Home (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Tyler
    They probably reasoned that if they didn't report back Atlantis would dial in looking for them. Since they couldn't contact Atlantis and tell them not to dial in, they figured that the Myst creatures would have to suffer at least one more Stargate activation, so they might as well use it to get home (to Altantis).
    This was my assumption as well. They promised never to come back, not never to leave

Comment

Ouch. Oh, well. "Listen, we're really sorry; we didn't know what we were doing, and we certainly didn't intend to kill any of you, let alone millions. So we'll only ice a dozen or so more, OK?"

Other than that, though, definitely a fun episode.
      That will be all, Citizen. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice daycycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Standback
        Just one question, though: how does the team get back to Atlantis from the Mist Planet? Gating would presumably kill at least a few of those energy creatures, and Shep specifically said that puddlejumping would take, what was it, 408 years? What's the deal - it's OK to kill a few mistbeingthingies?
        Yes, Gating would kill a few more of the Mist. It's not OK. But as "Hammond" said, when other beings visited their world, there were those who made the sacrifice for the greater good, knowing that the offworlders would never return. It was only because the Mist knew that the Atlantis expedition was going to use the Gate repeatedly that they tried to stop them.

I'm sure all of the team was dismayed to find out that they had unwittingly killed anyone/anything. Especially McKay, since it was all his idea in the first place.

Non-corporeal life forms are pretty common, it seems.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I don't know if anyone has noticed it before me - In 'Home', the Wormhole sequences are not the same that in the other episodes. I mean, the wormhole itself is different only in 'Home' ... you can see it on the Attached Picture of this message.

I assume this is a preliminary version of the wormhole, because last time I saw this different wormhole was in an early SciFi teaser for 'Rising' ... and in the complete version of 'Rising' we have the 'real wormhole' (this one).

So ? Is this a news for you, or have you already noticed the thing ?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
            I don't know if anyone has noticed it before me - In 'Home', the Wormhole sequences are not the same that in the other episodes. I mean, the wormhole itself is different only in 'Home' ... you can see it on the Attached Picture of this message.

<snip>

So ? Is this a news for you, or have you already noticed the thing
            Yes, I noticed it the first time. The Wormhole effect is different because they're Gating all the way back to Earth instead of just Gating around the Pegasus Galaxy. Or at least they think they are. The Wormhole effect was longer than usually, implying a longer trip. It was sneaky of the show to imply that the team was Gating home when they were actually still on the planet. But that's what the team were expecting, so that's what we saw.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

OK ... but ... I don't know ... in 'Rising' ... the wormhole between two galaxies (Earth > Atlantis or Milky Way > Pegasus) is exactly the same we see in the following episodes when they travel between two Pegasus planets => this one.

And the wormhole we see in 'Home' is ONLY in 'Home' ... we don't see it in 'Rising' ... in my opinion this special wormhole isn't an 'intergalactic wormhole' ... as I said, I really think it was a preliminary version ... and the fact that it is in 'Home' is maybe an error ... they forgot they had the definitive wormhole, the one we see in all the other episodes ...

Well actually I don't know and I need help ...

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
                And the wormhole we see in 'Home' is ONLY in 'Home' ... we don't see it in 'Rising' ... in my opinion this special wormhole isn't an 'intergalactic wormhole' ... as I said, I really think it was a preliminary version ... and the fact that it is in 'Home' is maybe an error ... they forgot they had the definitive wormhole, the one we see in all the other episodes ...
                I think a more logical explaination is that it's a visual cue that it's not a real wormhole. Sort of like how Hammond is in different clothing based on who is talking to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  I think a more logical explaination is that it's a visual cue that it's not a real wormhole. Sort of like how Hammond is in different clothing based on who is talking to him.
                  I'm OK with this explanation .

But ... (yes ! 'but' again ) in 'Home', we see the special wormhole 2 times.
                  You're explanation works with the second time we see the wormhole in the episode -> when they travel from M4X-224 to Earth -> OK, this trip trought the wormhole is part of the 'mist illusion' .

-> But the first time we see this special wormhole (in the 9th minute of the episode) -> when they travel from Atlantis to M4X-224 -> at this point of the story, they aren't in the 'mist illusion' yet.
                  You know, when McKay contacts Atlantis to tell them he has successfully modified the M4X-224 DHD, they travel to M4X-224 to rejoin Rodney, and we see the weird wormhole ... but that's not part of the illusion ... How could the illusion begin for Shep/Weir/Teyla if they are still in the wormhole ? ... the illusion maybe begins a few seconds after they come out from the Gate ... but not when we see the first wormhole .

Comment

Well, that's a pretty nit-picky observation (and I mean that in a good way, like, wow, you saw all that?). All I noticed was that the wormhole effect was longer than normal, which to me just implied a longer trip. By Puddle Jumper it would take 840 years (I think that's the time) to get there. Of course, I don't know the speed of a Puddle Jumper, but that still sounds like a far piece to go. So maybe we were on the far edge of our normal range in the Pegasus galaxy, and after a certain point, all long trips look alike. Like taking city roads versus the interstate. The Myst planet is probably off the beaten path, as well as looking useless for anything worthwhile.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Question. I watched this episode twice last night, the second time with my son. After it was over he asked a question which I couldn't answer and couldn't remember if it was addressed in the episode. But here goes. The power source at the gate on the planet they were on. Could that not have been taken back to Atlantis to use on the gate there?
                      sigpic
                      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                        Question. I watched this episode twice last night, the second time with my son. After it was over he asked a question which I couldn't answer and couldn't remember if it was addressed in the episode. But here goes. The power source at the gate on the planet they were on. Could that not have been taken back to Atlantis to use on the gate there?
                        No the power source of the planet the sentient beings of the planet. Every time the gate was actived some were killed. It was explained near the end of the show when they figured something was wrong with things at home.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                          The extra power that would allow intergalactic travel was the Myst. Taking it back would have meant kidnapping intelligent life and massacring it.

Comment

The extra power that would allow intergalactic travel was the Myst. Taking it back would have meant kidnapping intelligent life and massacring it.
                            You said it better than I, MF.

Comment

I remember that now. Thanks to all for your help.
                              sigpic
                              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Very good episode. Liked McKay's "how do you go from.." bits and his reactio getting to his appartment, find some food put the telly on. And the no messages bit.

Shep was good to. And I wished we'd seen more of Fords other than I'm being re-assigned.
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X