers, Avery (might be a bit bold, though), Great Divide, or Flying Dog (might have to explain the name and artwork a bit).
            Last edited by Jill_Ion; 08 December 2006, 02:41 PM. Reason: Wrong beer! It's Coors, not Coors Light. D'oh!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Maybe Shep likes Coors light?

Maybe his tastes have been defined by the amount of time he has spent on assignment abroad - or up in Antarctica - where probably nice local micro brews etc weren't readily available..
              sigpic

Comment

But that's...that's...that's just so sad! :wink:

Yeah, I know, I'm projecting and judging. Bad Jill! Bad Jill!

I'm usually a "live and let live" kinda person. And honestly, if Shep were a real person, then I'd say if he likes Coors, then fine. Since he's fictional, I don't mind tweaking him a bit. I'm just sayin' I would have enjoyed seeing him be a little more adventurous in his beverage selection.

(I'm sure there was a practical reason why Coors was actually chosen, but I'm not going to get into that.)

And if I were a fictional character in that 'verse who knew Shep was down in Antarctica with only ACB, I would've sent him a care package, if possible.

What beverage people drink on TV or in movies is something I notice. Same goes for people who are into other things - they notice when something is anachronistic or not to their particular liking. No biggie.
                Last edited by Jill_Ion; 08 December 2006, 02:42 PM. Reason: Wrong beer, see above.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

"I'm With Genius". 'Nuff said.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I really do think that the energy beings are assended ancients. They act a bit weird but 10000 years is a long time and even ancient culture must change. You can't tell anything from their appearance as they are non corporial but I still like to think of them as ancients.
                    sigpic
                    Beckett: What shall ah say?
                    Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
                    Beckett: I wish who was here?
                    Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
                    Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

Comment

I like this episode and when I first saw it...it confused me. Cause, I kept seeing General Hammond...and I remember that O'Neill was the General at the SGC. I actually thought that something was wrong when everyone where put in different places. At first I thought that Sheppard was going nuts when he aimed his gun at his friend's from the military. Then I realized what he was saying. That his friend's where already dead. I loved his line: The dead people where a dead give away. I just laughed at that. Teyla was funny to watch at how she acted in the limo and buying clothes. This was a fun episode to watch and everyone did a great job playing different parts. Weir from SGC/Weir from Atlantis...McKay from SGC/McKay from Atlantis. It was almost like watching an episode from SG-1.

Comment

This was a very good episode love watching it, have seen this episode at least 4 times so far and enjoyed there acting very much. This is one of my many favorite episodes from season one..

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                        Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                        http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

New to this forum but not to SG.

I love this episode!! The moment where Sheppard says that his 2 army buddies died always gives me goosebumps no matter how many times I see it....
                          Save Dr Carson Beckett!!

"I was sure I was gonna wake up dead this morning"

"Ah yes, let's race towards the gunfire"

"We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get??"

"And you are Lord Mot, here to punish us for our insolence....etcetera, yada, et al."

Comment

Hi! loved the episode! I have to Nitpick for a minute! How does the "Mist People" expect them to know that the "mist" is actually "mist people"? And why put a stargate there if they know that itwould kill them.

Comment

I never got that part either? Same with the water race from watergate (S4 sg1)..

Comment

well, both the mist and water probably didnt cover the entire planet at the time the stargates were built, and the stargate is a superconducter so it doesnt do it on "purpose"

Comment

Working...
                                X