No announcement yet.

Thirty Eight Minutes (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, the whole "actions tried out on the ground and relayed back to trapped team" thing reminded me a bit of Apollo 13... Different situations, of course, and I'm sure the trick has been performed in lots of other places, but that's the one that came to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      I'm just curious about how Teyla could have heard of the bugs if they were only on the wraith homeworld (or whatever it was). How could they have gotten there, anyway? The gate is in orbit. Or are the bugs on other worlds, too? I don't know if I'd call them "homing devices", but maybe the wraith DO take them along as a weapon of some sort.
      I kind of assumed that the bugs were indigenous (sp?) to the Wraith-planets. Kind of like ants or other bugs hitching rides on human vessels. Maybe they don't attack Wraiths.

FYE: sometime late in the night after watching this episode, I wanted to look at the stars from my deck and at one point backed right into a garden-spider's web (the big yellow, green and black spiders -- don't bite as far as I know, just big). Some serious freak-out antics followed as the spider, who actually landed right on my neck, tried to get away to safety.
      A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
      The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep."

Comment

Hence my question about the purpose of those finger guards they wear. Still seems kinda dangerous, feeding off something that is full of something poisonous to you.
        Oh, I didn't understand that before and umm, actually didn't notice the finger guards either. Were they on all the Wraiths?

Comment

Rofl!

Comment

Originally posted by zen.monki
            Oh, I didn't understand that before and umm, actually didn't notice the finger guards either. Were they on all the Wraiths?
            Do I need to spoiler warn for Rising?

They were on Marilyn Manson. She used them, I guess, to rip into Sumner's chest.

Comment

GREAT episode!

Loved it despite a few flaws here and there, but my favorite one so far.

STARGATE_ATLANTIS_TALK
              http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sta...Atlantis_Talk/

Comment

The matter gets stored in the buffer. So why not have everyone move beyond the EH and let the gate shut down and then perform the same trick they used in 48 Hours to rescue Teal'c?
                Already posted this in some other thread, but since it's relevant here as well I'll copy and paste:

Because it was not the same situation. In 48 Hours, Teal'c was transmitted through the wormhole and received by the target gate, just not rematerialized. They hooked up the DHD and made the gate finish the proccess.

However, in 38 Minutes, the Puddle Jumper was not transmitted through the wormhole to the target gate. Remember, the problem they were dealing with was that the the gate wouldn't send anything through until the whole ship had passed through the event horizon. So there was nothing in the buffer of the target gate to rematerialize.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                  However, in 38 Minutes, the Puddle Jumper was not transmitted through the wormhole to the target gate. Remember, the problem they were dealing with was that the the gate wouldn't send anything through until the whole ship had passed through the event horizon. So there was nothing in the buffer of the target gate to rematerialize.
                  See my related argument at the link below.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...2023#post82023

Comment

oky Shadow I think that may be Athonias have a list/yellow-page-book (lol) of addresses their parents went to and form people on other planets they might get new adresses for trade and stuff like that...so it's not really exploration, but trade...
                    why did salt with water worked...well aparently that buble with blod was made of sensative material/skin...and solt with water always works on that...so...yeah
                    and yeah i too was thinking about choclate!!!

Comment

Still sounds sketchy to me, but whatever.

As for the bug... technically, we don't KNOW that chocolate isn't poisonous to it. They got to the salt/water and stopped. They never tried the chocolate or whatever else they had.

So it's still possible that chocolate could save the day.

Comment

what if sheppard actually drunk that alcochol, that would spoil his blood...and could make that bug drunk or make his blood distaseful to the bug...and there is the end....i think there were more ways to save sheppard but stoping his heart....

Comment

To get back to the point I think someone else was making- and forgive me for being a little slow (slower than usual), but if the bug hates salt/water, why was it drinking Shep's blood? Or, at least, it was doing something to him. I was thinking more of the wraith, but the bugs definitely shouldn't like humans if they have an aversion to salt.

from the straightdope.com website:

Originally posted by Straight Dope
                          Interestingly, the proportion of minerals and salts in human tissue is very similar to the composition of seawater. The adult human body contains enough salt to fill about three salt shakers...
                          The above quote is part of an answer to the question What would happen if you drank seawater? and while it isn't entirely relevant to the conversation, it does have some interesting things to say about salt... and about seawater, which is what surrounds Atlantis.

Comment

umm i think solt doesn't bother bug from the inside of his...'stomach'?...it's the puter 'skin' that's vanulable...and when it's damaged it sucks more blood out of Sheppard to regenerate faster

Comment

Sounds awfully convenient, but I guess it could be the equivalent of pepper spray in human eyes. *sigh* Dunno why I bother researching this stuff, everyone just keeps shooting down whatever I find...

Comment

lol....sry....but you just bring up good points and i try to...'explain' whatever i can with the experience i've got...anyway...episode rocked!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X