No announcement yet.

Home (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't get into this episode although it did add a few nice angles on the characters. However it is definately the worst episode in the series so far, mainly because it was stupid, I mean surely they would notice quicker than they did that there was something a little too wrong in the world they were in!

Comment

Nice episode. It was good to see Weir get out and about for a change.
      I liked the touch with McKays answerphone. He's been away for ages, but no-one's tried to call him! And Shep's party scene was really good.
      Nice to see that even alien women can be corrupted by western consumerism, too.
      sigpic

Comment

Please forgive me if I'm repeating a point someone else has made, but - a big clue that all is not as it seems when Weir and Co. return to "Earth", is that "Hammond" is wearing the two stars of a Major General, rather than the three stars of a Lt. General. He got promoted, remember?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Did anyone notice that Weir's husband was the guy who played a Tollan in SG1 ?

btw i hate weir

ps: i think this is my first post on gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by miguelslo

btw i hate weir

Welcome to the party. No need to be shy, we're all friends here.

Regarding Dr. Weir - why has no one (O'Neill for example) said: "Didn't you used to be a blonde?"
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by miguelslo

btw i hate weir

Welcome to the Forum.

Dr. Weir is NOT married, that "Tollan" was Narim (in SG-1). In SGA, in both seasons, he was Simon, her "gentleman" friend, um,
              Spoiler:
              ex now, I guess.
              (played by actor Garwin Sanford)

How very nice you "hate" Dr. Weir, I'm certain that was a tough decision for you.

Enjoy your time here.
              Last edited by Lida; 28 July 2005, 10:30 AM.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I'm currently rewatching this ep. in syndication and did anyone notice that they used a different gate travel sequence in this one (I think). It has a bunch of colors sweeping by in the tunnel, not just blue. I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I don't wan't to search through the whole thread.

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153
                  I'm currently rewatching this ep. in syndication and did anyone notice that they used a different gate travel sequence in this one (I think). It has a bunch of colors sweeping by in the tunnel, not just blue. I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I don't wan't to search through the whole thread.

Are you comparing it to the SG1 sequence or to other Atlantis ones? I know the SG1 sequences look different than the Atlantis ones, but I've never noticed Home being different than the other Atlantic sequences. And was it when they went to the mist world or when they traveled to Earth?
                  It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

The wormhole sequence is slightly different but it's still greenish blue. My guess was the difference in the wormhole was kind of a hint to show that the reality wasn't real and different.

I have a couple screen caps if you want to compare.

Regular wormhole:

"Home" wormhole:
                    ~Athena

Comment

Yeah, I like "Home's" wormhole. Do you have other pictures of "Home's" wormhole?
                      STARGATE ICARUS
                      Premiering April 20, 2006
                      Website coming soon. Forum:www.colonelmoore.proboards2.com

Comment

I hadnt notced any difference Good episode though
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                          The wormhole sequence is slightly different but it's still greenish blue. My guess was the difference in the wormhole was kind of a hint to show that the reality wasn't real and different.

I have a couple screen caps if you want to compare.

Regular wormhole:

"Home" wormhole:

Great pics!

And I would probably agree with your guess too. Just a hint.
                          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

They had lots of those little hints, didn't they?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col. Moore (Icarus)
                              Yeah, I like "Home's" wormhole. Do you have other pictures of "Home's" wormhole?
                              Did you mean more pictures like the one above?

I have several, since I get screen cap happy sometimes, and the "Home" wormhole makes nice textures for wallpapers. I'll just link you to it. Don't want to spam the thread with pictures of wormholes.

"Home" Wormhole:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../homeworm5.jpg
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../homeworm4.jpg
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../homeworm3.jpg
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../homeworm2.jpg
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../homeworm1.jpg
                              ~Athena

Comment

Thank you.
                                STARGATE ICARUS
                                Premiering April 20, 2006
                                Website coming soon. Forum:www.colonelmoore.proboards2.com

Comment

Working...
                                X